[Champion Concept] Cyform, The Arcane Robot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SushiSummon

01-13-2013

Hi, and welcome to my first champion concept. I'm really sorry about the derpy lore, name and title, but that's because I suck at creating them

I really hope you guys like it and any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated
In case you're wondering, this is a slightly revamped champion concept. The original thread is located in the following link.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...+name+or+title

================================================== ===============
INTRO
================================================== ==============
The new character is going to be a support, utilising both AD and AP. Each of his abilities scales on both AP and AD, unlike many hybrids in which each skill would only either scale on AP or AD.

APPEARANCE
================================================== ==============
It's still on the drawing board. He would be a mechanical robot infused with magic-like features on him, like a half metallic robot and half arcane being or something.
A human being that is half-consumed by magic is another option.
His 'weapon' is a bomb at one hand and the other hand is magical, shooting out bolts of magic

LORE
Beneath the Ironspike Mountains, near to the border between Piltover and Zaun, there once lived a young couple. The young man was a bright techmaturgist from Piltover, and the young woman was a quiet sorceress from Zaun. One day, while the techmaturgist was testing out his inventions near the Ironspike Mountains, he saw the young sorceress practicing magic diligently. They looked at each other for the first time and it was love at first sight. Although they were from rival city-states, it didn’t stop them from meeting each other more and more frequently and marrying each other. They decided to move out from their city-states and moved into the Ironspike Mountains because of Piltover and Zaun’s seemingly hostile rivalry. In there, they built a home for themselves and soon began a life there, relying on resources in the mountains and occasionally from their families.

They soon began a project, known as ‘Cyform’ to create a being, half-techmaturgy and half-magical, so that it would hopefully unify them and turn the hostile rivalry into a somewhat friendly rivalry. However, unknown to the couple, a Zaunite spy found out about the project, and soon all of the Zaunite officials found out about it. A few of the officials found it threatening to Zaun and ordered the couple and the project to be eliminated. Word soon spread to all of Zaun, and the young sorceress’ family soon informed of the couple of their demise and the couple decided to leave. However, before they left they managed to finish their project and through techmaturgical and magical means, turned their creation into a sentient being named Cyform, which supports the young couple’s wishes. And so they left from their little home and went to someplace, nowhere to be found.

Many years later, the couple was nowhere to be seen and their family presumed that they were dead. However, on one night, the being Cyform reappeared at the doors of the League of Legends. Without being asked for entry, the doors swung open in an instant. Since entering the League of Legends, he has supported both Piltover and Zaun, but has always longed for the two city-states to become allies.

STATS
HEALTH: 390 (+80)
HEALTH REGEN: +9 (+1) per 5
MANA: 300 (+45)
MANA REGEN: +7 (+0.5) per 5
RANGE: 500
ATTACK DAMAGE: 40 (+4)
ATK SPEED: 0.625 (+2.2%)
ARMOR: 10 (+4)
MAGIC RESISTANCE: 30 (+0.75)
MOVEMENT SPEED: 325

ABILITIES
Passive: Overcharger
After activating an ability, Cyform will be granted a bonus of 10 + ( [Level - 1] x 5) Attack Damage and Ability Power for 30 seconds.
This bonus will continue to build up an extra (Level x 5) Attack Damage and Ability Power every 10 (affected by CDR, decreases by 1 every 6 levels) seconds. Casting an ability while this bonus is active will consume it, removing the bonus and dealing true damage to enemies equal to the amount of Ability Power gained by this passive. Once the bonus is gone, this innate cannot happen again for 15 seconds.

Q Ability: Piercing Bolt/Explosive Bomb
When used, it will switch to the other ability. Both abilities are skillshots, similar to Lux's Light Binding.

Piercing Bolt: A bolt is fired that damages any enemies it passes through, inflicting 65/95/125/155/185 (+0.4 per AP) magic damage and slowing and silencing any champions it passes through. Each target hit after the first takes 5% reduced damage. This damage reduction caps at 50%.
Explosive Bomb: A bomb is fired that explodes upon hitting a target or reaching at its end of the path. The enemy that is hit receives 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.5 per AD) physical damage and is stunned for 1.5 seconds. Nearby enemies that are caught in the explosion are dealt half the damage and are stunned for 1 second.

Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8
MP Cost: 50/65/80/95/110
Range: 850
Explosion Range (from Radius): 85/100/115/130/145

W Ability: Protective Gadget
Passive: A protective gadget will spawn every 15 seconds, each increasing health and mana regen by 0.5%/1%/1.5%/2%/2.5%. Each time Cyform is hit while having a gadget, the damage is reduced by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% and a gadget will be destroyed.

