My ping is making me go insane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kage027

01-12-2013

My ping is driving me crazy. About a month ago my ping went from being a constant 90ms to 140ms and spikes up to 400+ every minute or so, overnight. The game is border line playable as i cannot predict any of my actions with out a constant ping. I have been on the phone almost every night with my isp, and have had multiple technicians out to my house. Each time they assure me it is not the internet, but, rather a poor connection once the packet is out in the web. I ran a trace route on my connection and found that it spikes at the last two stops. Please can i get a dev to help me? I have no idea what to do. I have records of my tracert i can send. I just want to play again.

Flamethrower

01-12-2013

Same thing happening with me dude

Mishimaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

There's already a big thread on this happening to a lot of people. It's even been happening to me. This really sucks.

Kage027

01-14-2013

So has anyone found any solutions?

Kage027

01-25-2013

Update 1-25: Two days ago my ping was fricken beautiful, all day. Morning, afternoon, and night. Constant 115ms, no spikes, awesome. Only lost one game the whole day. Thought my dreams came true and riot actually fixed something, then yesterday i log on, terrible. Ping is a constant 130ms again and spiking after 30 seconds to around 400ms. F*&$)#@ Bu*$ Sh(# riot. This is ridiculous, what kind of sick mind games are you playing with us?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-25-2013

There are no current server issues that would be related to only you experiencing lag spikes in a game.

Try running a netalyzr scan when you're having issues and post the results link if you need more assistance.

Arluxian

01-25-2013

Same here. A few days ago my ping just went to 400 or so. It bubbles up and down. It went away in the middle of the night last night around..... like 2:00-3:00 AM. Woke up and then it was their again. I don t seem to have issues in ARAM, but i will test it and come abck here with results as well as a Netalyzr report.

Kage027

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
There are no current server issues that would be related to only you experiencing lag spikes in a game.

Try running a netalyzr scan when you're having issues and post the results link if you need more assistance.
The problems are every moment, of everyday, of every week. 24/7. I just noticed today when i play with my friend (who lives about 7 miles away from me) my ping is just fine. I do not get the spikes and my ping is a pretty 115ms. He has pando media booster on his computer which makes me wonder if his internet just takes a different path to the server, and maybe my internet uses his pando media booster to get a better signal or take a different path? I'm not sure how it all works, but I know when i play with him my connection is fine. Like I said earlier, i ran a tracert and my ping doesn't spike till the last two stops. Is there a way to reroute the path my signal takes to get the the LoL servers?

Netalyzer Results:

http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...0-4068-b7d9/rd

http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...4-4682-b544/rd

Thank you for you're help

Kage027

01-26-2013

Bumpty bump

Tripgnosis

01-26-2013

you're not alone...this has happened to me EVERY game since patch, without fail... was fine pre-patch