Should players get a 'Pardoned' Email?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitey Oosik

01-13-2013

I'm thinking people that end up in the tribunal but get pardoned should get something saying something like "...your recent behavior in games has landed you in the tribunal that your peers believed to be pardonable, As a result, you should reconsider how you act and perform to avoid ending up there again."

Something like that. No reform card, as it's not necessary. Maybe an email AND a pop-up when they log in that states that they have been recently pardoned by the tribunal but to avoid chances of ending up back there by monitoring their behavior.

thoughts?

magooomba

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitey Oosik View Post
I'm thinking people that end up in the tribunal but get pardoned should get something saying something like "...your recent behavior in games has landed you in the tribunal that your peers believed to be pardonable, As a result, you should reconsider how you act and perform to avoid ending up there again."

Something like that. No reform card, as it's not necessary. Maybe an email AND a pop-up when they log in that states that they have been recently pardoned by the tribunal but to avoid chances of ending up back there by monitoring their behavior.

thoughts?
What purpose would this serve? If their behavior was pardoned, why should they be told to reconsider how they act? I'm just trying to see what benefits this would actually provide compared with the undoubted worry that it would cause. As you have it laid out now, I don't think the benefits, whatever they are, outweigh the drawbacks.

Getsuei

01-13-2013

In the end there are just 2 possible outcomes, innocent and guilty. No reason to try and alter someones behaviour when they were just proven to be innocent.

Jaysama

01-13-2013

I think this is a great idea if they simply say "you were pardoned in the tribunal", link the case, and leave it at that. No reason to say anything else!

I agree completely, I would love to look at my old games even if just for nostaligia sake. I hope they do this!

Mitey Oosik

01-13-2013

was just a thought.

besides, riot has stated numerous times it takes an incredible amount of reports just to get into the tribunal, that said, i thought maybe ppl should know that they are obviously skirting the line when it comes to getting punished.

magooomba

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitey Oosik View Post
was just a thought.

besides, riot has stated numerous times it takes an incredible amount of reports just to get into the tribunal, that said, i thought maybe ppl should know that they are obviously skirting the line when it comes to getting punished.
That may be, but I think one question need to be addressed to fully assess this idea: Does the benefit of telling people who seem to be "skirting the line" in the hopes that they won't cross that line outweigh the undue worry that the notification would bring?

At least in my opinion, the answer to this question is in the negative. I don't think that there is much benefit in telling people who were "close" to a punishment, even if they weren't close to a punishment at all, that they should look at their behavior and change it. I think that this warning for being sent to the Tribunal, as you have suggested, would be essentially the same as the first punishment handed out be the Tribunal: a warning telling you to change. In this sense, there wouldn't even be a point to voting on first-time offenders in the Tribunal as the outcome would always be the same, whether or not a punishment is merited. If there is no distinction between whether to punish or pardon, there is no point.

Thus, I think there is a greater chance that there would be undue worry rather than anything else. Players who were punished and players who were pardoned would each receive the same "punishment" - being told to change or else. If this notification is truly a punishment, and seeing as Riot has set it as a punishment for a first-time offense we should take it to be one, then you are punishing players who were pardoned by their peers. Certainly some players who were pardoned would change and not enter into the Tribunal again, but each player must be given the opportunity to be judged by the system equally for it to have any real effectual change.

Sorry for the long post, that one kind of got away from me. Essentially, it would be great if we could inform people that they were close, but I just think there are too many possible downsides.

Sagethyme

01-14-2013

I just ran a search for this, after reading the recent thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2942140 on misconceptions. I think it might be a good idea to issue "reform" cards for pardoned accounts; this would draw their attention to the fact that their behaviour has brought them to the tribunal.

Possibly that there are still too many people with false reports showing up is why something like this couldn't be implemented. After all if one is genuinely not meant to be in there it would be distressing.