Question about a case

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xasyri

01-13-2013

I have a case and I'm not sure how to vote so I was curious about a general consensus. The player in question played ezreal and apparently picked after the team already had an ADC. The ezreal received 4 teammate reports and a few from the enemy team. The player was cited for the following:

Starting dorans blade and intentionally stealing CS after claiming to be support in champ select and griefing his own ADC the majority of the game resulting in a loss.

The ezreal kept talking about how there is nothing against the TOS regarding champion selection and no rules about following the meta to which I agree, but by claiming to be support and then purposefully stealing CS with his Q and autos seems fairly troll.

Any opinions?

NoobMascot

01-13-2013

I do what he does every now and tehn -.-
Going shaco support, graves support and even vayne.
Yeah I take cs but its like, if you know that person cant get it, reach it or is in middle of last hitting another cs or even missing like 10 out of 20 knowing that they're not reliable kinda thing.

But I don't know how the usual tribunal view things, having too much knowledge is also bad in a sense too cause 'we know of the meta' and so forth.
If I was a noob, I would've pardoned 100% and thought the guy *****ing about taking cs was the troll instead for being selfish and not sharing cs

embalmdk

01-13-2013

Trolling specifically is not against the code. The person may just not be a good player or may think that the game was designed for such activity and that there is nothing wrong with what they did. Personally, I would attribute this to being a bad player and not knowing the game. Eventually, they will grow out of it. If they continue they will get to the tribunal again because of consistent behaviour.

xystris

01-13-2013

did he claim he was support? usually you can spot a troll from his other reports. without the actually case where one can see the stats/chat... all your question does make light of how responsible you should be in evaluating the case.

Llesh

01-13-2013

If you believe as many people do that following the meta is not required, that being a good player is not required, and that building items a certain way is not required then there is nothing to punish according to what you are saying.

Personally I do not believe any of those things deserve a punishment, and because of the very fluid nature of the game we don't really know what was going on to cause the "support" to take cs. Ive changed from support to AP in games before, and seen it done many times as well... the argument a support should never take cs is a meta argument... so not valid to me in a tribunal case

embalmdk

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llesh View Post
If you believe as many people do that following the meta is not required, that being a good player is not required, and that building items a certain way is not required then there is nothing to punish according to what you are saying.

Personally I do not believe any of those things deserve a punishment, and because of the very fluid nature of the game we don't really know what was going on to cause the "support" to take cs. Ive changed from support to AP in games before, and seen it done many times as well... the argument a support should never take cs is a meta argument... so not valid to me in a tribunal case
The items mentioned by Llesh may be warranted in Ranked play at the silver or higher level, but everyone needs to learn the game so just because a person does not build to your liking or play the way you want does not mean you can rage at them.

KimKelley

01-13-2013

I could tell you what I think, but it's best for you to assess the Summoner's code and make your own decisions. If you really can't decide, skip.