You cant carry your team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

depends what position you are. if you are toplane, you basically just need to win your lane and take your turret after your first big item and then roam and dominate the game. in midlane you win your lane and gank top or bot and win those lanes too. if you are adc, all you can do is farm until atleast the 13 minute mark when u can start thinking about taking your turret and then heading mid to take that one. if you are support, have lane presense/bush control and help your adc get farmed, making sure you have wards up in apropriate places. as jungler, you gank lanes. which lane? the lane that the enemy team is pushing or the lane that is losing. many junglers will focus on a lane that is doing well, and feel like they do well because of getting kills or assists, and then you qq because u did so well bot lane ganking and toplane fed to hell. well you shoulda been toplane instead of letting your toplane get wrecked.

then lategame, KNOW YOUR ROLE on the team. if you are the ADC, then your job is to stay alive and autoattack whoever is closest to you while kiting away use your escapes as escapes, i cant tell you how many times a corki valkyries into a fight or trist jumping onto an enemy and loses the game for their team. those are your escapes for when 3 enemy champs are diving on you (which they will be if you are worth a damn as an ADC). if you are support, your job is to keep your ADC alive. if you are anyone else, you are likely either initiating the fight, diving on the enemy ADC, or protecting your carry. if your are doing anything else, you are probably wrong.

sometimes it is frustrating when you get AFK's intentional feeders and trolls at champ select, but you the other team gets those too. we forget the games when we were even in our lane but the other lanes dominated or the games when we lost our lane but won anyways, and remember all the games when we did well but lost anyways.

SupportOrWillAFK

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad5 View Post
90% of games are luck of the draw
90% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

That being said, I'd be more inclined to agree with whatever it is that you said if high elo players didn't consistently get alternate accounts to high elo as well. Yes, there is a bit of luck, but its always easier to blame others instead of working on yourself.

Detahmaio

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Cubes View Post
Every time someone says this, I post this vid: Click me!.

Not because I think people can do this every time, nor because I think it is that common. I simply post it to show people that it is not impossible if you are good. Granted, some of the commentary (and the music) is not that helpful (and perhaps annoying), but it shows an incredibly hard carry in a high level ranked game. The guy is an 1850+ ELO player (and this might have been on his 2k ELO account. Can't tell), although his bot lane might not show it.

So, if you really are a great player, perhaps you can turn your games around more often than not.
how many times can someone pull that off and go positive tho that's the real question

xJim15x

01-12-2013

well thats how it is ... i got my elo to 1000 to 1300 elo just because i carried my whole team ^_^

Kahleesie

01-12-2013

Heck with that. You can carry, even as support. Of course to carry you can't just get the most kills or assists; all that means is that the enemy team will focus you in teamfights. Carrying involves improving the morale of your team, and basically baby sitting them. You have to use the warning ping to excess; when you see them out of position, ping. Incoming gank on their lane? Ping for them, since they obviously don't see it since they're still pushing their tower. Dragon is up? ping it. Your team just scored an ace and yet they're backing? PING THAT TOWER TO OBLIVION. If they refuse to push with you, try to take the tower as the mother****ing support. It won't happen, but it'll make your team think a bit. Your team isn't building MR despite the fact the other team has all AP aside from a 1/10/3 ADC? Build that runic bulwark, and point out the fact that everyone should build some MR (politely of course; make them think it was their idea.) Does that one team member on your team keep on doing some completely stupid plays? POINT IT OUT. And then compliment him when he does something good for once (I played with a Kha that would jump into the enemy team 1v5 and get completely obliterated.... however he was excellent at buff/baron/dragon steals. He managed to steal dragon twice, baron once, and their blue almost every time it was up. I would compliment his steals, but when he did something stupid pound into him mercilessly.) If the other team has the advantage for 1v1 DON"T LET ANYONE GO BY THEMSELVES. Teams set up for strong 1v1 play tend to have less teamfighting power; so force those teamfights.

