My ping is making me go insane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

someonesAzn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

same with me since you guys started patching in Season 3 its slowy started to happen

MisterSparkle

01-26-2013

Did you guys uninstall Pando Media Booster? It's a torrent client for uploading LoL to other players and isn't required for the game to run.

Kage027

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSparkle View Post
Did you guys uninstall Pando Media Booster? It's a torrent client for uploading LoL to other players and isn't required for the game to run.
Yes, like a month after i installed league a few years ago.

Kage027

01-27-2013

Bump, Can i get some more help plz??

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-28-2013

Quote:
Two days ago my ping was fricken beautiful, all day. Morning, afternoon, and night. Constant 115ms, no spikes, awesome.
Quote:
The problems are every moment, of everyday, of every week. 24/7.
Quote:
when i play with my friend (who lives about 7 miles away from me) my ping is just fine.
You're kind of giving conflicting reports about exactly what's happening. Additionally, Pando is only used to transfer install files and has no relations to what happens in game. However, some players with weaker connections have reported improved performance when they remove Pando related to P2P transfer files.

Depending on where you're running your traceroute and the two places where it gets stuck, that may provide some additional insight. For example, if you're trying to ping Riot, you won't be able to get an accurate listing due to the DDoS protection.

Kage027

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
You're kind of giving conflicting reports about exactly what's happening. Additionally, Pando is only used to transfer install files and has no relations to what happens in game. However, some players with weaker connections have reported improved performance when they remove Pando related to P2P transfer files.

Depending on where you're running your traceroute and the two places where it gets stuck, that may provide some additional insight. For example, if you're trying to ping Riot, you won't be able to get an accurate listing due to the DDoS protection.
You're right, it lags basically all the time except for when i played with my friend those few times. Now when i play with him it is back to normal. And i did remove pando from my computer a long time ago. What would be a good ip to ping? i pinged an ip address from the forums i found somewhere on here. And like I said, multiple technicians have come to my house from my isp, and all show me it is nothing wrong with my connection, but rather something that get's messed up once the packet is out in the world wide web. Is their some way i can set my internet so take a different route the to league of legends servers or something? No one else near my has this problem, just me.

Kage027

01-28-2013

It has actually been substantially worse these past few days, it used to spike only every minute or so, now it almost continuously fluctuates.

Kage027

01-29-2013

Bump

Kage027

01-30-2013

Bump

Kage027

02-01-2013

Bump, I'm getting really sick of this damn lag, i just want to have a chance against my opponents. Especially with the new ranked system out, i'm really excited to play.