What champion should I buy to carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P1NECO

01-13-2013

I would like to know what champion I should buy to carry for my team because unfortunately I am always on a team with feeders. I only have 829 IP so it may take me a while to get a high IP champion. I prefer to have a melee champion because I tend to better with those.

So if you would recommend some champions for me, their builds, their lane, and how to build them that would be great. Thanks.

Fate000

01-13-2013

Nocturne is tough to play, but if you can hit the W's perfectly then you can be really hard to kill. (Jungler / Melee ADC). I recommend him. - 4800 IP

Evelynn is a good midlane assassin that can really snowball hard. - 1350 IP

Consider Katarina too. Snowball, snowball, snowball, pentakill. - 3150 IP

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-13-2013

Jax is 1350 IP and is the best champion in the game.

WastedWatermelon

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Jax is 1350 IP and is the best champion in the game.
Opinons, opinons.

WastedWatermelon

01-13-2013

P1NECO, i suggest you go with Garen. If you are low on influence points he is only 450 and he is a good temporary champion to use to get money to buy a much better champion such as Volibear. He is a melee fighter and he can carry easily. But one thing, to carry with Garen you must have quick fingers. If you cannot type, you cannot use him. As long as you can press keys quick with your eyes on the screen then you are good. To build for him you should fist get the Ionian Boots of Lucidity. These boots reduce his cooldowns which he definitely needs and give him a relatively good speed boost. After this get the Homeguard enchantment, which makes you get out of your spawn quite fast(doubles your speed for 8 seconds). Next buy Warmogs Armor(+1000 health, plus UNIQUE passive ability: Restores 1.5% of your maximum health every 5 seconds). After buy the Bloodthirster. Next get the Nashor`s Tooth. IF you get this far (trust me I have before) get the Phantom Dancer. I have never got THIS far but if you do get the Trinity Force.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-13-2013

Wow.

EDIT: Oh wait, NinjaCatzz is summoner level 11.

Gimpyloser

01-13-2013

I'd recommend buying a champion pack. It is a worthwile investment for a new player. As a new player, which I assume you are, you want to find your role. Is it AD, AP, or Tank? What do you feel most strongly at? This is important because you only want to burn IP on one set of runes in the beginning while leveling. If AP, try Annie, Ryze. Very easy and super strong mids. If AD, try Master Yi, Ashe, also very easy and powerful. If tank which is usually your jungler/top, try a Malphite, Jax, Amumu.

You want to try and stay away from the harder champs, skill shots, etc when learning the game. Keep it simple, master one role, master the recommended/easy champs and you'll level fast.

WastedWatermelon

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Wow.

EDIT: Oh wait, NinjaCatzz is summoner level 11.
Ahah yup! What about you? You are a senior member.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-13-2013

Junior Member, Member, and Senior Member have nothing to do with your in game summoner level. It's based on your number of forum posts.

I'm summoner level 30.

And your post, eh... there's nothing wrong with playing Garen, he's just not a carry. He's a solid champion and great for beginners certainly, but not a carry.

As for the item build? It could probably use some work. For starters, you should be rushing to fully upgraded boots as your first build. On any champion. And on Garen? I wouldn't build the CDR boots. The thing is, while CDR is a great stat, there are a lot of other items that are a lot more useful for Garen than will give you CDR. For example, you want to build a Trinity Force and a Phantom Dancer.

Garen would be a lot better off with say Iceborn Gauntlets and a Zephyr. These give you some of the things you're looking for out of the two items you want to build, but these items also have CDR on them. (and by the way, I don't even necessarily know if these two items are perfect for Garen--I haven't played Garen in a long time... but I know that I certainly wouldn't be building CDR boots, Trinity Force, or Phantom Dancer on him)

BigWenus

01-13-2013

Why does it matter, all you play is bots...
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/38786701#history
LOL