Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How many DCs are allowed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aoife8

01-12-2013

Hello!

I'm a semi new-player and I'm a bit unclear on the disconnection rule.
When I first started to play I got a two day ban because of a power outage in my area. I tried to contest it but they wouldn't budge on it.

This morning it happened again (after having stable internet for a looooong time so I couldn't have predicted it) and I ended up not being able to get back into LoL until my game was over (players vs bots) despite trying to reconnect the entire time.

I guess, my question is...am I going to have another two day ban over this? Despite me trying to do the right thing? My internet is strong 90% of the time. I don't think it's fair that I get suspended because of something that happens rarely.

Scoteecopter

01-12-2013

Here is the thing: you don't get banned for a single disconnect. If you were banned, it was because it happened more than once. But if your Internet goes out or there is a power outage then don't panic. The system allows for slip ups once in a while so there is no need to worry.

mambawarrior0

01-12-2013

You never get banned for only one.
Exact numbers are kept secret by Riot to avoid gaming the system.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-12-2013

Just know, the more games you play without going idle/afk/leaving/dcing the more forgiving the leaver buster system is.

That's no excuse to actually do so though.

ZioticX

01-12-2013

As far as I know, you don't get bans for playing bot games.

Aoife8

01-12-2013

Quote:
Scoteecopter:
Here is the thing: you don't get banned for a single disconnect. If you were banned, it was because it happened more than once. But if your Internet goes out or there is a power outage then don't panic. The system allows for slip ups once in a while so there is no need to worry.

Today it wasn't a single disconnect. The first game was just a disaster. I kept trying the entire time and would only be in there for brief periods before crashing again. I waited an hour or so for the internet to be stable again and when it seemed like it was I played again and it happened again. I didn't try again until tonight and it seems like it's better now. For some reason the internet is stronger at night then during the day, I don't get it.

I always TRY to come back.

Dark Nephthys

01-13-2013

Quote:
ZioticX:
As far as I know, you don't get bans for playing bot games.

You can get bans if the bot match was a Co-op vs AI, or if your playing a custom match with friends vs ai (although friends prob wouldn't report you) But if it was you and AI's vs AI's then yea you can't get bans for that.

Quote:
Aoife8:
Today it wasn't a single disconnect. The first game was just a disaster. I kept trying the entire time and would only be in there for brief periods before crashing again. I waited an hour or so for the internet to be stable again and when it seemed like it was I played again and it happened again. I didn't try again until tonight and it seems like it's better now. For some reason the internet is stronger at night then during the day, I don't get it.

I always TRY to come back.

If your unsure about your internet connection, play custom matches with friends against AI's or do your own bot match by yourself until you know it's fixed. Also if your internet is stronger at night, maybe you have some one in your family using/downloading stuff off your internet during the day (so maybe ask them if they can pause it or stop it for you to finish a match etc) Or you have some one leeching off your internet, in that case I'd suggest changing the password if that's true.

Rooster DWSF

01-14-2013

Quote:
Aoife8:
Hello!

I'm a semi new-player and I'm a bit unclear on the disconnection rule.
When I first started to play I got a two day ban because of a power outage in my area. I tried to contest it but they wouldn't budge on it.

This morning it happened again (after having stable internet for a looooong time so I couldn't have predicted it) and I ended up not being able to get back into LoL until my game was over (players vs bots) despite trying to reconnect the entire time.

I guess, my question is...am I going to have another two day ban over this? Despite me trying to do the right thing? My internet is strong 90% of the time. I don't think it's fair that I get suspended because of something that happens rarely.

Sounds like you might want to check your connection or your router. Also are you connected wirelessly? Maybe your wireless card may be going out. If not then it for sure has to be on you ISP (Internet Service Provider) Who do you use for your internet service provider? Another thing could be if you are far away from the nearest broadband junction (These are huge box like things that send signal to your area down the phone lines) These are really of no use to a normal person but in networking and internet if one of these boxes goes down it starts to create outages and problems sometimes they even go work on these boxes to make them more fault resistant and they update and fix the hardware inside them. These fixes will also create outages as they have the network cables unplugged for x amount of time.