Abuse of the reporting system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desperado Dave

01-12-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5930069/#nogo

Upon completing a ranked game I come to find my account has been suspended for 2 weeks. After inquiry I receive a response providing me the "report card" above. Can anyone explain or justify this ban I have got? After reviewing the summoners code and links from Lyte, the closest thing I can see I may be banned for was a "negative attitude" by asking to report other players that were going AFK at the base during numerous games. I ask the support what the specific reason for the ban was and requested specification if it was for me asking others to report AFK players and my response from support was as follows.

" Greetings Summoner,
We have already explained the context for the action taken against your account and given you the tools to prevent it from reoccurring in the future.

We will not be reversing this decision and consider this matter closed. If you still do not agree or understand the context of this action feel free to discuss this decision on our Tribunal forums listed below."

The explanation I got gave no decisive information on what I had done to break the summoners code, hence I have no "tools to prevent" future bans. This Tribunal review was from nearly 6 months ago yet I got a 2 week ban from it. It seems clear the tribunal reporting and response system needs a decisive way to target players that are consistently causing toxic behavior. Implementing the honor system to help in factoring other players out would seem a logical way to help filter the unjust reports as there is a much larger number of players that have honored me as honorable opponents, helpful, or friendly on the fields of justice than falsely reported me.

The last time I was suspended it was for "false reporting" before the report card system was implemented so I was unable to find out how I was "false reporting" players. Given that the players I report are consistently cursing out the team, spamming the chat and pinging system, or simply going out of their way to make a negative gaming experience for others (intentional feeding) (5 sets of boots or pots builds), I find it now more discouraging to use the reporting system for fear that I will be punished for "false reporting".

I request that there is an implementation of the reasoning code for suspensions and an amount of games time frame for positive games for the suspension aggro to fall back down to a warning as I have not 1 time received a warning. Providing a link to the summoners code is not providing players with the tools to fix their game play when in 2 of my bans now I have no details of what I have done to deserve a 2 week suspension and no warning prior. A positive game to player ratio would help to distinguish which players deserve a warning or suspension rather than being banned from one or 2 games where duo or trio queue players group up to report you to secure an unjustified ban.

Please consider my request as i show other threads with similar concerns.
Thank you for your time.
Desperadodave

LittleDi

01-12-2013

Nasus [All] [00:12:26] GO AND WIN
Nasus [All] [00:12:31] STO PWASTING MY TIME
Throwing the game at 12 minutes?

Nasus [00:18:07] Enjoy the ban alistar

Game 2:
Malzahar [00:41:12] DUDE PAY ATTENTION
Malzahar [00:41:15] YOU ARE AT THE BASE AGAIN
Malzahar [00:41:17] USELESS
Wow... what an ******* you are...

Game 3:
Skarner [00:26:31] and that was dumb as hell irelia

Game 4:
Cassiopeia [00:15:07] you are not muted and being reported for harassment
Cassiopeia [00:15:19] now muted*

What did he say to get muted and reported for harassment?
Xerath [00:14:19] get out of my mid lane

Really... you don't see a problem with your language at all now do you?

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

From your reports, I would of ban you. You are a jerk.

You use reporting as a revenge tool.

If someone isn't doing well, report
If someone don't do what you want, report

In case 4, you was arguing with Xerath and verbally abusing him.

In case 1, stats and chat shows no sign that Alistar was AFKing and was trying to get him reported for playing badly. That's report harassment and false reporting. Ironic thing is you the one getting banned.

Quote:
Nasus [00:18:07] Enjoy the ban alistar
In case 2, you threatening to report Ez for not defending a tower, sorry but that's dumb. If there are 3+ enemies going for a turret I'm not going to defend it and is going to let it die. I'm sure Ez had good reason for not defending. You was also harassing him.

Case 3, you was a little negative towards Irelia

Desperado Dave

01-12-2013

Throwing the game at 12 minutes, yes when they are not assisting lanes and afking because of 1 afk player. Game 2 was afked at the base numerous times for elongated periods of time Game 4 spam pinging the entire team continually to the point of needing muted. And as of using reporting as a revenge tool, when players afk they should be reported, call it revenge if you like.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado Dave View Post
Throwing the game at 12 minutes, yes when they are not assisting lanes and afking because of 1 afk player. Game 2 was afked at the base numerous times for elongated periods of time Game 4 spam pinging the entire team continually to the point of needing muted. And as of using reporting as a revenge tool, when players afk they should be reported, call it revenge if you like.
Yet, what about your language, that was also a reason some people might of punish.

Desperado Dave

01-12-2013

Language meaning calling someone useless for afking at the nexus? Or stating that the comments xerath was making were ignorant? I stated that was dumb as hell irelia in relation to her stating "you guys never f**king fight" and "well if thats how it is did u look at this skarners startign items the ****". It would seem my language is mild at worst compared to the cross chat she was sending.

Shiister

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado Dave View Post
Language meaning calling someone useless for afking at the nexus? Or stating that the comments xerath was making were ignorant? I stated that was dumb as hell irelia in relation to her stating "you guys never f**king fight" and "well if thats how it is did u look at this skarners startign items the ****". It would seem my language is mild at worst compared to the cross chat she was sending.
Men don't make excuses. They reflect on what they did wrong and improve to make sure it never happen.

Filthy Meadows

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Men don't make excuses. They reflect on what they did wrong and improve to make sure it never happen.
and if the OP is a female? seriously shut the **** up ******maggot

Shiister

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
and if the OP is a female? seriously shut the **** up ******maggot
Female named Dave? Okay, make sense. Keep trollin buddy, I'm loling so hard.

Filthy Meadows

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Female named Dave? Okay, make sense. Keep trollin buddy, I'm loling so hard.
yes i'm sure you are, you're simply one of those loser ****s that gets off pressing punish on all the cases in order to get back at the world, prolly molested by daddy and bullied in school