Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gorath, The Isle Shade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoenixGan

01-12-2013

Hey summoners, this is my first champ concept and I think he's pretty freaking cool, I definitely need some help with all the scaling and ratios and what not, but any constructive criticism is most wanted. Lore will be up at a later date. Thank you all for looking at this ^_^ UPDATE: He's coming together quite nicely If anyone would like to help with art, I would be very grateful!

Gorath
The Isle Shade

Many a mystery has been weaved about the Shadow Isles, from myths of a giant spider god, to tales of an ancient dragon. But none more prevalent, than the living shadow, the legend of the Shade.

Role:
Assassin, Mage, Energy, Burst

Appearance: 6 ft, sleek black hair, scars across his face, wears a tattered black cloak with red trimming, and his family emblem etched in purple. Wields a Pugio in his right hand in Human form, and as a Shade the blade doubles in length, and is turned into a shadow spike that replaces everything from his right elbow, down. Shade, tendrils wisp off of him, and he appears partially spectral, but mostly reds, blacks, and purples for both forms.

Abilities:

592290 Passive: Shadow Master

As a living embodiment of shadow, Gorath uses Shadows as his resource. Gorath's immense control of Shadows allows him to summon Writhing Tendrils, that are attached to him. He can spawn (3/5/7) tendrils at a time. 2 tendrils are spawned for every enemy champion kill, 1 for every assist, and there is a 15% chance a minion/monster will spawn a tendril. These tendrils strike out against enemy champions every time Gorath attacks or uses an ability, lowering your tendril count by one, causes (10/17/24)(+.1/AP) extra magic damage, and applies a stack of Shadow Fire, burning an enemy for 1%(+.1/AP) of their current HP over (4/4/4s), Stackable up to 5 times, and adding a stack refreshes the duration. Ranks up as your ultimate does. Consumed on use.

Q: Shadow Blast/Impaling Shadow (Single Target)

592308 Shadow Blast: Gorath uses his shadows to strike out at an enemy, launching an orb of shadow at an enemy, doing (50/100/150/200/250) (+0.7/AP) magic damage to an enemy. If an enemy is killed with this ability, Gorath is refunded 15 Shadow Power.

592305 Impaling Shadow: While in Shade Form, Gorath uses his shadow blade to strike out at an enemy, leaping to them and damaging them for 70/95/125/155/190 (+.5/AD) physical damage

CD: (9/8.5/8/7.5/7s)
Cost:35 Shadows
Range: 600/185

W: Tainted Spirit/Ghastly Apparition (Self Buff)

592311 Tainted Spirit: Passive: Gorath gains (5/10/13/20/25%) Shadow regen in both forms.

Active: Gorath calls upon dark powers to enhance his abilities. He gains (15/30/45/60/75) (+.3 AD) Bonus AP, (1/2/3/4/5%) SpellVamp, and (2/6/10/14/18%) move speed.

592306 Ghastly Apparition: Passive: Gorath gains (10/15/20/25/30%) Attack Speed in Shade form.

Active: Gorath gains (15/25/35/45/55) (+.6 AD) bonus AP and (5/10/15/20/25%) bonus LifeSteal, and (5/10/15/20/25) bonus Armor and MR.

CD:(20/19/17.5/16/14)
Cost: 85 Shadows

E: Twisted Horror/Shadowmeld CC, Skillshot/Stealth

592309 Twisted Horror: Gorath shoots shadows straight through all enemies in a line, fearing the first enemy champion hit for (.75/1/1.25/1.75/2) seconds, and dealing (70/90/110/130/150) (+.6 AP) magical damage.

Shadow Meld : Gorath becomes one with the shadows, stealthing for (4/5/6/7/8s). Upon re-emerging, he does increased damage (5/8/10/15/20%) for his next ability, increases the damage of Shadow Fire by (2/3/4/5/6%) and increases the duration of each stack of Shadowfire by 2/2/2/2/2 sec.

CD:(10/9.5/8/6.5/5)
Cost: 40 Shadows
Range: 575(in a line)/self-target

592315 R: The Power of the Shade

Gorath transforms into the all powerful shade, giving massive AP(85/105/125) and AD(25/50/75), and access to a new skillset, and gains permanent full summons of Writhing Tendrils for the duration (10/16/24s) of his transformation. (Tendrils automatically respawn after consuming)

CD: (185/135/100)
Cost:None

Essentially, his human form is a serious AP monster, and his Shade form is the more AD bruiser/assassin (depending on your build) role.

Base Stats
HP: 430 (+78)
HP REGEN: 5.95 (+0.5)
SHADOW POWER: 200
SP REGEN: 50
RANGE Human/Shade: 525/125
AD: 49.5 (+2.65)
ARMOR:15 (+3)
MR: 30 (+1.25)
MOVE SPEED: 340

Lore
Many a mystery surrounds the Shadow Isles. But the mystery of the one Shade, Gorath, is one of the least known about, but widely spread myths of Runterra. Mainly used to keep little children in bet at night, but this tale is much more real than a mere bedtime scare.

