Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Harassment in AI games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xithaj

01-13-2013

My wife and I are new to this game. We like it a lot so far, and have stuck to AI games until we get a firm grasp on the roles and find champions we like.

We have been playing 3v3 vs AI.

Our past few matches have made me see why this community gets so much flack.

We both were trying out new champions we got from the $5 starter pack (awesome deal btw).

I thought AI matches on Easy were for people to get used the game and learn. But we have been constantly harassed and abused for not playing these new champions perfectly on the first try. In AI matches.

We really like the game, and it is hard to find games that we both want to play together a lot. But if were already getting this kind of treatment in AI games, I can only imagine what will happen if we don't play like perfectly tuned automatons in Normal games...

TehomCD

01-13-2013

Ugh, that's awful luck that people would be jerks to you in easy co-op vs AI. You can see that occasionally, but normally people aren't bad there. What I'd suggest is playing some custom games with bots - 2 of you + a bot versus 3 bots on the enemy team, so you don't have to deal with a random person being a jerk while you learn.

You'd also probably be much less likely to have the other people be jerks in co-op matches that are 5-person, either Dominion or Summoner's Rift. A problem you might be running into in the 3v3 map is that if the other person was just trying to get a fast win of the day, they'd really resent being stuck with 2 new players and turn abusive if it looks like they're going to lose, or even if just the game isn't as fast as they like.

Xithaj

01-13-2013

I think the biggest thing that made us upset is that we won. We were NEVER in jeopardy of losing. In our last match, we were 0/0/0 and the other guy was 1/4/0 and started saying how we were trash and should uninstall. We were both top on 3v3, he was a tank bottom, and we both had more CS than him.

I was going to go bottom since I had a bottom champ, but he stayed.

Llesh

01-13-2013

Im sorry you have had to go through this, but I understand where you are coming from. I noticed this right away when I started playing about a month ago and almost quit right there and then, but I stayed.
There are good people out there, there are helpful people, they are often more quiet though, and you might just have to ask for a little help. Be sure to use the mute button if you need, it's the talking bubble to the right or players on the score screen (Tab)

Also the report button after games helps to cull some of the bad behavior, and while not perfect does help a lot.

There are also many people who offer to play with new players right here in the forums, or in games you play with nice people be sure to friend them after, one of the buttons after a game in the all chat lobby to the right of players names near the report button. Also something to be on the lookout for are ribbons...

Those little colored ribbons on the picture of players names sometimes more helpful/ friendly players, blue = helpful ribbon, green = friendly ribbon, yellow = combo... be sure to ask those people if you need any help.

Again... there are rude people, foul language, and inconsiderate players... just like in life... lucky unlike in life where we can walk away from them, here we can at least mute them

Vieryn

01-13-2013

I've looked at tribunal cases and it's kind of sad the amount of trolling and abusive language that gets thrown around. The great thing about this is though I have only had one negative experience in game and the rest of my team was on my side just telling me not to retaliate. I always play the coop 5 person in summoners rift.

Actually everyone has been really nice and supportive, giving me instructions on how to better my play and lending my support when i'm struggling to push my lane. There was even a game that went really poorly and another girl and i were very negative and the whole team willingly reworked the strategy for us. You could add me as a friend and join me on summoners rift?

BurstDemon

01-13-2013

Add good players when you meet them. I sent you an invite, I'll play with you if you have ever wanna play a game

Dark Nephthys

01-13-2013

Xithaj I can play a few matches with you if you want later today. (like possibly 3-4 hours from now if your on still) But yea like Llesh said, there's a lot of annoying people and then there's some really really nice people. The best thing for you 2 to do is get a group of people from the forums and play Summoner's Rift because I personally think it might be a bit easier to get into but then again I never did TT or Dom and only did Summoner's Rift.

But yea either get a group of people on here, or do custom battles with AI's with you and your wife so you can get a feel for the game without harassment from others. After you get a feel then you can start doing Co-Op Vs AI until you understand how teams function in this game and understand each role and have a few champions you like. After that start doing normal pvp matches. Although I'd recommend grouping with friends for pvp at first again since that's when the game get a little more serious (but at low levels you should be fine until level 30 lol)

Ign: Darkrulerjoe

Xithaj

01-13-2013

Wow, this was much better feedback than I anticipated. I appreciate it!

Will be taking you guys up on those game offers for sure!

MightyLlama

01-13-2013

I know this dosent help you practice your roles, but when you want to practice some pvp combat, I find dominion is pretty chill as long as you are doing your best to capture control points.

If you are looking for a pool of friendly in game friends so that you can find a third for 3v3 feel free to add me.

Unrelenting9

01-13-2013

I know what you mean, and I meet a lot of jerks in game. Feel free to add me in game and I'll play matches with you (I like doing AI matches for practice and stress-free IP as well). It really is galling the amount of trolls there are in this game, but I'm on a few hours a day so feel free to message me whenever you want a match! Personally, I like 5v5 matches so there's more variation and fun in the matches.