Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to get better at a champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishtumz

01-11-2013

How does one get better at a champ, Right now im having trouble with jungle lee sin I can never get kills or be of any use in team fights except for knock-back.

Anyways how do you get better with a champ without getting called a troll and reported for unskilled player even though your trying to improve your play?

Is there a way to do this other than to play against bots. Im sorry but to get better at a pvp game you have to pvp... The community is just so butthurt all the time.

SupportOrWillAFK

01-11-2013

This is going to sound like I'm being an ass, but I'm not. Besides looking up rudimentary things, like builds/videos/streams, the only way to improve is to just play, take your beatings, use that ignore button, and actively look to see what you can do better each game.

No one is pro overnight.

Lil Cuddles

01-11-2013

As above said, usually you just have to hash it out... see what is working for you, see what isn't. If you're building the same thing every game then change something up... also some people recommend not playing bots... and you said other than that... for me though sometimes I have to play a few games against them just to safely try new things out and work on fundamentals... however since you're jungling this isn't optimal... if all else fails maybe you and that champ just aren't meant to be and I'd try a different jungler to see if its the champ or your jungling ability that needs work.

Fishtumz

01-11-2013

Thanks for the help guys Ill try a diffrent build and watch some videos/guides

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-11-2013

Quote:
Fishtumz:
How does one get better at a champ, Right now im having trouble with jungle lee sin I can never get kills or be of any use in team fights except for knock-back.

Your Lee Sin mastery page is 7/21/0.

Can you manage a 21/9/0 through the jungle?

BigWenus

01-11-2013

Youtube videos, solomid/lolpro guides, steams etc. It's true that practice makes perfect, but you need to watch how the pros play in order to learn how to play quicker. Learn from the experiences of others not just yourself.

DrWhippy

01-11-2013

You need to understand that each champion has a certain strength in the game. Each champion fills their own niche and are incredibly strong at certain parts, but sub-par or averag at others.

Lee sin specifically is about the greatest overall earl-borderline late game champ in the game because of his sustain damage and overall utility. He's so incredibly versatile and you can use him in so many ways once you've mastered him.

Do not try to do all this super cutsie **** that you see pros do. Try first to focus on mechanics like ward jumps over walls, jungle routes as well as just landing your skillshots. Once this happens and once you understand the base mechanics like a pro you'll naturally branch out and do this cool stuff.

I'm going to say this really bluntly. I've played sc in the past and given lessons. The most resounding reason why people don't do well isn't because of their strategy, build order or anything else, but because of their mechanics. You really need to learn mechanically how your abilities synergize with each other and how to maximize the strengths.

MicKretz

01-11-2013

play a custom game with 4 bots on each team, clear ur jungle (work on ur jungle times) and then go gank/kill the bots.....once ur confortable with that, all you can do is practice more and more on real ppl learning the enemy teams normal "OH **** THERE'S LEE SIN" movements and you will get better and better

Amicitia

01-11-2013

1. Learn from other players. I'd suggest watching a few pro matches where Lee Sin is used. Also look at their builds.
2. Practice Makes perfect.
3. Try playing in bot games. Yes, I know. They're boring (And you disappeal to them). Although they're not as good as normal players, you're definitely going to learn the fundamentals & new tricks with your champion here

Lil Cuddles

01-11-2013

One thing I should note to look for when watching 'pros' jungle Lee Sin (or any other champ for that matter) is where they are in the jungle at various times... jungling is all about timing and knowing where the enemy jungler is going to be. Thats the biggest thing I notice in junglers I play with is they are often positioned to poorly to ever make a difference even if mechanically they are pros at their champ.