Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tryhards in PBE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoK Raziel

01-11-2013

i Just ran into a guy who had 655 wins in this server, and was smack talking his team and as well ours. claiming this is just another server to play on. like the na or euw servers. this is not what we need for this testing server, where we are trying to find bugs and give our opinions on what may or may not need to be changed. like i understand playing a game, but when u have someone on another team who is ruining not just the game, but the reason we are there in the first place, to try test new things out and give our research on what we found so riot can make the patch the best it can be.

SKT T1 Raykou

01-11-2013

655 wins? wtf, whata try hard

WalkingCrypt

01-11-2013

Thats a bit intense, but it makes sense there will always be those that take this types of situation and games to seriously and often ruin the experience for the rest of us.

iPwnAII

01-11-2013

I love when people say "try hard" like it's supposed to be offensive, this is a competitive game, is there something you don't understand about that ? Honestly as if making fun of someone for playing PBE as their main server is something to be ashamed of (not that I do, but I would never criticize someone for doing so), PBE might be for testing, but I don't see how someone who is playing to win in PBE is ruining YOUR experience as a tester (which is exactly what you are saying aside from the flaming), but the majority of PBE users do not even report bugs, or even mention bugs in the games I have experienced, I play PBE every day, does that make me a "try hard" ? If so, good. I use PBE to test rune pages and develop my own strategy instead of copying someone else's hard work. People like you think that just because you can feed and not be punished because you got flamed and butthurt for playing AD LeBlanc because you were "testing" that players who actually try and want to win are some kind of negative influence when really it's the other way around. Idgaf what he was saying, there is a mute button in PBE, use it, then do, build, test....etc whatever the hell you want, that's how PBE works.

Maluss

01-11-2013

I for one doubt that an obnoxious/highly abusive player would be able to reach such a large number of wins within the server, there is report function implemented after all. On the other hand, that player may be just one of the very few who has not had their account time-banned/perma-banned.

On the other hand, I'll take a player who is trying to win legitimately over any blatant troll. At least the "try-hard" player will make plays that can result in bug assessment, trolls however are just trolls (no positive outcome to speak of)

LoK Raziel

01-11-2013

i should take out tryhard, bad word to use, it is more or less the type of player he was to me as well as both teams. i did not mean to flame on someone who was verbally abusive to everyone in the game. and i Pwn all, that is the point of a pbe, test what works for you before u get it in the main game i understand. i am not wanting this to be about the effort one puts. but the toxicty of the player.

LiveVu

01-11-2013

Don't worry bro, I'm here. I tame those jelly scrubz.

Gotta put them in their place know wut i meanz.

let them know whats up

Zair Umbras

01-12-2013

Quote:
TtS Proteus:
i Just ran into a guy who had 655 wins in this server, and was smack talking his team and as well ours. claiming this is just another server to play on. like the na or euw servers. this is not what we need for this testing server, where we are trying to find bugs and give our opinions on what may or may not need to be changed. like i understand playing a game, but when u have someone on another team who is ruining not just the game, but the reason we are there in the first place, to try test new things out and give our research on what we found so riot can make the patch the best it can be.

This guy must be mad... lulz.

On an actual logical note... Wins mean nothing. Yes, people do like to win, so you know, you won't always be able to test everything YOU want to. Most of the time, bugs aren't found by people expecting to find them. A lot of champs aren't played, but sometimes forced to be played because it's like a top role and you've bought nothing but mid champs so you have to use him for top because you want to win by rolling with a good team comp. Despite 'Tryhards' being annoying at times, they usually have a great point. TRY HARD. If you're not trying to win, you're probably just throwing the game, not really paying attention to much, or you're one of them junglers that sit in the jungle saying you're trying to find bugs with your champ and should be in a private match if you're going to do such things. :3

Overall, the old saying 'Less QQ, More Pew Pew' fits quite well. If that doesn't work, do private matches. If that doesn't suit you, press the mute and report at the end of the game. :3 I do it quite frequently and it works well!

Pentarina

01-12-2013

If they're raging, it's cause they're on the wrong server. This is a test server, not a competitive scene.

Cakecicle

01-12-2013

Can't believe how much stupidity is in this thread. This is PBE guys, not just another server.