Why is trundle so under-rated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneLazyNinja

01-19-2013

I picked him up and started playing him, and i think he's an amazing jungler, the ganks are amazing the clear time is quite good, so i dont understand why people call him bad and dont like him? i picked him in a ranked game and someone said "omg please not trundle!"

NJ Gamer

01-19-2013

Attachment 595563.

Pantsukun

01-19-2013

They assume you are trolling.

(cuz, u kno, he's a troll)

greywolf00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

You get the same response with any unpopular champ. People tend to think no tourney/stream play = useless champ. Stonewall is the only person I know off the top of my head that plays him. Trundle has some use but the meta has gone towards bruisers and away from straight tanks so he's seen a lot less use. This, coupled with S3 res & pen changes has made him pretty much forgotten.

Tharama

01-19-2013

Trundle is probably the most balanced champion in the league.

And thus is considered trolling to play him.

Sappihron

01-19-2013

because trundle is more of a nice champion. his kit is great in certain situations, but more often than not other junglers can do his job better, or just provide more utility for your team.

KevinDelMarr

01-19-2013

Because he only has 2 damaging attacks and Q ruins his DPS. Also many junglers do the job better.

Killzerz

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLazyNinja View Post
I picked him up and started playing him, and i think he's an amazing jungler, the ganks are amazing the clear time is quite good, so i dont understand why people call him bad and dont like him? i picked him in a ranked game and someone said "omg please not trundle!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLazyNinja View Post
the ganks are amazing
...I think you are playing against baddies.

Or more likely, you are making a troll thread about Trundle. Get it? BECAUSE HE'S A TROLL OMFG SO FUNNY not like I have seen this before.

If in fact you are truly serious (likely story), pretty much everyone does his job better. Clearing time? Most other champs. Ganks? Amumu, Sejuani, Nautilus, Alistar... Sustain? Well, I'll give you this, but if this is his only strength among a see of weaknesses this isn't fantastic. Damage? Dude it's Trundle, not Olaf/Lee Sin/Kha'Zix. Lategame? Hahahaha get kited, pretty much everyone has a stronger lategame. Please tell me why I would pick him over ANYONE (viable jungler) else.

Cloud Potato

01-19-2013

Trundle is a solid champion. But 1: most of the commonly picked champions are better than solid, and 2: he ugly.

Tolinar

01-19-2013

Trundle is a character with a lot of early statpower, but not a whole lot of lategame potential.
From levels 1-4 he's essentially unbeatable in 1v1 with a melee carry, but he has distinct weaknesses to both AP and Ranged. He's very well suited to jungling, but where he's resilient and has an easy jungle, he's not fast - by the end of the game, the damage is so high and battles so often end quickly, that it comes into play less.

In EXTREMELY long games, Trundle can go the distance, recovering massive amounts of HP from dying over-leveled minions.

His pillar takes practice to perfect and honestly he's not a pretty character, nor an easy one to optimize. In any case, he's versatile and easy to use, at least. He's one of the best junglers for a newbie jungler to use, and he has some real potential in a master's hands - someone who understands windows of opportunity and knows how to make the most of them.