Active: A gadget with 100/175/250/325/400 HP that lasts for 10 seconds is summoned. Nearby allies gain 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.2 per AD) HP regeneration per 5 seconds, take 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.2 per AP) reduced damage, increased 10/20/30/40/50 movement speed that lasts for 2 seconds. When the gadget is destroyed, nearby allies gain 1%/1.5%/2%/2.5%/3% additional AP and AD for every second it lasted and deals 2/4/6/8/10 (+0.05 AD+AP) true damage for every second it lasted to nearby enemies.

In addition, if Cyform is holding 2 or more gadgets, he can create a wall that blocks any movement by activiating this ability again.

Cooldown: 35
MP Cost: 90/100/110/120/130
Range (for placement): 650
Range of Effect (from Radius): 200

E Ability: Shielding Bomb
A protective rock is placed on an ally for 6 seconds, shielding for 50/100/150/200/250 (+0.4 per AP). When the shield is destroyed or is expired, it explodes. Enemies caught in the explosion are take 50/60/70/80/90 (+0.4 per AD) physical damage and are heavily knocked back. If cast on self, it can be detonated early by activating this ability again.

Cooldown: 24/22/20/18/16
MP Cost: 75/95/115/135/155
Range: 800
Explosion Range (from Radius): 90/100/110/120/130

R Ability (ULTIMATE!!!): Hybrid Bombardment
A powerful bomb and magical bolt combination is shot after 1 second of casting, bombarding the area, dealing 100/200/300 (+0.6 AD) physical damage, 100/200/300 (+0.6 per AP) magic damage and stunning them for 2 seconds. The bombardment leaves the area with an aura, reducing enemy armor and magic resist by 10/30/50, and increasing ally attack damage and ability power by 10/20/30. Can be cast up to 3 times within 10 seconds (goes on 3 second cooldown each cast, reduces by 40% for each cast) before going on cool down, but each consecutive bombardment will reduce aura effects by 50%, reduce duration of stun by 40%, damage by 35% and reduce mana cost by 40%.

For example, if Hybrid Bombardment is at Rank 1 (disregard scaling of AP/AD):
The first hit will deal 100 physical damage, 100 magic damage, stuns for 2 seconds, reduces armor/resist by 10 and increases ally AD/AP by 5, and cost 100 MP
The second hit will deal 65 physical damage, 65 magic damage, stuns for 1.2 seconds, reduces armor/resist by 5 and increases ally AD/AP by 2.5, and cost 60 MP
The third hit will deal 30 physical damage, 30 magic damage, stuns for 0.4 seconds, and will not reduce armor/resist and increase ally AD/AP, and will cost 20 MP

Cooldown: 105/101/97
MP Cost:100/140/180
Range: 1500
Range of Effect (from Radius): 200/300/400

UPDATE NOTES AND OUTRO
14/1/2013 Re-posted this champion in a new thread. Given a title, name and lore.
W has a new innate passive, and each consecutive cast of R has reduced mana cost (planning to be nerfed, but in a hurry)
17/1/2013 Swapped scalings of health regen and damage reduction in W
22/1/2013 Added a new active on W
16/3/2013 Still waiting for replies, reworked Cyform's passive, R's consecutive mana cost and AD/AP bonus increased, E's explosion range increased
6/4/2013 Modified Passive

I think that's it. What do you think? How can I make it more balanced?
Thank you for reading this post and giving some comments about this champion

SushiSummon

01-14-2013

Bumppppp

SushiSummon

01-16-2013

Bump... Lore's a bit derpy, but please, look at the skillset....

SushiSummon

01-16-2013

Bump... No replies yet... Whyyyyyyyyyy

Can someone tell me why I'm getting no replies...?

Kilar

01-16-2013

I can give you a better review later but I like the idea,, a bit confused about the Q but I like the gadgets giving health I think it would be cool if when you set up 2 turrets they create a barrier that blocks attacks from going through for the duration of the turrets. Dont get discouraged about the lack of reviews you have a good amount of views, it takes a while for ppl to write well thought out reviews, until then keep working on the idea and good luck

Woodwardmr

01-16-2013

I agree, the Q is somewhat confusing but I do like the idea. I really thin a good lore would go far and jw where all of your armor and MR reductions flat or percents?

ViceN53

02-27-2013

Wow. That's a good lore. I wonder what happened to the couple. Probably in disguise? Probably started a family? Maybe left the lands of Runeterra for good.

SushiSummon

03-15-2013

Bumppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp arrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh

SushiSummon

03-16-2013

Bump... Who's downvoting my bumps.... At least leave a review...

HeroicLegend

03-17-2013

Heh, long time no see. Happy to see you used the name. Glad it suited ya. Anywho, give me a sec. I'm gonna take a good look at this champ and see if I can offer my hand in helping. As for the bump thing, don't you worry about it. People can be jerks, just ignore it. At best it's just the fact it's bump clutter, people can be childish about it and need to get over it. If it really does bother you, do what I do, bump, wait a day or a few, delete pervious bump, bump again and repeat. No bump clutter, no childish downvotes because of bump, problems solved. ^ ^