Does anyone just solely play dominion?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

01-13-2013

It's been awhile since I've set foot in the Rift.
When I'm not playing Dominion, I'm playing ARAM.

Dom4life!

naotasan

01-13-2013

Naotasan reporting in.
Dominion-only player. (But I play bots sometimes with a friend I just introduced to the game)
Plays lots of Karma

MMKH

01-13-2013

I've been playing Dominion for probably 99.9% of all of LoL games last year.

Khariel

01-13-2013

1389 dominion games vs. 128 SR games, so yea, one more dominion fan over here.

Eloquid

01-13-2013

I can't stand slow pace that other maps became in S3, last hitting devalued minions, then proceed to be prisoner of a bad team for next 45-60 minutes. Dominion is far superior game mode imho and it's all I play last few weeks. Will continue in that manner.

BdMtFk

01-13-2013

aka domfags

STANKSTORM DELTA

01-13-2013

Dude, yes. I can't remember the last time I've played SR. All I play is Dom and Murder Bridge.

Stark Midnight

01-13-2013

I've played 1000+ dom games and around 50 SR games, so yea pretty much. There are certain factors of SR i hate and i wouldnt even play league of legends if it was the only game mode.

Dante Brimscone

01-13-2013

I've started playing Dom for the first time ever this week (mostly bot games to get an understanding, couple of pvps) and I'm loving it. I've grown really tired of SR, as fun as the mode is in theory.

One, my favorite role in s2 was jungle but s3 has killed the fun there for me. It's tedious to farm, easy to fall behind, attracts too much rage from teammates. I also like that I can play one of my favorite champs, Rengar, again in Dom.

Two, the biggest reason I feel mostly done with SR, is the strict strict strict enforcement of the professional meta, even in normal games. Want to play Elise support? Rage. Want to duo top? Rage. It's ridiculous. Nearly every SR player thinks the game will break if you don't play like TSM does. It's tiring when your only choices are spamming chat and arguing over who goes mid/top/adc or having to play support/jungle every game. It really bugs me when people demand the pro meta but refuse to fill support or jungle.

Three, games there snowball so hard that too often things are pretty much over (barring a miracle throw) by around 20 minutes, but people refuse to surrender. I hate turtling out near certain losses for 45+ minutes. The game times on Dom are much more attractive.

Sauron

01-13-2013

For 2012 I was probably 85% Dominion. Remainder being 13% TT, 1% PG, and 1% SR.

This year I expect much higher %'s on the other modes, though. No reason to exclusively play one thing, and I'd like to see if I can make triple diamond in S3 instead of just TT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Brimscone View Post
Two, the biggest reason I feel mostly done with SR, is the strict strict strict enforcement of the professional meta, even in normal games. Want to play Elise support? Rage. Want to duo top? Rage. It's ridiculous. Nearly every SR player thinks the game will break if you don't play like TSM does. It's tiring when your only choices are spamming chat and arguing over who goes mid/top/adc or having to play support/jungle every game. It really bugs me when people demand the pro meta but refuse to fill support or jungle.
This is exactly why I stopped playing SR shortly before Dominion was beta'd (I stopped SR for the old TT). I didn't like support in S2 and how degenerate the lane matchups had become. S3 did alleviate some of those issues, but now jungling feels awful. All I can say is, SR is waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun with a full group of 5, and I can't believe they still don't have a role-flag system for solo queue.

123456 ... 7