Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Surrender votes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

01-11-2013

Quote:
Filthy Meadows:
EVERYONE WANTS TO WIN

i find it more to be a jerk to force a player into 20 extra minutes of gametime than anything else in the game

Sorry, but extra 20mins give your team multiple chances to come back once your team get their full build or close to finishing it.

Saint Latona

01-11-2013

Quote:
Filthy Meadows:
EVERYONE WANTS TO WIN

i find it more to be a jerk to force a player into 20 extra minutes of gametime than anything else in the game

Tell that to CLG.eu who were behind by 20k gold but they stuck it out to the very end vs M5, and what happened? THE MOST AMAZING COMEBACK IN LOL HISTORY EVER!!!!!!!

Also, what ^he said.

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
Saint Latona:
Tell that to CLG.eu who were behind by 20k gold but they stuck it out to the very end vs M5, and what happened? THE MOST AMAZING COMEBACK IN LOL HISTORY EVER!!!!!!!

Also, what ^he said.

you're basing top level play and associating it as the medium?

Quote:
Shiister:
Sorry, but extra 20mins give your team multiple chances to come back once your team get their full build or close to finishing it.

20 minutes doesn't do much when the enemy is on your ass the entire game

PoinTBlanK86

01-12-2013

Quote:
Filthy Meadows:
you can't say something is "right" if you can't even justify it

You gave no justification either. Everything you have said has been refuted.

PoinTBlanK86

01-12-2013

Quote:
Shiister:
I would punish your case. You was a jerk and negative.

Says the jerk and negativity bigot troll.

PoinTBlanK86

01-12-2013

Surrending is an OPTION, placed into the GAME, with a TIMER, that RIOT predisposed a set amount of time for what it believes is an unspammable amount of time in between resetting. So then, how do you punish for a time threshold that Riot has set and believes to be enough time that a player that didn't surrender before, might have changed their mind?

KineticSkink

01-12-2013

Quote:
Flugun:
You should not be able to be banned, just because you put up surrender votes. If the team is feeding, and you can see the outcome, you should be able to surrender without fear of retaliation from others.

Looking at your case, I doubt people clicked punish for the surrender stuff, rather your behaviour in chat.

Flugun

01-12-2013

Quote:
Shiister:
I would punish your case. You was a jerk and negative.

Really? Other than my comments to morgana...im that bad huh?

Flugun

01-12-2013

Quote:
Saint Latona:
Not really. Sure I dislike Amumu, but I wouldn't report you just for playing Amumu. Just like I wouldn't report Fiddlesticks players simply because I HAAAAAAATE Fiddles and immediately ban him every chance I get.

Being a jerk means being a negative influence on the game via your behavior. If you spam the surrender even though your team asks you not to, that's being negative when they want to win unless they feel otherwise.

i was just going to point out that they never asked me to stop. If they asked me to stop putting up surrender windows i might have done it.

Flugun

01-12-2013

"Garen [00:16:16] thanks for suckin such ass bot lane"
It also doesn't help that garen in Game #2 who was somewhat the carry, was also a boastfull A-hole in the game as well.

It kinda proves that the guy who is on the losing side, but gets a little frustrated, but provides suggestions to his team is the one who gets banned. While the enemy garen, (possibly only becuase they won the game) gets to go home completely free on his comments to his own team.

My general rule is ...if your carying
1. You have more experience possibly so take every action in the game in stride.
2. Don't make assumptions
3. The last thing you want to do is become an a-hole (the only better way to see if they really are playing bad on purpose is if you sit there and watch them, in that case you are spectating and not playing so that poses a problem) so just play and carry on.