I need tips in Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorrayn

01-12-2013

Im level 21, and ive mained support since level 8. But now ive decided to learn a serperate role. (Incase support is called before me)

Im thinking of playing Volibear and Leona jungle as my main.
Can i please have a skill build and jungle rounte for these?

Ive mained support because im bad at last hitting. And now i choose jungle because s3 jungle is apparently a new challenge for people c:

So are there any general tips while jungling? Thanks

NA VanderStriker

01-12-2013

why all the hype about leona jungler?

Gaara8456

01-12-2013

Leona is not a good jungler, she is better as an aggressive support and as far as Voli, I never tried him jungle. Try someone like amumu first.

Blkshroud

01-12-2013

If you already own volibear from what ive seen he can do really good in jungle just because he has his roar to fear the jungle monsters and then his w/bite gives him attack speed increase and a way to do bonus damage to the biggest creep. And if you know you wont need it his ult is nice since it will leap to the others but thats only if you know you wont have a teamfight where itll be needed soon.

Lord Zaros R

01-12-2013

I main jungle ever since S2 and S3 jungling is pretty tough. I suggest you try Amumu because Amumu has aoe abilities such as his w and his e. His ganks are superb, with his stun on enemies will definitely help out the lanes. And for team fights, his Ult is really strong and helps your team stun the enemy within the radius of the ult. Amumu is commonly built tanky but AP Amumu has ridiculous damage but not suggested during the game. Anyways, Jungling in season 3 require AOE ability champs such as amumu, nocturne, warwick, sejuani, mundo, shyvana, etc. And always build Spirit stone for ap jungling champs, or ad jungling champs you should get wriggles lantern

MrRecht

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zaros R View Post
I main jungle ever since S2 and S3 jungling is pretty tough. I suggest you try Amumu because Amumu has aoe abilities such as his w and his e. His ganks are superb, with his stun on enemies will definitely help out the lanes. And for team fights, his Ult is really strong and helps your team stun the enemy within the radius of the ult. Amumu is commonly built tanky but AP Amumu has ridiculous damage but not suggested during the game. Anyways, Jungling in season 3 require AOE ability champs such as amumu, nocturne, warwick, sejuani, mundo, shyvana, etc. And always build Spirit stone for ap jungling champs, or ad jungling champs you should get wriggles lantern
Also as a jungle main, I'll recommend Amumu. He's strong right meow. If you're learning then I'd recommend someone with sustain built in. You're level 21 so you don't have the proper runes yet, which hurts you. Try out Warwick. Fiddlesticks is also a good one. At least you wont die in the jungle.

If you're going to jungle with only the characters that you said, go volibear. Leona jungle isn't good unless you've got experience and the runes. The teamcomp also has to be right for Leona jungle since her dmg is on the low side.

Also disregard this guys advice for the spirit stone. It's a garbage item. Just don't build your machete into anything and skip/sell it. Building more ap, or a philo is a MUCH better option then wasting gold on a spirit stone.

Wriggles is still good though. xD.

MicKretz

01-13-2013

Well, my first attempt at jungle has been season 3 and i picked SHEN. And i def found out that i needed a good rune page/correct masteries and spent lots of time in custom games getting those 2 things figured out for some good clear time and good/best route for me/my playstyle.......and i would do all that without a leash ofc

so as you could guess, i went from dying to blue to now i can make it not losing much hp (5 hp pots mind you) and in a real game with a leash, i end up with extra hp pots left over, great for letting me attempt a lvl 3 or 4 gank b4 i head back to base and buy.

So my advice is pick a champ, and go into custom games or bot games (if u want a real leash use bot) and give it a try (your gonna take a lot of flak if you join a normal/ranked game and tell everyone your gonna try out leona in the jungle for the first time lol)

I think jungle skill build depends more on the task at hand....which is jungling,which is diff then it would be in a normal lane...so keep that in mind, your fighting minions not champs for first 2 lvls.

My shen route is Wolves>Blue>Wraiths>Golems>Red>Gank bot??? or Wraiths>Gank Mid??? or Wolves>Gank Top or Tele back n buy

hope my tiny experience helps, bookmarking this thread cuz i too could use some more advance tips

R1ceMuncher

01-13-2013

I find that ganking is much more effective at low levels, as opposed to lvl 4, because the jungler has a level advantage at extreme early game

e.g. Say you're playing Nocturne. What you would presumably do is take down wolves then golems with your team. At this point, you're lvl 2, while everyone else is lvl 1. This gives you immense advantage and you should be able to force out a flash at worst. At level 4, however, everyone is the same level, and they will have unlocked most of their kit, so would have many ways of escaping

FrazzledMelon

01-13-2013

Quote:
I find that ganking is much more effective at low levels, as opposed to lvl 4, because the jungler has a level advantage at extreme early game
Keeping in mind that you are [21], lack of runes and masteries will be a factor, as will the fact that you can't always get your team mates to leash for you. Not every champ will work with the same route (or at all at 21) due to these factors. And you also can't necessarily use the routes you find in guides. MicRetz has it right - you need to playt around with a given champ in Custom to see what works.

As an example, I have found that Maokai works quite well if you go Wraiths, Red (no smite), Blue (Smite) and then gank top. You will be lvl 3 ahead of them at this point, with two buffs. With [21] runes and masteries, and no leash, you will be a little under half health when you gank - not ideal. With a leash on Red it's obviously better.

If you already own Voli, just start experimenting.

MicKretz

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ceMuncher View Post

e.g. Say you're playing Nocturne. What you would presumably do is take down wolves then golems with your team. At this point, you're lvl 2, while everyone else is lvl 1. This gives you immense advantage and you should be able to force out a flash at worst. At level 4, however, everyone is the same level, and they will have unlocked most of their kit, so would have many ways of escaping

Nice Idea...think i should do this with my shen too?