Does anyone just solely play dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohforfsake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

I have ever since it came out pretty much. I don't like the forced roles in SR, also sr is often over before the game even begins.

Palladine

01-13-2013

Dom almost exclusively for me. The pacing is so much better, and one's performance isn't so tightly tied to farming, last-hitting and warding.

SoloWings

01-13-2013

I play around 95% Dominion. I like the fast paced action and is more forgiving for the odd mistake

I do like the odd SR game for the straight up 5v5 team fights you get though, that you don't usually get in dom games.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

I played it almost exclusively up to level 30 (I joined LoL when Riven came out).

When Dom Elo was squashed for the last time though, I got really frustrated and switched over to SR to play ranked. Was fun at first because it was something new, but all the reasons people list here as problems with SR has dropped it down.

Now I mostly play ARAM. That ****'s fun and the random aspect of it helps keep it fresh. Part of me hopes it becomes a game mode for more even matches, other part doesn't because I do like how laid back it is.

I play Dom and SR on about an equal rate now, probably more Dom. If I play SR though it's as a jungle, as that is a lot more fun than laning. Still takes forever and all that good stuff but ganking lets fights happen and such, and huge impact on all lanes.

IronAegis

01-14-2013

I will never go back to SR. I played a few hundred games, dabbled in solo ranked, and found nothing but rage and farmville, win or lose. After trying out Dominion, I found it to be much more enjoyable than spending 20 minutes pewpewing minions.

Your mileage may vary, but Dominion is the only reason I'm here.

Skulleer

01-14-2013

I've tried to go back to the other modes, but they're painfully slow. I'm kind of embarrassed that I wasted so much time doing tedious last-hitting when I could have been having fun immediately.

baleofvale

01-14-2013

I play Dom exclusively.

I like not having the match solely dependent on last hitting cpu minions for 20 minutes. I like that it is a shorter match too. There is a lot of negativity and raging on sr, it feels like I have truly lost 60-70 minutes of my life. Some say the sr matches last only 50 minutes, but I have to consider the matching times and the # of cancels/dodges.

I've tried aram a few times but I have gotten booted for not having enough sr matches played. It sounds like a good mode, though.

Blizzmaster

01-15-2013

Dominion is my go-to mode for when I'm by myself. I can start up a game quickly, not be as restricted in my selection of champion, and get right into the action instead of playing League of Last Hits for 20 minutes, with the occasional gank.

When I've got friends online though, SR is a better mode because none of my friends like Dominion... .

Darmival

01-15-2013

i was primarily a dom player, reached like 1900+ elo via blind pick solo randoming at one point but then I burnt out once Riot repeatedly squashed any method of Dominion elo tracking.

Now I hardly keep up with my win of the day now via a bot game..

Riot didn't support dominion enough and I grew to hate SR so once I burnt out on Dom I had nothing.

grandmastad

01-15-2013

90% dom player here. I play ranked SR time to time. Almost not fun anymore. It's all about farm and it's slow and boring.