Gorath was a kid, who was under no circumstances in a bad position in life. His family was one of the wealthier of Demacia, so he'd lived in extravagance for as long as he could remember. Meaning that, when his parents told him that they were taking an "exotic" vacation to the mysterious Shadow Isles, it meant nothing to little Gorath.

Oh how little did he know.

Upon arrival, Gorath and his parents went to live in a rather nice estate that they had built, just for them. As their caravan was passing through the forest between the docks and the estate, Gorath garnered an incredible sense of doom, that he could not shake. He kept hearing whispers in his head, "They're going to die, all of them. The world shall burrrn." Of course, being the child he was, Gorath was petrified, and upon telling his parents (who played it off as an overactive imagination) he began looking around the dense forest. He could see twisted figures, malevolent shadows, writhing their way through the tree line, snickering at his impending demise. He stared in wide eye horror, as he saw that the shadows were spiders, easily the size of a Yordle. Then he noticed the webs.

A small cave laid just ahead, very faint skittering noises emanating from it. Gorath knew he was going to die, but he pulled out his small dagger that his idol, Jarvan IV had given him. The caravan abruptly stopped, with their "tour guide", who was a beautiful woman, that commanded power stepping off, and his parents following suite. Gorath knew he had no other choice but to follow. Stepping off of the cart, with heavy plods of his feet through the mud, he caught the eye of the stunning woman. He stopped dead in his tracks. They were evil, and cold, but there was something else in them, something he couldn't decipher. She said, with a voice as smooth as silk, "You're the one, the one they keep telling me about. You have some spirit, but how does the prospect of unlimited power sound?" With a hellish smile, she transformed before my eyes, into a spider, as big as the cart. Then, she lunged.

Gorath awoke with a start. That nightmare had haunted him since that day, but that woman, who later revealed herself to be the Spider Queen, Elise, was entirely correct, he stepped off of the cot, and looked into the mirror, his smile mimicked by the apparition that appeared in the mirror. Under the direction of Elise, he had immense powers, and he was joining the League of Legends today, to show the power that the shadows can hold.

"Darkness is nothing to be afraid of, its the shadows that kill" -Gorath, The Isle Shade

Art
I can't do anything with art, anyone interested want to help? xD

Quotes

Selection: Be afraid of the shadows, summoner.

Attack:
Human
They won't see this coming
The shadows are calling
They must die
The shadows will strike them down
Shade
They will know POWER
My shadows are hungry
Die with me

Taunt:
Human
Darkness is nothing to be afraid of,(burst of shadow energy) it's the shadows that kill!

Shade
Die....and join my shadows!

Joke:
Human
One downside of being a dark spirit, horrible morning breath!

Shade
These tendrils always get in the way! DOWN BOYS!

ART
Looking for offers ^_^

Void22

01-12-2013

Seems interesting.

Passive:This either needs to be improved or reworked because as it is it's virtually useless.

Q:Seems fine, a good bread and butter ability.
W:The boost is fine but for shade form I would either increase the flat armor or make it a percentage because you can't really do much with ten armor,
E:A fair CC no complaints there.
R:A transform ability. Really nothing to say.

All in all he seems like he could be a fair mage or assassin, though you might need to tinker some more. Also if you could take a look at my champion and tell me what you think? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2827962

PhoenixGan

01-12-2013

Yeah, I feel his passive could use something more, I don't what know at this point, but thank you for the criticism, and for helping Gorath become the deadly Shadow he wants to be!

And about the buff, I was using them as a placeholder really, would 30 max be too much? or decent, in relation to everything else?

PhoenixGan

01-12-2013

Change Log

11:40 1/12/13 Reworked Passive to better fit his roles

11:40 1/12/13 Changed W to (5/10/15/20/25)(+10 for every 100 AP and for every 50 AD) Armor and MR from (2/4/6/8/10)

12:48 1/13/13 Updated Lore, woo

1:07 1/13/13 Updated appearance, hopefully going to get an art savvy person to help with art on abilities and character.

4:13 1/14/13 Scrapped E, stealth caster....ehm

10:06 1/14/13 Reworked passive, adjusted some AD rates, and toned down AP rates, to balance with new passive and E

PhoenixGan

01-12-2013

Boop

PhoenixGan

01-12-2013

47 views and only one reply? Come on people!

PhoenixGan

01-12-2013

61 now anyone want to tell me how bad it is? anyone??

PhoenixGan

01-13-2013

101! Please criticize!?

PhoenixGan

01-13-2013

120 :'(

PhoenixGan

01-13-2013

Shameless self-bumping! 128