Twin Shadows idea

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlasherBag

01-17-2013

While its great to address issues about stopping caps with not so pokey champs, adding items like this can just make lulu-esque ones that much more abusive. It doesn't matter if the design is intended for bot, for champs with low range, etc. Delaying is the name of the game here, and champs like lulu don't need to get garrison+long range spells+an item that stops caps (along with the rest of her kit and other poke strong kits) to effectively hold for 3-5 more seconds.

konfetarius

01-17-2013

Quote:
Right, I'm mainly worried about the potential stagnation it can cause. It seems insanely strong to be able to break a cap from off-screen in the fog.
Considering how much more powerful it is if it hits someone in jungle, that's not really a problem.

Duelpower

01-17-2013

First off, thanks Nome for taking the time to consider this.

The idea came to me when I was playing akali last week. We had just won a big fight at windmill sometime middle to late game. I was sitting at about a third health and ran up to grab the hp pack since 2 people had revived and my team recalled. They showed up and started capping shortly after.

I had a twin shadows in my inventory (playing about with it lately) and thought "man I wish this would interrupt their cap so I don't have to die for it". It didn't do anything though so I had to run up and die in order to interrupt.

It is only mildly controllable too (the ghosts are). If you are standing within screen range of someone capping they will likely hit the people in your vision. If you try to fire them off in the jungle there is a good chance they won't ever hit your intended target. This is based off of observations using twin shadows on most of my AP champions.

kirillian

01-18-2013

I don't want to detract from the idea of using something like Twin Shadows in a creative way...I've always WANTED them to do this since I saw the item on the PBE notes, but I just wanted to point out its potential abuses so that maybe we can get something a little more appropriate perhaps? I think for your use-case DuelPower, an item with a less abusable range perhaps could serve in its stead? THAT I would like to see...I think the lolwiki estimate on Twin Shadows was a range of about 2700 which is almost as long as Lux's 3000 ult range...I don't mind that Lux has the range she has because its on her ult which is an important part of her damage combo and its a line skillshot...so it has a little less abuse potential than a seeking item which isn't an integral part of a damage combo...though it does have a somewhat mitigating factor of taking potential damage/tankiness from a champ...since it has other VERY powerful uses in revealing champs in fog of war, it might not be as mitigating as perceived.

Nerdock

08-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMENOMENOMENOME View Post
Right, I'm mainly worried about the potential stagnation it can cause. It seems insanely strong to be able to break a cap from off-screen in the fog.
But the continuing SR range for invisible Nidalee spears doesn't seem to be a problem.

DG Denz Brujah

08-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdock View Post
But the continuing SR range for invisible Nidalee spears doesn't seem to be a problem.
Sorry Nome but you walked into that one ... Or perhaps you didn't see it coming from out of nowhere

ZallKlos

08-07-2013

What would happen if Nidalee has Twin Shadows?

naotasan

08-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMENOMENOMENOME View Post

It's definitely a very cool idea though. More thoughts? If it's something everyone wants to see in a balanced form (less range, etc), we can make a Dominion version.

Range of Amumu Ult

Koravel

08-07-2013

But you would have to make it so that it only affects a person once every 30 seconds or something. If it could interrupt cap, what if literally everyone got one?

Would make it near impossible to cap points without any risk to the people interrupting the cap. It would be like everyone had Nid's capacity to interrupt captures. I don't think I would want this in-game. Just shorten the CD on the active.

Reikken

08-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Range of Amumu Ult
item is now useless

Also I think the ghosts are too easy to avoid. With the existence of speed shrines that they aren't affected by. Most of the time I see the ghosts coming at me, they never reach me even if I'm playing someone like Annie.