Harassment in AI games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThatONeillGuy

01-13-2013

What the . . .

1) Why is anyone yelling at anyone in an AI game?

2) Why are they yelling at you when you always go positive? You even went a couple games without any deaths.

Some people are just jerks, I guess. Can't do much except mute/ignore/report as needed and not let them drag you down to their level.

Feel free to add me. I play Normals mostly and Summoner's Rift exclusively, but I'm down for some 5v5 bot games. Especially since my Normals fail has been costing me a lot of IP bonuses lately.

x D;

Vapeurs

01-13-2013

Its something you only see in low lvs dont worry. Its mostly ppl who dont know the game themselves, since most smurfs are playing normals in low lvs, not ai matches. Once you get to like lv 20, you will almost see no harassment in ai matches. I still see it occaisonally, and I'm playing with lv 30 ppl with 600+ wins in ai matches, but thats just because theyre so good at the game, if they dont get 20 kills by 10 mins they get frustrated. And I feel that too, but I'd nvr voice that in an ai match >.> Anyways, in low lvs ai matches are actually losable. That is what a lot of new players fear.They know its the lowest tier of play, and if they lose, it means they are really really terrible at the game. So tensions get high when their teamates start dying a lot. There is not much you can do. Just know ppl tend to act better the longer you play the game. There will always be trolls/ragers/flamers ofc, but it lessens to some degree.

Sentrin

01-14-2013

Sorry to hear that you've had this bad experience so early into your time with the game. I would like to say it doesn't happen often, but sadly I don't control the community. Typically, behavior is a lot more tame in AI games, and I'd say that you were pretty unlucky to run into someone as toxic as that. Suggestions in this thread have been pretty good so I can't say much outside of recapping what's been said.

Stick to friends when you meet them, it's better to play a game with people you enjoy playing with.
Of course, when there's no one to turn to, you always have the option to play with a bot in a 3v3, with just your wife and you.

My in-game is Sentrin, feel free to add me and maybe we could play a round.