Harassment in AI games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byankuya

01-13-2013

If you want I'll play some 3v3 p vs ai (or any other mode) if you want. I like helping out newer players, even though I'm not that good myself. As for the experiences you got in game, I'm sorry it happened. Some people are here are just jerks, it best to report them after game and stay positive. Keep playing for the fun of the game and try adding those people who help you out or are nice. Eventually you'll get a nice big friend list with people who won't try trash talking when in game.

FearOfTheFlesh

01-13-2013

There are many viable solutions you have depending how u 2 feel.

1)be all derp-herp in the game but dont say a word except stuff like gj and well done to each other. Wait till he rages a lot and report. Then enjoying knowing 99% he at least gets a temp ban.

2) remind him how crappy he is that u 2 new players with hardly any experience are already regarded to be as good as him matching u in the same match then lol at him and if he gets too aggressive report.

3) be too kind to the point of sickness. Like saying oh I am so sorry I am trying my best but you are much better and I am trying to learn from what you are doing to better myself. But irl laughing at his rage. Then if he stays aggressive report and make ur report an innocent victim one to get him banned.

4) just ignore him in game or never talk to him directly. Type a few things between u and ur wife in chat to not get reported for not communicating.

I prefer seeing people get banned but thats me. It got me all the ribbons you can from coop vs ai and people I play with all now are mature and realize its a game. Any annoyance we just report. The tribunal is very good at banning and those banned lose 100s of hours and dollars. Teaches them a lesson maybe a harsh one but people dont learn otherwise. If you dont break their back they dont realize they are the problem and even after live in denial. You see this also in regards to lower elo or play quality.

You 2 enjoy the game even play ranked who cares? If your teamates lose a bit of elo and cant regain it after they deserve to lose it and if u are in the proper elo and they rage at ur play quality point them to how horrible they play that u 2 new players are already at their elo.

That is how u treat this community in general. While those kinder better ones add and make friends with. They are always better players and improve faster. A good community with all positive players willing to teach that you can join is called lowelo chat. Also check out their podcasts at lowelo.com.

Good luck.

Delingar

01-13-2013

I'm about three weeks into this game and completely sympathize with your findings. Based on the amount of times I see people flipping out in Co-op vs. AI, I have lost any interest in investing $ in this game. I will tolerate the BS as long as I keep it 100% free to play.

However, in the end, you and your wife will need to learn to tolerate trolls and flaming in games. Unless you do nothing but custom games with only friends or bots, you will always run the risk of having someone trash talking, either on your side or the opposition, or both. Yes, you can put them on ignore while in game, but sometimes that can set you up for problems if it's a teammate who might flame but also occasionally warn of MIAs, etc.

Anyways, OP, feel free to add me in game. I don't play for hours each day, but when I do, I don't trashtalk. And I still know how to laugh at myself when I'm having a bad game.

Vincius

01-13-2013

Step 1 : Use the ''Mute button''
Step 2 : Have fun
Step 3 : Use the ''Report button''

Enjoy!

Vincius

01-13-2013

Be aware also that a lot of low level players are actually some very experienced players that got banned for you-know-what-reason, made a new account and just can't control themselves. Some of them will get banned on their way to level 30, but there will always be players like that even in high-level games. Ignore them.

Mauru

01-13-2013

Sorry to hear you got harassed in an AI game. Truth be told I've been harassed twice in AI games myself, despite us winning both times (and often beating the harasser's score). Co-op vs. AI is still, for the most part, a chill experience, especially compared to PVP. Those 2 bad games are out of a sample of 100+ so the odds of getting an annoying teammate is low. Usually it's somebody whining that someone else is kill-stealing (a claim I've rarely seen supported), but those people often are more concerned about their score and not about winning the game.

I say go ahead and keep playing Co-op games if that's what you guys love to do. If you ever feel the urge to give PVP a shot do so before you hit 20 where other's are inexperienced as well. Just warning that the amount of negative people does increase in PVP due to it's competitive nature, but it's fun and more unpredictable than bots.

If you ever have questions about builds, characters, or strategy, don't be afraid to ask this subforum as well. People here are really nice.

Fate000

01-13-2013

I feel bad for you. I've been harassed in a Co-op game too, twice (in the 100+ bot games I've played). Don't worry, as much as there are people who are mean they are people who are really nice too. You can add them to your friend list and eventually you can, maybe, make friends you can play with. The best bet is to have enough friends to make a 5-person team, it'll guarantee no ragers!
You can add me if you want to play together too, I don't mind new players and I really like helping people to learn.

FearOfTheFlesh

01-13-2013

Trust me go with my previous post it will not only make you enjoy the game more but get you the ribbons no sweat.

People like players who not only are mature enough to not be childish and whine but know how to take care of the whiny childish crowd in the community. They will be greatful to you and you will quickly find this to be true in the endless friend requests and thx u will get.

Xithaj

01-13-2013

Thanks again everyone for the helpful comments!

We have gotten several friend requests already and are having a much more enjoyable experience playing 3v3 and 5v5 with people who *gasp* play video games to have fun.

Were learning quickly and hope to be onto normal games after we each find a champion or two were confident with.

Rooster DWSF

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xithaj View Post
My wife and I are new to this game. We like it a lot so far, and have stuck to AI games until we get a firm grasp on the roles and find champions we like.

We have been playing 3v3 vs AI.

Our past few matches have made me see why this community gets so much flack.

We both were trying out new champions we got from the $5 starter pack (awesome deal btw).

I thought AI matches on Easy were for people to get used the game and learn. But we have been constantly harassed and abused for not playing these new champions perfectly on the first try. In AI matches.

We really like the game, and it is hard to find games that we both want to play together a lot. But if were already getting this kind of treatment in AI games, I can only imagine what will happen if we don't play like perfectly tuned automatons in Normal games...
Some people can be very mean. Don't worry about them. Sometimes it seems some people get so into the game they forget its main purpose. Having fun. If you are new it's perfectly understandable if someone is not doing good. Do what I always say, "Kill them with kindness". Just say nice things in chat call for help when needed communicate and say if enemy is moving toward them. And all together still try to strategize with them. Not sure if I spelled strategize right it doesn't matter though you understand what I mean. All it takes is 1 bad apple to ruin the fun and game. I always throw my bad apples away and just still continue to work as a team. Remember you and your wife are the ones in control, you have 2 choices, you can either let the bad apple/s bring you down or you don't let them and you continue to enjoy the game and have fun. Your choice the power is always on you. I always continue to work as a team and communicate with them but I don't throw any negatives in their face I tell them gj and tell them if enemies are headed their way. Anyway enough rambling I like to talk. If you ever want a chill person to play with feel free to add me in the game and I'll play with you. NOTE: may not be always available since I have so many friends. Usually I am taken up on a first come first serve basis. And if there is ever room in my parties you will be guaranteed an invite.

Have fun out there! - Rooster Is Bad