Twin Shadows idea

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlothCrusade

01-17-2013

I approve.

kirillian

01-17-2013

Hmm...I kinda like the idea, but the problem is that the range of the ghosts is too large compared to the range of any other ability in the game...they have a range about equal to Lux's ultimate. Without an AD equivalent, it gives a set of champs a huge advantage to preventing caps from incredible range...I LOVE this mechanic, but I feel it needs a more universal application before it could be balanced.

George W Nome

Game Designer

01-17-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Right, I'm mainly worried about the potential stagnation it can cause. It seems insanely strong to be able to break a cap from off-screen in the fog.

It's definitely a very cool idea though. More thoughts? If it's something everyone wants to see in a balanced form (less range, etc), we can make a Dominion version.

Super Explosion

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Right, I'm mainly worried about the potential stagnation it can cause. It seems insanely strong to be able to break a cap from off-screen in the fog.

It's definitely a very cool idea though. More thoughts? If it's something everyone wants to see in a balanced form (less range, etc), we can make a Dominion version.
Well, Twin Shadows has a pretty huge cooldown.

Additionally, building it at all does sacrifice a good bit of damage in favor of utility.

So I'd say test it internally.

Edit: A more globally buildable Dominion-specific variant could be comprised of defensive stats, and potentially movespeed-- since as an AP item, only a somewhat small subset of champions will really benefit from it at the moment. (And APs tend to already have some form of poke.)

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Would it make poke more pokey? Wouldn't Lux or Ziggs or similar champions suddenly be able to delay a cap even longer? What about someone with less poke like Kassadin whom can suddenly delay a cap without risking himself?

I like the idea but I'm not sure it'll stay in the hands of champions that need it. Which champions would it be intended on anyway?

Maybe if it's a new item it could be a ghost that goes for the nearest points and delays the channel speed? As if it was a lane minion? Doesn't force an opponent to waste time recasting the channel.

grifbomber

01-17-2013

Quote:

there's alot of abilities that break a cap off-screen in the fog.

a nidalee spear.
karthus ult.

i like this idea. it would be necessary for at least 1 person to get twin shadows almost. or if 1 did and the other team didn't your team would have the advantage.

FOODFOOD

01-17-2013

I think this idea will help more people than it'll hurt. I'm thinking people like Veigar or Viktor that have some issues. It's definitely not an optimal item though on AP champs.

BuddyBoombox

01-17-2013

i like the idea of a dominion based version, preferably something that doesn't build from kage's as the GP10 stuff has a distinct disadvantage in the shorter dominion games. It would allow some short ranged pushers to hold against some of the ranged champs bot. Adds more counter play, counter play is good!

Perhaps making it a targeted affect on a health based item? HP is used by everyone!

Youso1337

01-17-2013

Quote:

Basically, Super Explosion took the words right out of my mouth. I'll defer to him.

Super Explosion

01-17-2013

So a potential Udyr-friendly item might be something like:

300 Health
40 Armor
40 MR
6% Movespeed

90 second CD active: Fires a beam at each capturing champion within a certain radius interrupting their capture and revealing them.

Edit: Or fires a beam at all nearby enemy champions, interrupting captures (1 True damage perhaps, old Zilean style) and revealing them, for extra usefulness.

There are other ways of doing it, potentially more entertaining-- like spawning a specter that is killable by the enemy team, so you can protect capturers.

If it's a particularly desirable effect, many different iterations could be tested.

There's also the option of migrating Garrison into an item, similar to the Promote banner on SR.

(Reverse Ohmwrecker for Dominion? But really, such things could likely use 'funness' tests. )