Carrying this way is long and merciless. The last game I played where I had to carry as support lasted 1 hour and 16 minutes. My team was stupid; but then I forced them to stop playing stupidly and to not tower dive the enemy when they had baron, and other plays like that. It took forever, the slow, careful play. I wouldn't let them do anything unless it was a for sure win; because we had our nexus towers down, and any wipe would result in a loss. And you know what? We won. We won after having no nexus towers for around 30 minutes. It was terrifying, but we did it. It simply involved not allowing my team to make mistakes, while waiting for the enemy team to get impatient and make their own mistakes. I ended up going 2/1/33, and considering the fact my team only had a total of 43 kills overall.... I'd say that is a definite carry.

deirin

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aefre View Post
I stoped playing for this reason. The teams u get are likey to be bad making you lose even when u do good. I looked at my match history and it turns out for all the lost games for today 5/7 of them i was the best player on the team or the player who did well. I look at the cs of my team makes which is what 40. Now all the pros say carry your team!!! How do u carry if the enemy team is fed and is stronger then your team who sucked. This is unfair elo system and normal ELO (Invisible) Need a re done.
when i look at ur 10 last game i see:
u with 60 cs or lower on 7 / 10 game
and negative k/d ratio on 5/10 game

...seriously ...no comment on ur post...

Akimasu

01-12-2013

I was in a game last night, with my friend who's a 1800ish player - just shy of platinum.

I'm roughly a 1k-1100 player, so the skill difference is huge. I was laning vs a 1500 Pantheon, as renekton. I went 6/0/3 in laning phase. Our mid was a ~700-800 level player, he went 1/0/1 vs a much MUCH better than him mid. THIS is the power of a strong player. If I was stuck 1v1 on top, I would have either died, or spent most of the game on the turret.

That high rated player was usually a top, playing Jungle and he carried - HARD. To say that a single player can't carry a game is ignorant. A single player : ESPECIALLY jungles or supports, can make a losing team win.

adc

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahleesie View Post
Heck with that. You can carry, even as support. Of course to carry you can't just get the most kills or assists; all that means is that the enemy team will focus you in teamfights. Carrying involves improving the morale of your team, and basically baby sitting them. You have to use the warning ping to excess; when you see them out of position, ping. Incoming gank on their lane? Ping for them, since they obviously don't see it since they're still pushing their tower. Dragon is up? ping it. Your team just scored an ace and yet they're backing? PING THAT TOWER TO OBLIVION. If they refuse to push with you, try to take the tower as the mother****ing support. It won't happen, but it'll make your team think a bit. Your team isn't building MR despite the fact the other team has all AP aside from a 1/10/3 ADC? Build that runic bulwark, and point out the fact that everyone should build some MR (politely of course; make them think it was their idea.) Does that one team member on your team keep on doing some completely stupid plays? POINT IT OUT. And then compliment him when he does something good for once (I played with a Kha that would jump into the enemy team 1v5 and get completely obliterated.... however he was excellent at buff/baron/dragon steals. He managed to steal dragon twice, baron once, and their blue almost every time it was up. I would compliment his steals, but when he did something stupid pound into him mercilessly.) If the other team has the advantage for 1v1 DON"T LET ANYONE GO BY THEMSELVES. Teams set up for strong 1v1 play tend to have less teamfighting power; so force those teamfights.

Carrying this way is long and merciless. The last game I played where I had to carry as support lasted 1 hour and 16 minutes. My team was stupid; but then I forced them to stop playing stupidly and to not tower dive the enemy when they had baron, and other plays like that. It took forever, the slow, careful play. I wouldn't let them do anything unless it was a for sure win; because we had our nexus towers down, and any wipe would result in a loss. And you know what? We won. We won after having no nexus towers for around 30 minutes. It was terrifying, but we did it. It simply involved not allowing my team to make mistakes, while waiting for the enemy team to get impatient and make their own mistakes. I ended up going 2/1/33, and considering the fact my team only had a total of 43 kills overall.... I'd say that is a definite carry.
WHERE MUH BOATS AT?

WHERE MUH DRAGONS AT?

KHA LEE SIIII-IIII-I-I-I-IIIIIIII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P38EG97zlOg

Praetor Don

01-12-2013

42-8 as darius (yes, I know people think I stole all the kills), we had 2 afk's and I 1v5 penta'd twice.
We still barely won

Aefre

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirin View Post
when i look at ur 10 last game i see:
u with 60 cs or lower on 7 / 10 game
and negative k/d ratio on 5/10 game

...seriously ...no comment on ur post...
i did mention there are few games where i didnt do well...we all have games like that.