I started out PvP way too late. Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thorston13

01-12-2013

Do Ranked, lol.

Im sorry for that little joke, well either you create a second account (A smurf) and play there only pvp or you do it in that one, either way you're going to get experience each game, you may be behind right now, but you will get there with time.
Just don't stop playing, that's taking a step backwards not forward.

W‚fflez

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistofeles666 View Post
I just want to ask:
Given that xp gain is reduced in bot games, how the hell did you level up to 26 by just playing bot matches? o.O I mean, thats a LOT of grinding.
I'm currently working as a dog sitter living at the ladies house, so for the next few months I can't leave for more than a couple hours and well I don't have much else to do. I played less than 10 PvP matches before then probably. :P

W‚fflez

01-12-2013

Well, I've made a smurf account and just went 34/2/3 with Tryn in pvp, but at the lower levels they are like another poster said, easier than bots.

I don't like being the carry support because if I mess up it tends to drag the other person down too, so I wouldn't want to do that yet, but I do enjoy the middle. I do like the jungle too but I'm not very good at ganking yet, so I've put that away for now.

I haven't done top really, though I think I'd pick Darius, Cho'Gath, or Jayce for that role.
Mid I like to run Malzahar, Xerath, Orianna, or Lux. I love Lux and Xerath but I'm not quit sure how to build them correctly.
Ad carry is usually Tryndamere and I plan on trying out Varus some more.
Support I go Sona or Leona.
Oh and Jungle XinZhao mostly.

I've got about 9 Mastery pages but, my two main ones are an AD general one, 21/9/0 and AP 21/0/9. That doesn't say too much but I found those ones from watching multiple videos on your average builds so they should be alright. I've got more specific ones like jungling and Shyvanna, mundo, and etc, but listing those would take awhile.

My two main Rune pages (I have yet to go back and correct my third) AD and AP go like this;
AD
Flat Armor Seals
Flat Magic Resist Glyphs
Flat AD Marks
AD Quints

AP (I know this one is a little off)
Flad Armor Seals
Flat Magic Resist Glyphs
Flat Armor Marks
AP Quints

Generally using Flash and Exhaust/Ignite too, though as support I might try out Clairvoyance, see how that goes.

Shallow Cubes

01-12-2013

If you want to get good at jungling, or at least increase your familiarity with gank timings, look up stonewall008 on youtube. He has some great jungling videos with good explanations throughout the replay games he uploads. Trick0850 is another person you might consider looking up on youtube for some really aggressive jungling. His explanations aren't as in-depth as stonewall's though, IMHO.

W‚fflez

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Cubes View Post
If you want to get good at jungling, or at least increase your familiarity with gank timings, look up stonewall008 on youtube. He has some great jungling videos with good explanations throughout the replay games he uploads. Trick0850 is another person you might consider looking up on youtube for some really aggressive jungling. His explanations aren't as in-depth as stonewall's though, IMHO.
Just started watching his videos actually a couple days ago! I can see him ganking and I understand the basics of when they over extend and the such, but I still have a bit of trouble judging when and where to go. I will look some more though, I'm dead set on getting better at Jungling and Mid for now especially.

Etherimp

01-12-2013

Tryndamere is not an ADC.. Get Ashe/Sivir.

W‚fflez

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
Tryndamere is not an ADC.. Get Ashe/Sivir.
It does state him as a carry and I've never had anyone say that before but I do have both those other champions already anyway. I like Ashe but I don't have the slightest idea about what ablities to level first or items. I go with a crit build and abilities go q - w - e, but I don't think that's right.

DrRobotnik

01-13-2013

Try playing during school hours. You will be amazed at how different the community is when immature children are stuck in school. Then add ppl that are generally helpful. Listen to what they say, take notes if you have to and play custom games against them to apply what you have learned. Hope that helps.

Directw

01-13-2013

First, if you really don't like the score you have right now and having hard time to improve it. You can create another account and start all over again. This time, save all your IPs for runes. There are two free champions you can get, Alistar and Tristana.

Second, your two rune pages are ok, but I suggest you change ap mark to flat ap or ap pen. This would work much better.

Third, if you really want to buy champions, buy 3~4 cheap champions and keep playing them until you are good with them. Cheap as under 1350IP.

Fourth, masteries are free. So, make as many as you think necessary.

Take me for example, I screwed up my first account by buying too many champions without enough rune pages to back them up. About at end of S1, I start a new account (this one) and follow the suggestions, saving IPs for runes and buy cheap champions. I only bought 4 champions at that time, Ash (450IP), Fid (1350IP), Cho(1350IP), Tryn(1350IP, another mistake T_T. he is just not my play style).

So, for the most of the S2, I only play these three champions. I sometime try out other champions when they are free. After I finished my rune pages, I start bought champions I like. Rune pages are AD range, AD melee, AP range, and AP melee.

Right now, I have about 10 champions, only three that are above 3150, Mao(one of my active champions right now), Rengar (same mistake like Tryn, I'm still working on him), and Akal (I don't play her, I just like the skin that was on sale)

Comparing the old (aka cheap) champions to the new (aka expensive) champions, they might seem underpowered and can be out played easily. They are not bad. They are just outdated and they are played though out countless games. Their strength and weakness are well known. They are still good if you know how to play them.

Hope my experience can help you out.

W‚fflez

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRobotnik View Post
Try playing during school hours. You will be amazed at how different the community is when immature children are stuck in school. Then add ppl that are generally helpful. Listen to what they say, take notes if you have to and play custom games against them to apply what you have learned. Hope that helps.
School hours are almost the exact time I sleep, so maybe I should try changing that. I didn't even think of that at first, that's a pretty good idea, thanks! Most of the people I've added don't end up playing again together or just go on. Ironic thing was I had the helpful ribbon myself for the longest time and then I had nothing to say when it came to PvP almost..
I'm always willing to listen to anyone that wants to help! Thanks.