Surrender votes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePushySwagg

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
i must have gotten under your skin in the other thread, you cannot alter context, as context is perceived, not inferred
You took exploding barrels post about in game features in the opposite direction as he was going. The features he is mentioning are things such as chat, pings, communication with other teammates. Instead of following his line of thought you made a completely irrelevant comparison to the shop feature that riot has preset from the beginning of the game. The shop feature does not harass you, nor does it even communicate with you. For you to make that comparison is like claiming apples are oranges.

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Latona View Post
I refer to the Summoner's Code and apply it when I review cases. I do what I can to make LoL a friendly game. If you want to talk down to others or do some competitive banter, then I highly suggest you to play DotA 2 or some other MOBA.

Oh and by the way, I did, what, 5 or 6 cases with the last one reviewed in November? I've seen plenty of the Tribunal to know that it's working just fine.
but it's not working fine, people that are not breaking ANY rules are getting banned because there is a numbers game in this, and because illiterate people are in charge of issuing bans to people, not insinuating that YOU are illiterate, but you know most are

you've not been able to prove how offering a surrender window every 5 minutes demoralizes the team, even if the person issuing the surrender is doing the best in every aspect?

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePushySwagg View Post
You took exploding barrels post about in game features in the opposite direction as he was going. The features he is mentioning are things such as chat, pings, communication with other teammates. Instead of following his line of thought you made a completely irrelevant comparison to the shop feature that riot has preset from the beginning of the game. The shop feature does not harass you, nor does it even communicate with you. For you to make that comparison is like claiming apples are oranges.
bold makes no sense, i assume you meant comparing

and no, me comparing moving the surrender screen(which was what was in question) off to the side is EXACTLY the same as repositioning the shop for your own person optimal preference, it does NOT disable the surrender like he suggested

Saint Latona

01-11-2013

Quote:
but it's not working fine, people that are not breaking ANY rules are getting banned because there is a numbers game in this, and because illiterate people are in charge of issuing bans to people, not insinuating that YOU are illiterate, but you know most are

you've not been able to prove how offering a surrender window every 5 minutes demoralizes the team, even if the person issuing the surrender is doing the best in every aspect?
It doesn't demoralize them when the one person is spamming it when the rest want to win, it annoys them. Therefore, they are having a negative experience when that one person is spamming it, no matter what.

Also: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2986841

And now I go to watch Curse play on NA qualifiers!

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
It doesn't demoralize them when the one person is spamming it when the rest want to win, it annoys them. Therefore, they are having a negative experience when that one person is spamming it, no matter what.

Also: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2986841

And now I go to watch Curse play on NA qualifiers!
you cited your own thread for what reason?

nobody is having a negative experience because of it, although i DO feel the window could disappear after you vote no, but it doesn't impact the game or game experience in any way

or i guess i can use tribunal logic used on me earlier

just don't get annoyed

considering someone earlier told me just not to get mad

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

I would punish your case. You was a jerk and negative.

Saint Latona

01-11-2013

Quote:
you cited your own thread for what reason?

nobody is having a negative experience because of it, although i DO feel the window could disappear after you vote no, but it doesn't impact the game or game experience in any way

or i guess i can use tribunal logic used on me earlier

just don't get annoyed

considering someone earlier told me just not to get mad
I cited my own thread in response to your "but it's not working fine".

When that guy is puts up a surrender vote for the first time simply because he believes that everything is lost and that the game should be over but the rest of his team disagrees, and that guy just wouldn't let it go and keeps on spamming the surrender, then he's being a jerk and annoying his teammates when he could just deal with it and go along with it until someone else feels that the game is lost.

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
I cited my own thread in response to your "but it's not working fine".

When that guy is puts up a surrender vote for the first time simply because he believes that everything is lost and that the game should be over but the rest of his team disagrees, and that guy just wouldn't let it go and keeps on spamming the surrender, then he's being a jerk and annoying his teammates when he could just deal with it and go along with it until someone else feels that the game is lost.
how is it the guy asking for a surrender that is being a jerk and not the other 4 who are out of touch with reality?

how is asking for a surrender once per 5 minutes, in an average 40 minute game(starting at the 20 minute mark) annoying?

in your eyes anyone can be a jerk for anything, would i be considered a jerk for picking amumu in a game if you don't like amumu?

Saint Latona

01-11-2013

Quote:
how is it the guy asking for a surrender that is being a jerk and not the other 4 who are out of touch with reality?

how is asking for a surrender once per 5 minutes, in an average 40 minute game(starting at the 20 minute mark) annoying?

in your eyes anyone can be a jerk for anything, would i be considered a jerk for picking amumu in a game if you don't like amumu?
Not really. Sure I dislike Amumu, but I wouldn't report you just for playing Amumu. Just like I wouldn't report Fiddlesticks players simply because I HAAAAAAATE Fiddles and immediately ban him every chance I get.

Being a jerk means being a negative influence on the game via your behavior. If you spam the surrender even though your team asks you not to, that's being negative when they want to win unless they feel otherwise.

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
Not really. Sure I dislike Amumu, but I wouldn't report you just for playing Amumu. Just like I wouldn't report Fiddlesticks players simply because I HAAAAAAATE Fiddles and immediately ban him every chance I get.

Being a jerk means being a negative influence on the game via your behavior. If you spam the surrender even though your team asks you not to, that's being negative when they want to win unless they feel otherwise.
EVERYONE WANTS TO WIN

i find it more to be a jerk to force a player into 20 extra minutes of gametime than anything else in the game