Abuse of the reporting system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado Dave View Post
Shiister, I take it by this response you believe that something in my language was inappropriate, mind quoting please?
some stuff which LittleDi's posted is some of the stuff which caught my attention.

PoinTBlanK86

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
yes i'm sure you are, you're simply one of those loser ****s that gets off pressing punish on all the cases in order to get back at the world, prolly molested by daddy and bullied in school
Dude, Shiister is the biggest bigot on these forums. I really wish there was a way we could report him. These forums are his harassment playground where he thinks he can actually get away with saying and doing whatever he wants to others.

Isn't that sad? We've got people actually trying to play the game and win, and when the chat clearly shows that they're trying to get a person to help that isn't, or are getting on someone who is ruining the game, and they end up getting punished....this Shiister ****** comes in and tries to harass them himself since he knows he can get away on it in these forums. LOL Quality community right there. Teach me how to be a bigot so I don't get banned in game when I try to tell a teammate harassing me to shut up, or ask one to help that isn't....and then come to these forums and harass and be a ****** that feels like he has power in my extra time. YOU ARE MY IDOL.

PoinTBlanK86

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
some stuff which LittleDi's posted is some of the stuff which caught my attention.
He won't quote, because you didn't say anything bad. You didn't even cuss.

Filthy Meadows

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post
Dude, Shiister is the biggest bigot on these forums. I really wish there was a way we could report him. These forums are his harassment playground where he thinks he can actually get away with saying and doing whatever he wants to others.

Isn't that sad? We've got people actually trying to play the game and win, and when the chat clearly shows that they're trying to get a person to help that isn't, or are getting on someone who is ruining the game, and they end up getting punished....this Shiister ****** comes in and tries to harass them himself since he knows he can get away on it in these forums. LOL Quality community right there. Teach me how to be a bigot so I don't get banned in game when I try to tell a teammate harassing me to shut up, or ask one to help that isn't....and then come to these forums and harass and be a ****** that feels like he has power in my extra time. YOU ARE MY IDOL.
no worries, i'm in my last year of college and i have more time to keep this microbe in his place

LittleDi

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
my behavior shows i get what i want whether it's because i earn it, or i make myself earn it, my education costs alone were more than you'd see your entire life, and i paid for every cent of it with the money i earned from hard work and dedication
Challenge accepted. I make 20k per year easily. I have been working for 20 years. Did your education cost you 400k? Because it doesn't show you have any wisdom from it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post

You can report me here.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

I don't care to play nice nice with people such as Filthy or others who are here to complain about Tribunal and have a discussion relying on biased assumptions.

If you going to side with someone who said they would take pleasure in someone else death on a forums, then that shows how much scum you are and how rightful your ban was.

Filthy Meadows

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Challenge accepted. I make 20k per year easily. I have been working for 20 years. Did your education cost you 400k? Because it doesn't show you have any wisdom from it.
for one you weren't making 20k for 20 years, if you were i pity you for being at such a crappy job that after 20 years you haven't gotten a raise, so my suspicions are that either you're lying, or you're lying, in which case both are true

170 Calories

01-12-2013

Well I would have pardoned, however you cant use the report function as a stick to get people to do things your way.

Filthy Meadows

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170 Calories View Post
Well I would have pardoned, however you cant use the report function as a stick to get people to do things your way.
this is a better explanation

although i believe if you tell someone you're going to report them, shouldnt be banned for, if you go through with it

KimKelley

01-12-2013

Hello Dave <HAL voice>

Before I go on to discuss the specific case, I think you have some valid points.

It would be nice if there was a more temporal correlation between the reported games and the punishments doled out. However, I believe the reason this is not so is for a couple reasons: 1. People might not play often yet still be toxic, 2. The process of the Tribunal likely takes a little time, and 3. More intense punishments require support to actually review the case.

I think the desire to have a more explicit code is understandable. However, Riot has specifically made the code somewhat vague so that community can make its own determinations as to toxicity/poor behavior. That said, the reasoning behind the code has been explicitly stated by Riot employees as "Don't be a Jerk".

As to the specific case, here is my analysis. I have a 90% accuracy rating when I follow what I believe to be the will of the community of a whole (goes down to 85% or less when I follow my own inclination). I want to make clear that I am trying to explain why people would push punish. The punish vote may or may not be valid, but you cannot, at this point, afford to care whether the Tribunal is valid (unless you do not care about permabans) because these are going to be the same people that might vote next time. You might also consider that, at this point, you just want to avoid getting reported. Your chance of getting punished is very high once a Tribunal case is created.

Game 1:
The giving up can be considered assisting the enemy team. Specifically "well im going to just charge down mid now" probably garnered a number of instapunish votes because it definitely looks like intentionally feeding (even if you didn't do so, saying you are going to do so is a bad idea). Calling for other people to be reported is seen by many as negative behavior. If you think someone needs a report, just report them. Don't make a big production about it, don't tell people they're getting reported.

Game 2:
"Malzahar [00:16:13] hes so much better than kayle with the wards and ****
Malzahar [00:16:24] hes clearing them with oracles"

If I were in this situation, I'd say "The wards are being cleared by XXX person because they have oracles. Do you have the cash to get an Oracle"? Or, if pressed for time "Wards taken down by guy with oracle. Don't want to waste money. Sorry".

The point is that you shouldn't turn things into a personal attack.
Other examples:
"dude this ez is throwing intentionally"
He wasn't playing the way you wanted him too. It happens. Don't say that people are throwing intentionally. Calling people Useless is insulting. It may be true. Still not a good idea to say it. I think many people are abject morons, I refrain from saying it to them in game or in real life.

Also notice that you called for other people to report EZ. I really would avoid this were I you.

Game 3:
Talking about the Diana to the enemy team. Irelia was a jerk and I dearly hope she gets what is coming to her, but you cant afford to respond to jerks. You definitely can't afford to say "and that was dumb as hell irelia". Not really a game where the punish vote came from.

Game 4.

Calling Xerath bad. Just avoid saying anything about your teammates that is negative. The "Xerath STFU" probably hurt you because it appeared to come out of no where. Even so, a simple "please stop pinging" and then muting him when he doesn't stop (without saying so in chat/making a production out of it) would have been better here.

Conclusion: I have explained the reasons you were likely reported, which you should avoid like the plague in the future because it's likely you're close to a permaban if this was a 2-week ban. However, I would guess that the two games that hurt you the most were game one (the comment implying the intention to intentionally feed) and Game 3 (calling someone "Useless").

TLDR Things to avoid:
1.Talking about your team in a negative fashion to the other team or talking about the other team in a negative fashion in all chat.
2. Saying that the game is over/implying that you are going to feed or play poorly.
3. Telling someone they are muted or asking for them to be reported.
4. Saying anything to your teammate that questions their skill, intention to win, or is insulting. Even if they deserve it.
5. Responding to jerks for any reason.

I hope you find my analysis useful. Good Luck!