How many people read the lore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ATF Bonus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

I do all the time. I read the lore, the old journal of justice, and I think of the opportunity that LoL has to expand on its world. Video games such as Halo, Gears of War, and Warcraft have series of books that are used to give back story, and a better understanding of the characters and universe in each. Would you like to see something like this for League of Legends?

Borkcire

01-13-2013

I would love to see something like this, but I understand that it wouldn't work unless all the stories are prequels, and even then we all know how they would end up.

The status quo can't be changed because Champions can't be removed from the game, so any sense of danger or urgency the stories would have is minimized.

Actually, the only way they'd work would be through worldbuilding, and not the characters.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

I read the lore whenever new lore comes out. There hasn't been too much as of late though.

Birdy51

01-13-2013

I admit to being a bit of a Lore nerd.

I try to keep myself up to date when possible, and I've read through all the JoJs/ Judgements at least once.

Deadpan Snarker

01-13-2013

I'm that type of guy who actually reads storylines in games.

Ssooooooo yeah.

TheNarvalOfDeath

01-13-2013

I used to read it, all of it always going deeper. I even created some stuff (Fan fictions, i pararllel JoJ of my own) that i posted here, that was how much i was into it. Now i usually dont pay much atentio to be honest. Only sometimes read the newest champions bios or the AMA, i almost dont visit this forum any more (i used to participate a lot)

Anyway, it was still fun times so no rage, at least i was here to see the gold age of Lore

Phoe Dragon

01-13-2013

I enjoyed the Journal of Justice and all those lore bits. I am a sucker when I come across people who have lore conflicts/teams. Like, if one team has Garen and another has Darius I always smile. But I miss those days of the JoJ. I do keep up on the lore of my favorite champions. When I get a new one I like reading the lore and discovering something new about them that makes a bit more sense.

TheMeta88

01-13-2013

Actually League books sound really cool.

KazuShini

01-13-2013

I read as much as I can. Making some champions of my own that hopes to stay accurate with events throughout the LoL universe.

Helmight

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkcire View Post
I would love to see something like this, but I understand that it wouldn't work unless all the stories are prequels, and even then we all know how they would end up.

The status quo can't be changed because Champions can't be removed from the game, so any sense of danger or urgency the stories would have is minimized.

Actually, the only way they'd work would be through worldbuilding, and not the characters.
You can't remove champions from the game, but most other videogame authors sugger from similar constraints in their books and manage to do just fine. Karen Traviss, author of the Gears of War series, managed to write amazingly compelling stories without the need to kill off Marcus Fenix or any of his buddies. It IS a lot of worldbuilding, yes, but there is room for character development by showing what they're going through, whether that's battles on the Fields of Justice or pre-League activities.