Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anyone just solely play dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustAGhost

01-15-2013

Since Dominion was released I've played maybe 5 normal games. I find laning/farming to be painfully dull, so now there's no going back.

NavyGothic

01-15-2013

I almost exclusively play Dom, except for the occasional bot match when I just want to muck around.

I really dislike the laning phase and snowball effects in SR. The big teamfights in SR are more fun than Dom skirmishes, but 10 minutes of last hitting to get to the fun part (and it's only fun if both teams are nice and close in gold) just isn't worth it. Dom is fun from the start.

nephdj

01-16-2013

Nearly exclusively, play some TT for fun sometimes but hate the new map

Unstable Fury

01-16-2013

Been playing it almost exclusively since it came out. Only play the Rift vs. Bots to farm IP.

Unstable Fury

01-16-2013

Quote:
JustAGhost:
Since Dominion was released I've played maybe 5 normal games. I find laning/farming to be painfully dull, so now there's no going back.

^ I too find laning/farming dull. I just wanted to qualify what is and isn't dull.

Dull = farming for 10 minutes, hoping the carries get fed/waiting for jungler ganks, and then snowballing out of control and taking out a big stupid worm-thingy.

Not Dull = Teamfighting out the gate, towerdiving/defending, pro guerrilla jungle warfare. Farming/wave control mandatory only for bot.

Arcades79

01-16-2013

Dominion is by far my favorite game type. The faster start (last hit farming can get dull), the emphasis on champion vs. champion and the capture node dynamic. If the que times get too high, I'll hop over to TT, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much.

Darmival

01-16-2013

Quote:
Unstable Fury:
^ I too find laning/farming dull. I just wanted to qualify what is and isn't dull.

Dull = farming for 10 minutes, hoping the carries get fed/waiting for jungler ganks, and then snowballing out of control and taking out a big stupid worm-thingy.

Not Dull = Teamfighting out the gate, towerdiving/defending, pro guerrilla jungle warfare. Farming/wave control mandatory only for bot.

These were the reasons I became just a dom player
then riot said they hated ppl having dom elo and cheated the community
hence my earlier post about basically not playing at all now

smXho

01-16-2013

since 2011, i either not play LOL and played only Dominion

What got me into it is 15-25 minute games as opposed to 35-60 minute games

But the more you play, the more you realise there is a lot more to this mode then you think

Ikruti

01-16-2013

Since Dominion's release I've played Dominion almost exclusively. Maybe 5-10 games of SR total, mostly because I wanted to try for S2 Janna skin. Unfortunately I just couldn't really bring myself to win enough games in SR to get that.

Always in the back of my mind when I play SR, just as the laning phase is ending I'm thinking, "A Dominion game would've already been done by now."

HawtPockets

01-16-2013

I like Murder Bridge too, but Dominion is my go-to map. SR has way too many angry players for my taste.