Tribunal isn't going away

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harate

01-13-2013

The amount of complaints on this forum make it look like tons of people only get punished. But it's because the tons of people who get pardoned dont even know about it.

embalmdk

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harate View Post
The amount of complaints on this forum make it look like tons of people only get punished. But it's because the tons of people who get pardoned dont even know about it.
To this I agree. Unfortunately from the thousands of tribunal cases I reviewed only a small percentage justify a pardon. The majority justify clicking punish. I have clicked pardon a number of times where the majority clicked punish, I have also clicked punish where the decision was to pardon. It is now a perfect system. I personally look for slurs, consistent behaviour, and generally poor sportsmanship. There is nothing that I can see that justifies someone in abusing another. Is it really that important to win such that a person must demean another person or give another orders. Most games are random which means there is no defacto leader and no superior player. All players are presumed to be the same level and yet I find in tribunal cases many believe they are superior to others and therefore able to provide direction. Also these presumably superior players never seem to offer constructive direction, it almost always appears as a derogatory insult which they believe will make a player better.

As a suggestion, I recommend that everyone go into the tribunal a review 1000 or so cases to see what constitutes bad behaviour. If you believe that a slur or derogatory comments are acceptable then you can pardon. In either case you will see what is going on in the game and make your own judgement.

YueienGato

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post
One invdivual doesn't speak for everyone. Stop using any little thing you can to your favor. Sure there are people that get banned by the Tribunal that deserve it, but there are JUST as many that get banned that do not. This system does not work. It is inefficient in so many ways. Don't open up a thread just to rant if you cant give any evidence to back up your opinion.
And one vote doesn't mean someone is punished or pardoned. It takes a majority of people to do so. Do I determine who gets perma bamp? No, I just take a case in its singularity and apply my opinion on the situation presented. I vote punish or pardon and move on - I wash my hands of it and hope that other like-minded folks vote in a similar fashion.

I have been wrong on occasion, but for the most part most of my judgments are similar to the majority of the rest of the Tribunal judges decided should have been the desired outcome.

Just as you imply that I am "out" to get people is as easily made as the jab I made at Derpshot. Yes, there are *some* unfairly bamp people, but once again Riot employees are the ones who decide the punishment: I just vote punish or pardon. If I knew, for instance, that the outcome of a certain case would be, if guilty, a perma bamp, would it change the way I vote?

No.

Why? Cause said person would have had several previous brushes with the Tribunal. That is the logical gap you have: This is not a one-off, random lightening strike, blue lobster event; the lack of ownership to behaviour has LED people to this.

But of course you will disregard this because this comes from the mouth of the enemy: Lyte, Wookie, whatever. The mentality I find with most people who come here is:

a) deny.
b) blame it on someone else or the system
c) minimize the individual's own actions
d) blame it on someone else or the system

How many of these people who show up and claim innocence are ACTUALLY innocent? In the last 3 months I can count on my hand how many cases brought here that I, personally, would have reversed if I had the power to.

But once again, that is just me - a lone voice. It is the group, a big annoynmous group who is by far easier to attack as an ad hoc entity than anything else. You're just as guilty of over generalization as I am, but wait!

Since my point was directed at Derpshot, who has a record here, your false outrage seems out of place.

I remembered asking you in another thread, Point, if you were willing to put your money where your mouth was when you called out Shiister's behaviour, and actually go through the nitty gritty of answering, in detail, these threads of "unjustly banned" "innocent" "broken system" etc,.

I still have yet to see you give a response any such thread that isn't: system broken, innocent people get harmed, Riot is run by warlocks.

Harate

01-13-2013

Sorry I meant the people who don't end up in tribunal at all.

To use crude math if 1000 people get banned in a month the tribunal forums would be loaded to complaint threads. To the average forum goer this looks like the system is harming the community and broken.

But if there's 1,000,000 people who never end up in the tribunal then statistically the punished are in the minority. Lyte dropped the data a couple times but the percentage of those in the tribunal compared to those who never end up there is way bigger than my example and the %'s favor the innocent. The 1,000,000 won't flood to the tribunal forum to say how nice it is to not be banned ever. But the punished are sure as hell going to come here to ***** and moan.

It paints an inaccurate portrayal of the effectiveness of Tribunal.

Mitey Oosik

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpshot View Post
Why would it go away, as long as riot maintains their lazy mentality they enjoy the free labor you ******s are offering them.
what labor?

Harate

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitey Oosik View Post
what labor?
Oh god I broke a real sweat from clicking my mouse 20 times a day. This is labor abuse help OSHA oh god my fingers I never see my family anymore judging all these cases ohhhhhhgoddddd

YueienGato

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harate View Post
Oh god I broke a real sweat from clicking my mouse 20 times a day. This is labor abuse help OSHA oh god my fingers I never see my family anymore judging all these cases ohhhhhhgoddddd
Clearly a case for Billy