Need help with cs and lane. Please know what you are talking about!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsukuyòmi

01-13-2013

Hello,

On my quest to improve in the game and get higher elo, I am working on improving certain skills that I need.

At the moment, I want to improve my cs scores.

My cs are about 60-65, in 10 mins. I want someone that can actually tell me how to increase this and tell me how I can keep farming throughout the whole game and get full build ASAP.

I also need help with the lane. I want to learn about trades, zoning, how to handle hard counters, and when/where exactly to ward, when to roam, and how, etc.

Please guys, if you are going to give advice or claim that you can help me, be a person that an do these things and knows what I am asking for. I need real advice from a pro. I want to become a pro, I don't want to listen to assumptions about the game.

If you are going to tell me things like "time your animations" and so on, I already know that. I want advice to take it to the next level, I don't want advice on how to be a 1200 elo player, I am that already lol.

icsul

01-13-2013

I also need some help. I want to make Ryze my main, but his problem is that is very hard to farm with him. In my last match I killed 97 minions in 27 minutes (the laning phase ended prety quick and about half of the match i spended killing enemies not mininons), but otherwise I had a good score: 9/0/8.
How can I improve this score?

Etherimp

01-13-2013

In lane watch both enemy minions HP and enemy minion HP. When the enemy steps in to last hit, you time it so that you are shooting them at the same time they are shooting for a minion.. Or right before they go for the minion to force them to fall back and miss the CS.

Meanwhile, continue to farm your own CS. If you're up against a sustain heavy lane, focus more on last hitting. If you're up against a lane without sustain (Leona, Nunu, etc) then you have to be willing to miss a few CS here or there in order to zone the enemy every time they step in for last hits.

This is the fundamentals of trading.

Zoning comes into play when you either have

a: So much harass (such as cait+taric vs vayne+nunu) that you can keep them at low HP and stand between them and minions.

b: Such high threat (Leona/Blitz + Corki/Graves/Ezreal) that you have killed them 1-2 times, which means you have enough of a lead to win trades with them while being extremely aggressive.

Roaming is done mostly by Mid, so I'll assume that's what you're talking about..

Roam when you have the following:

1. Enemy is pushed back to tower
2. You have cleared the last wave to reach middle almost instantly and thus pushed your wave to enemy tower.
3. Enemy lacks kill potential or mobility.
4. Bot/Top lane looks like you can pick up a kill or help your teammates pick up a kill.
5. Their jungler either just died, or is spotted in another lane, or on wards.

Handling hard counters = Don't get hard countered.. This means don't pick Mid/Top unless you are absolutely sure you will not get counter picked. Of course, worst case scenario, you can still get counter picked.. And in those cases, you can try switching Bot with Top (Go 1v2 bot and have bot go 2v1 top), or you can simply request help from the jungler. If you're mid, you just have to try to farm as best as you can until your jungler can help you. Bring teleport instead of ignite, maybe. If you are playing a mobile/high kill potential character (Ahri/Kat/Akali), farm kills in other lanes. If you're playing a good farmer (Morde, Galio, etc), simply push your minion wave ASAP and go do wraiths.. Stay out of the middle of the lane as much as possible and try to avoid trades. If worse comes to worse, hug your tower and last hit under it.

As far as warding.. there are tons of guides and forum posts and videos on Youtube about this.

Tsukuyòmi

01-13-2013

Thanks for your post man, but you are not telling me something I do t know already. I know this, and I use this but it just doesn't seem to work out. I think there is more to it. Anybody in 800 elo knows these things lol. I need someone who has gone to like 2 k rating from 1100. I need people that really know the game. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at the wrong place.

Sea Monsters

01-13-2013

We don't actually know what you are aware of. If you want more than just general advice, you'll need to have people watch your games or give us a lot more info. You can start to help us help you with the following.

Make a custom game of Summoner's Rift with you being the only person. Focus on getting as much farm as possible for 10 minutes. It doesn't matter if you've done this before. Do this 2 or 3 times.

How much farm did you get? Give an exact time and number for each of these custom games. We'll start from there.

Tsukuyòmi

01-13-2013

I wanted to do that and give you a lot I details but people will just spam it saying tl:dr and bs.. I will work on a post to tell exactly what I think I know and what I need help with.

LarcyBrown

01-13-2013

lol replay use it if you want us to comment and give concrete help on what you need to improve.

Etherimp

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuymi View Post
Thanks for your post man, but you are not telling me something I do t know already. I know this, and I use this but it just doesn't seem to work out. I think there is more to it. Anybody in 800 elo knows these things lol. I need someone who has gone to like 2 k rating from 1100. I need people that really know the game. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at the wrong place.

Clearly you DO NOT know these things, or you would not be 1200 Elo.

And no, people at 800 Elo do not know how to trade properly.

Post replays of you playing, and I'll help analyze them. Although I think this thread is less a call for help and more a call for attention. You're trying to get a "pro" to respond to you, but odds are when he does, he's going to say much of the same stuff that's already been said.

Tsukuyòmi

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
Clearly you DO NOT know these things, or you would not be 1200 Elo.

And no, people at 800 Elo do not know how to trade properly.

Post replays of you playing, and I'll help analyze them. Although I think this thread is less a call for help and more a call for attention. You're trying to get a "pro" to respond to you, but odds are when he does, he's going to say much of the same stuff that's already been said.
What I am saying, is that this is material that everyone can look up, everyone knows. I am not saying that I can do it 100% perfect with all the champions in the game, but yes, I can do it.

Now I am not here to argue, and I honestly don't give a **** what you think about attention. Yesterday for example 3 different people spectated some games of mine, and they were all telling me it's not my fault I lost the the game, and they gave me some advice like warding x instead of y, etc, pretty much they didn't even pick up why I would do this and not that for example. That's why I am saying, I need people who the game way more than I do.

Why I have 1200 elo, I am not even sure why to be honest, and honestly elo.. I don't care about it so much. I just know that I can do better, but for some reason it doesn't work, I am missing something.

I am looking for people who know about the game and ARE willing to help. Now if i hurt your feelings or something because I told you "what you said I know already" then **** off dude. Seriously, just because I told you that, you are all like "that's why you are 1200" bla bla bla?

I am sorry, but I honestly don't think that elo has any meaning in this game, and I don't even know how it works.

For example, there are people that have even more rating than the pros.. but where are those people? Just playing at their home or something because they don't have what it takes to play at that level.

Another example, and I really don't understand how this works. I have 14 wins let's say and 16 loses, and I am sitting at 1100 something elo, and my friend has the same win/loss and has 1400+, can some1 explain to me how this works? Because I don't get it.

Tsukuyòmi

01-14-2013

Anyway though, I actually needed help with cs and some lanes issues that I have, but oh well, people too busy flaming.