Trundle's Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bam4K

01-03-2013

It seems that from Trundle's lore that his bearing the curse of an entire tribe might actually make him less powerful than the average troll (or a troll that was at peak physical shape). It also seems as if his ability kit should be more similar to that of Dr. Mundo's with insane health regeneration. I love the champion Trundle and I believe he has a good kit (could use a few tweaks but nothing major) my issue with the champion is that his lore does not seem to match.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

He bears the curse of the tribe, but he was also born with the gift of insanely fast healing. So, I guess the two balance themselves out.

Nightfeather1314

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam4K View Post
It seems that from Trundle's lore that his bearing the curse of an entire tribe might actually make him less powerful than the average troll (or a troll that was at peak physical shape). It also seems as if his ability kit should be more similar to that of Dr. Mundo's with insane health regeneration. I love the champion Trundle and I believe he has a good kit (could use a few tweaks but nothing major) my issue with the champion is that his lore does not seem to match.
I think his insane health regeneration is a bit occupied with trying to fight, well, the degenerative curse of an entire tribe. If he didn't have the curse I'd say he'd have more healing skills, but seeing as he has a disease-like curse, that's probably why he has those abilities. So really, his lore does match his abilities IMO. But if you don't agree, that's fine

Bam4K

01-07-2013

What about the filthy pillar though and the other contaminate ground effects though....I guess I am not satisfied in why he can do these things and why contaminating the ground helps him the way it does. Is his curse finite? By spreading elsewhere is he in a sense buffing himself?

Ask Demon Jester

01-07-2013

The contamination and whatnot are probably related to him being a troll. Not his disease. Perhaps they live in a filthy manner?

Ophirr

01-13-2013

I think a big factor in trundle's kit is the fact that he bears a curse designed to affect an entire tribe of trolls with powerful regeneration abilities by himself. With that much powerful magic in one creature, he has to have some power of his own from it (not to mention his incredible regeneration abilities, god-worthy tolerance of pain, and overall trollness) which can be seen in his ability to control the disease and affect others, terrain, and strengthen himself with it (pillar of filth, contaminate, and agony).

I actually think Trundle's lore is one of the best lores of LoL. Because he's born with amazingly natural talent, he's basically punished for it. Severely. He has to live with the constant agony of his flesh melting away then growing back in a never ending cycle. Yet he keeps going, driven by the knowledge that if he dies, the curse that he bears would most likely go back to the tribe, and goes into the League of Legends (as a troll mind you, next to some of the most civilized/powerful races in Runeterra) and stands toe-to-toe with legends, monsters, and magic incarnate. Trundle has every reason to hate life and give up: having to deal with the prejudices that the rest of the world has against him being a troll, bearing a curse while the rest of your kind gets off completely free, and being held back from your true potential of basically being immortal. Yet he keeps going, marching to the beat of a tattered, yet still valiant drum (haha, get it? beat?).

tl;dr - get out of the lore section.

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

01-13-2013

I always assumed his kit was a byproduct of his curse.

Birdy51

01-13-2013

On the contrary!

Perhaps Trundle has shamanic blood in him, allowing him to manipulate his curse. It was mentioned that the tribe does have a limited amount of spellcasters. If Trundle is like one of those shamans... Then it is possible that is able to use it his advantage by to forcing his curse on others.

*EDIT*

You'll notice that three of his abilities harm his enemy, but buff Trundle. His bite saps their physical strength. His passive takes their health and gives it to him upon their death. His ultimate steals both health and defenses from the enemy by forcing it upon them, if only for a moment. This causes me to think that Trundle is not just an idle curse bearer. Rather, this curse is somehow making him *more* powerful. Regardless of whether his lore says it or not, he's found a way to use his curse offensively and defensively by means of magic.

Another theory might be the classic, "blame the summoners" approach. Trundle only has these abilities because he is empowered by their magic. It's the same idea behind how some Champions like Garen use their ultimates. Now, I don't like this approach as much, but it's possible that they are allowing him to manipulate his curse through their knowlege while their minds are linked. This makes him a bit less awesome using this theory, so I'm inclined to hope that he has found a way to manipulate his powers.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

TheMeta88

01-13-2013

I always thought it was funny that he essentially doesn't really fullfill his oath.

Quote:
"True, but what you don't know, Trundle, is that you bearing the disease of your brethren will also be their downfall. While the plague that your tribe bore was debilitating, eventually their bodies came to rely on the disease. Yes, it caused them immense pain and constant disease, but it became inextricably fused with your race's inherent ability to regenerate." The summoner's tone was clinical as he spoke. "Thus, when the plague was extracted from their bodies, it took along with it their regenerative capabilities. Now their bodies do not even know how to sustain themselves."

The summoner paused. "What they did to you did not cure them. It barely even prolongs the tribe's inevitable extinction."

Trundle closed his eyes, overwhelmed.

The summoner continued on, unrelenting. "So, I ask you, Trundle of the Ruhgosk tribe, do you want the League to restore the disease to your tribe?"

The images flashed unbidden before his eyes - his tribe once again plagued by the debiliating disease, all equally humbled by their affliction. He imagined telling them how this sacrifice saved them all from a potentially worse fate, and his tribe finally seeing him for the savior that he was.

And suddenly, the sting of naiveté that caused him to make this same choice before shattered his train of thought. His decision to bear the burden of disease never changed the fact that he was the runt. Nothing he ever did would change that.

A crooked smile snaked across his misshapen face. "Let them suffer. I'll keep what they so generously gave me."