How would you like the Twised Treeline maps handled??

Keep the new TT as canon 3v3 map so player-base can be large and intact 11 27.50%
Bring the old TT back as canon. It's ok even if the player-base becomes much smaller in these two 17 42.50%
Bring the old TT back as a custom map (not in PvP Quickmatch or Co-op vs. A.I.) 12 30.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

New TT is awesome. Keep it CANON? Bring back the old TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leoric Wuju

01-12-2013

Greetings.
I'm a player who has left LoL for almost 1 year and returned days ago. I tried the new TT Beta.

I just want to drop and say thank you to Riot for re-designing Twisted Treeline and making it a highly-polished and stand-alone 3v3 map. And thank you for finally allowing it to be a choice for Co-op vs. A.I. modes.

As a pianist, I like all the new aspects of it.

This map successfully delivers its own relation to the old Twisted Treeline and a sense of "technological progress". It's like some Noxian or Demacian engineers have entered the place and terra-formed it.

Its music, more advanced and provides a unique feel between the gothic-thriller atmosphere and near-future. A total ascension from its old "Halloween" package.
Exactly how I would expect talented people to handle it.

I'm sure this has been stated here and there, that getting the old TT back is simply going to split the 3v3 player-base. And personally I support the claim.
So I'd like to post here and support you guys on keeping the new TT a canon 3v3 map.

Since this is forum, I'd also like to see how others might think, so I'd like to conduct a poll to see what the fellow fans of Twisted Treeline think.
Do we make the new TT canon and keep the playerbase merged?
Or do we risk seperating the community and add the old TT back?

Thank you for the hard work and have fun in 2013.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Since the old 3v3 map was so broken (but fun, may I add), I think it should be brought back as a custom-game exclusive. I currently only need to wait 30 seconds to 2 minutes for a game in 3v3. I wouldn't mind if wait times were doubled in exchange for some old, hectic 3v3 fun

0shi

01-12-2013

Just so you guys know, this has been suggested several times before.
And basically, it being in the game would mean that it needed to be maintained - Bugs on it need to be fixed, new types of champion abilities need to be tested to make sure there's no weird interactions with map specific assets.
All that so a few nostalgic people can play on a broken mess of a map?
Doesn't seem like a great deal.

Eloquid

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuloric View Post
Greetings.
I'm a player who has left LoL for almost 1 year and returned days ago. I tried the new TT Beta.

I just want to drop and say thank you to Riot for re-designing Twisted Treeline and making it a highly-polished and stand-alone 3v3 map. And thank you for finally allowing it to be a choice for Co-op vs. A.I. modes.

As a pianist, I like all the new aspects of it.

This map successfully delivers its own relation to the old Twisted Treeline and a sense of "technological progress". It's like some Noxian or Demacian engineers have entered the place and terra-formed it.

Its music, more advanced and provides a unique feel between the gothic-thriller atmosphere and near-future. A total ascension from its old "Halloween" package.
Exactly how I would expect talented people to handle it.

I'm sure this has been stated here and there, that getting the old TT back is simply going to split the 3v3 player-base. And personally I support the claim.
So I'd like to post here and support you guys on keeping the new TT a canon 3v3 map.

Since this is forum, I'd also like to see how others might think, so I'd like to conduct a poll to see what the fellow fans of Twisted Treeline think.
Do we make the new TT canon and keep the playerbase merged?
Or do we risk seperating the community and add the old TT back?

Thank you for the hard work and have fun in 2013.
You don't know what you're talking about, just repeating Riot's words like parrot. As for the splitting playerbase, it's brutal lie and completely retarded notion. Are you aware that ARAM queue is coming? How's that not gonna split playerbase? This current situation is splitting the playerbase, actually. I stopped playing 3v3 altogether (although I was quite good at it with 180/110 win-lose ratio, good deal of that on new "polished" map) and so will you when you realize how shallow and boring it is after a while. That "polishness" that fascinates you so much will get old real soon.

Shock Jockey

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
Just so you guys know, this has been suggested several times before.
And basically, it being in the game would mean that it needed to be maintained - Bugs on it need to be fixed, new types of champion abilities need to be tested to make sure there's no weird interactions with map specific assets.
All that so a few nostalgic people can play on a broken mess of a map?
Doesn't seem like a great deal.
Wrong, the champion abilities work using a game engine, so you wouldn't need to make sure they work on every map, because if you programmer a floor, than the champion ability will have it's effect.

It should come back as a officially unsupported competitive map, because competition was hard in it. I miss it and i dislike the new one a lot.

0shi

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
As for the splitting playerbase, it's brutal lie and completely retarded notion. Are you aware that ARAM queue is coming? How's that not gonna split playerbase? This current situation is splitting the playerbase, actually. I stopped playing 3v3 altogether (although I was quite good at it with 180/110 win-lose ratio, good deal of that on new "polished" map) and so will you when you realize how shallow and boring it is after a while. That "polishness" that fascinates you so much will get old real soon.
ARAM queue doesn't split the playerbase because people who are playng ARAM are already doing so through custom games, this will just get them a better experience in regards to dodgers and ease of starting games. If it gets more people playing ARAM, then they're likely to come from no specifc queue, not all from the TT queue.
And the TT playerbase isn't currently split, the queue times are lower than ever before - Certainly alot better than Dominion's, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiePresident View Post
Wrong, the champion abilities work using a game engine, so you wouldn't need to make sure they work on every map, because if you programmer a floor, than the champion ability will have it's effect.

It should come back as a officially unsupported competitive map, because competition was hard in it. I miss it and i dislike the new one a lot.
My experience playing on Dominon before some of the bugs were polished out says that is not correct, and given the old TT was one of their earlier maps, I would imagine it was not their best design work.
And Riot will not relase an unsupported map, and should not. It sets a trap for newer players who get into it and its existence sets an expectation for changes which can easily lead to a sense of betrayal when people realise the developers don't care about it (See: WoW's 2v2).

And last but not least, the new map is so much better. That part is personal opinion.

Leoric Wuju

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
You don't know what you're talking about, just repeating Riot's words like parrot. As for the splitting playerbase, it's brutal lie and completely retarded notion. Are you aware that ARAM queue is coming? How's that not gonna split playerbase? This current situation is splitting the playerbase, actually. I stopped playing 3v3 altogether (although I was quite good at it with 180/110 win-lose ratio, good deal of that on new "polished" map) and so will you when you realize how shallow and boring it is after a while. That "polishness" that fascinates you so much will get old real soon.
Not sure what you're trying to get at, but it seems the purpose of your comment is to insult those who have a different opinion with you. And you think it's the right thing to do

Jryiah

01-12-2013

I just started LoL so not sure what your talking about. What is so special and "broken" about the first 3v3 map??

Anyways, its fine how it is now, 3v3 is a fun and different game mode that is successful. No need to change it or bring back old maps...

port5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

I still have the old TT memorized. D: Those level one fights and strategically avoiding level one top ganks by hiding in the dragon pit, fighting the dragon at level 5 as udyr without having gone back yet, jungling with 1 hp as mordekaiser, learning ezreal and dying 8 times every game(with a good 25 kills,) playing kennen as an ad carry and destroying, none of that is there anymore..

TheBossmanOfTheQ

01-13-2013

What I miss most is the farming phase in general. In old TT it wasn't nearly as long as 5v5 but it gave you allowed you to get a few items so you could play more squishy champs. In the new TT its hard to play a non-tanky champ because you have no items early on to compete with bruisers like darius or singed.