Why is top solo when there is no jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Is that lane more gankable? Less? I'd think it'd be safer as you get less bonus from speed shrine top. Just curious.

Koldheartedjsp

01-12-2013

because peons thought it was 1 top 2 bot on old TTL (even though that wasn't the optimal thing to do) and think it translates over to new TTL

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

I jungle all the time so I wouldn't know, but bot seems to always be easier to gank than top...

Koldheartedjsp

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdsinc View Post
I jungle all the time so I wouldn't know, but bot seems to always be easier to gank than top...
cus speed shrine

for me tops easier to gank unless I use the shrine

bierfaust

01-12-2013

There is no reasoning really. It's just that most people do go 2 bot meaning that the person that would be bot solo has to be capable of handling 2 champions at once. Most people can't be bothered.

Lumione

01-12-2013

ya know, i've kinda wondered this myself. It seems like top lane has more to defend in both the old and new maps (vilemaw/ebonmaw and the jungle...) so why is that the solo lane?

That said, the meta says 1 goes top, 2 go bottom, so i tend to stick with that

MssrLouisCyphre

01-12-2013

The meta you see in normals is suboptimal and obxnoxious. It consists of locking in, running to mid bush, handing over first blood, and then farming bot all game and taking altars while letting enemies take turrets.

You'd do well to take a jungler and practice a usable team comp. -Please- help crush this 2 bot meta into the dirt.

Lumione

01-12-2013

actually i take a jungler (nocturne) and solo top, trying to get farmed up as far as I can before 1v3ing enemy team. sometimes it even works.

MauxFire

01-12-2013

Get a team together and have a jungler

Eloquid

01-12-2013

No it isn't. It's completely retarded to claim the lane on TT map. I lost every single game someone claimed solo top. He ended up feeding royally because he was getting angry as soon as somebody came top to help him. Things are happening to fast on this map and everybody needs to be everywhere. You need to predict where the enemy will be in the next few seconds if you don't see him and react on that hunch, which pretty much often means that top won't be solo. Solo top worked to some extent on old TT map. Those who claim it on new one are not seasoned 3v3 players.