The Universal FON Lovers Forum (also dedicated MR)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

grimphoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Hello,
I am writing this because I know that there are a ton of people who want another dedicated tank MR item back, all the ones we have right now can not be built on full tanks, or are mixed with useless stats, I am proposing to turn this thread into a petition to bring backan item for the full tanks out there who want MR without unused damage stats and useless secondary abilities, please post your support here, if you have already posted a thread please link it, and I will update the supported post count with all of the posters in your thread.

Here are some of the current MR items and why they do not work.

Bulwark, supports buy this item, not tanks, buying it on a tank if you have a support is a waste of a slot which could be used for an item with team beneficial stats or additional MR should one be available.

Banshees, most of this effect is in the spell shield, as a full tank you need more health, mana, and MR than this item can give you, it is for squishes with carry problems, not tanks.

Visiage, this item is best used on swain, ww, fiddle, and vlad, champions with little to no benefit from HP regen can not use this item effectively, ergo, most tanks.

Maw, abyssal, and wits end have the same problem, they are for damage, this gives them inferior defense stats.

Best possible stats on this item.
MR (obviously)
Move speed (engagements and interceptions are much easier and more fun when you can get to them in the first place)

Secondary stats and ability ideas.
Percentage based magic damage reduction.
Flat magic damage reduction off of each spell.
Delay damage taken (eg, instead of being bursted, all magic damage would be absorbed and delt to the user as a DOT over 5-10 seconds)
Damage dealt to attacker on hot (not dependent on how much they do to you probably)
Speed boost when taking damage

Feel free to post other ideas.

Current Supporting Post Count: 1

to all those who are tired of building abyssal and maw on champions without scalings, HUZZA! we will not give up!

P.S.
Please find another post to voice anti MR concerns, you are not wanted here, message me on league and I can suggest a couple threads to post your hate.

KayFishandChips

01-12-2013

I will join your cause. I keep looking for it in shop QQ

Yuan Shikai

01-13-2013

Runic Bulwark

/thread

Autocthon

01-13-2013

The new dedicated MR item is runic bulwark. AND it's a great early item too.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

FoN was explicitly overpowered, according to Riot. Obviously, its removal is going to be felt because it was considered the best dedicated MR item (because, again, it was too strong).

Runic Bulwark gives almost as much MR and is much more beneficial to your team.

ROOOOOAST

01-13-2013

Why are u crying the lost of fon, right there i see 3mr item i would build on tank not counting merc) bulwar, banshee, spirit visage. All of them are viable on tanks, just depend on wich champ ur playing.

H0p0nP0p

01-13-2013

Runic bulwark is all u need. If 2 ppl got it and r close enuf for auras to touch, they both hav a total of +90 resist already!

30 from stat, 30 from weilder aura, 30 from one single ally's bulwark aura.

Btw, bulwark + ice born gauntlet = armor, resist, hp, hp regen, mana, 15% cdr, spell sword, AP, and slow!

What more do u want????? Movespeed for hecarim? Grow up and go qq elsewhere for ms buff for hecarim

EDIT:
Thx Autocthon.

Autocthon gave a good explanation of what i am trying to discuss here. He's 2 posts below this one.

Loligrabber

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p0nP0p View Post
Runic bulwark is all u need. If 2 ppl got it and r close enuf for auras to touch, they both hav a total of +90 resist already!

30 from stat, 30 from weilder aura, 30 from one single ally's bulwark aura.

Btw, bulwark + ice born gauntlet = armor, resist, hp, hp regen, mana, 15% cdr, spell sword, AP, and slow!

What more do u want????? Movespeed for hecarim? Grow up and go qq elsewhere for ms buff for hecarim
Pretty sure the auras don't stack, though i may be wrong.

Autocthon

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loligrabber View Post
Pretty sure the auras don't stack, though i may be wrong.
The aura is two separate buffs.

The first buff is the "anchor" this is applied to the holder of the item. It applies the statistical effects of the aura and activates the aura field.

The second is a "flag" applied to any champion standing in the aura field, which applied the statistical effects of the aura to the flagged unit.

A champion can have both the "anchor" and the "flag", effectively receiving twice the benefit from the aura. Easily shown in game just by standing two aura holders next to each other.

Technician Tim

01-14-2013

YES i agree, you can still get thornmail, frozen heart, and raudlins to counter tons of AD, but theres no full MR, or even MR and HP only items, i would like to see, NOT FoN back, but a new item made, possibly from giant belt and negatron, flat hp and flat MR

i support you sir, haters wanna hate