Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot disappointed me with how they handle the new map reactions...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

01-12-2013

Quote:
ZombiePresident:
They gave one answer that was recieved so badly that they just hid under their beds. Is that the proper way to deal with consumers? I think not.

Yeah splitting the playerbase, what a joke. I wonder how's new ARAM queue that is coming not gonna split playerbase.

Teleclast

01-12-2013

Quote:
Hoisengerd:
disconnect??
Riot answered...with a completely valid an reasonable answer

Actually their answer was not valid or reasonable (The answer was not in-depth enough to be valid, it validated it from a business standpoint of AFTER the fact, why they wouldn't bring it back, however it was obviously a generic PR answer, that anyone who has played or been on 'official forums' before could spot a mile away) , when it comes down to it here is the point, before remaking TT, while they knew that there were a lot of people that were unhappy with it, those people generally simply ignored 3s, just like most people don't play Dominion. The fact of the matter however is that it was quite obvious to anyone who spent a day on the forums that the general attitude was "TT is awesome, BUT hard, if you don't like the way TT is, don't play it", no one who was really into the old TT wanted the jungle nerfed, even though newcomers thought that it being difficult was a PROBLEM for some reason, and so those people were also quite a vocal group stating that TT was too hard to get into.

There were problems with old TT, for example turtling (which was solved easily, don't simply push in for a win right away), now turtling being easier wasn't a good thing but also wasn't necessarily a bad thing as there was a counterplay option already available.

While the new TT map is okay and decent, it created it's own problems that in my opinion are bigger and it isn't as fun or dynamic as the old one, things like blinking over walls and turtling were fixed, but funner things like buff control (more of them) were funner, the shrine mechanic is very hit or miss with people.

That said, I still can't say I understand why they didn't simply make a 6v6 map instead of "remaking" the 3v3 map.

I say all of this as someone who's played less than a year, but did enjoy the old TT as I was getting into it, now sadly I'll never be able to get any further than I was, and with the new TT, and new items, it simply feels too different from 5v5s, and still falls into the same major problems as old TT they've simply shifted it seems. (Darius, Singed)

Time Rider

01-12-2013

Quote:
Teleclast:
Actually their answer was not valid or reasonable (The answer was not in-depth enough to be valid, it validated it from a business standpoint of AFTER the fact, why they wouldn't bring it back, however it was obviously a generic PR answer, that anyone who has played or been on 'official forums' before could spot a mile away) , when it comes down to it here is the point, before remaking TT, while they knew that there were a lot of people that were unhappy with it, those people generally simply ignored 3s, just like most people don't play Dominion. The fact of the matter however is that it was quite obvious to anyone who spent a day on the forums that the general attitude was "TT is awesome, BUT hard, if you don't like the way TT is, don't play it", no one who was really into the old TT wanted the jungle nerfed, even though newcomers thought that it being difficult was a PROBLEM for some reason, and so those people were also quite a vocal group stating that TT was too hard to get into.

There were problems with old TT, for example turtling (which was solved easily, don't simply push in for a win right away), now turtling being easier wasn't a good thing but also wasn't necessarily a bad thing as there was a counterplay option already available.

While the new TT map is okay and decent, it created it's own problems that in my opinion are bigger and it isn't as fun or dynamic as the old one, things like blinking over walls and turtling were fixed, but funner things like buff control (more of them) were funner, the shrine mechanic is very hit or miss with people.

That said, I still can't say I understand why they didn't simply make a 6v6 map instead of "remaking" the 3v3 map.

I say all of this as someone who's played less than a year, but did enjoy the old TT as I was getting into it, now sadly I'll never be able to get any further than I was, and with the new TT, and new items, it simply feels too different from 5v5s, and still falls into the same major problems as old TT they've simply shifted it seems. (Darius, Singed)

Riot won't be getting another dime from me anytime soon. I knew the day would come whenlol would get huge and they would just not care about players anymore, and make horrible changes. It reminds me of runescape, it was amazing until it got so popular that jagex just didn't care about players.