How are permanent bans and allowing players to re-roll not contradictory?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mightyravenqt x

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The player behavior team has been working with our Player Support to ensure that we never encourage toxic players to make a new account. There are no more "Last Chance" programs or "Second Chance" programs, we simply don't want toxic players to play our game--especially after they've been given HALF A DOZEN OR MORE CHANCES.

Bans are not the ideal solution and we know this; however, for the short-term, permanent bans are better than nothing because we are still taking away a player's runes/champions and time. We'll be working on alternatives to bans in the future.
What if the perma banned player never got any warnings or previous bans? And if the player contacted player support and just simply asked for proof of their "toxic behaviour" just to improve or see how they actually are meant to act, yet they just repeat the same thing over and over again.

Zecard

01-22-2013

if you dont want our money,why dont retrun it?
why you sold us skins?you just need our money.
never seen other game premaban by report

meadow

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecard View Post
if you dont want our money,why dont retrun it?
why you sold us skins?you just need our money.
never seen other game premaban by report
1. You've paid for services/products in the time you were not banned. You've used them most likely so they do not need to return the money to you for any reason.

2. They sell skins, you don't need to buy them.

3. Dota 2, HoN, Rift, WoW I've seen alot of games that have previously banned players from a simple warning up to a permanent ban only by reports. The only game that reflects this more clearly is LoL since we've the Tribunal.

Shfffarounddacor

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudouri View Post
How the heck did you get here from what Lyte said?

Seriously? What kind of line of logic did it take?
You obviously don't know how to think outside the box. His statement is sarcastic and not directed to the reply, he just replied to get the person to see it i'm guessing.

Filthy Meadows

01-25-2013

Quote:
Actually, if we're permabanning you we don't want your money or your time. Just find another game.
since you dont want my money, then i can reverse paypal right?

don't lie child

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
The player behavior team has been working with our Player Support to ensure that we never encourage toxic players to make a new account. There are no more "Last Chance" programs or "Second Chance" programs, we simply don't want toxic players to play our game--especially after they've been given half a dozen or more chances.

Bans are not the ideal solution and we know this; however, for the short-term, permanent bans are better than nothing because we are still taking away a player's runes/champions and time. We'll be working on alternatives to bans in the future.
Then why not just have a special team come to their house and break their fingers? That'll get the message across. Permabanned players, if they come back, will be even worse than before because now they're bitter and don't care about a throwaway account since they can make 10 more.

Seikon

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobojangles View Post
MAC address/IP bans would be nice, yes. And to those that oppose (for instance some one using some one else's pc) that's honestly their fault for allowing someone to partake in those actions on their computer.
That won't work because of multiple reasons:

1.) IP Addresses are leased and changed.
2.) As for MAC Addresses, it would work, but it will ban the computer and not the user. If you weren't home and your sibling typed something on your computer and got you into trouble, would you accept the blame? And I mean, harsh punishment like jail time?
3.) Also, that would also affect PC rooms. If League is crazy popular, but a particular PC room cannot run League, that would affect not only the owners, but also the employees and other patrons.

They don't want toxic players in the game, not everyone who has been inadvertently victimized by said toxic players.

ovoLarson

02-13-2013

Quote:
Actually, if we're permabanning you we don't want your money or your time. Just find another game.
That mean we get our money back? Didnt think so.... I spent money on RP i never got to use...

ManiacMcLaughton

02-13-2013

Ok people.... you cannot seriously believe what you are saying here?

"If you dont' want my money, give it back"..

"I spent money on RP I never got to use"

You are talking about a game here. If you spend money on a copy of Diablo 3, and your account gets banned, should they refund your money? No.. you broke the rules. This is EXACTLY the same. You ELECTED to purchase things from this company, and the services were offered to you. Your use of them before you were punished was up to you.

Now, in a situation where a payment for RP was posted within a few minutes of a permaban... ok.. maybe in that extreem situation maybe...

As for Lyte's comment about "not wanting perma banned players money", his point was that he can't stop you from creating a new account, and he can't stop you from jumping back into the frey... but he sure doesn't WANT you in his community, and neither does most of the rest of the league. IF you have reformed, well congratulations... that reform is probably because your wallet took a hit from that perma-ban. If you reformed after a perma ban, that is the greatest outcome one could hope for... but you also are not entitled to your stuff back.. you lost it due to your behavior.

Also, to all of you perma-banned players complaining... find a better solution for Riot. They would LOVE to have CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on how to improve the community and not be forced to perma-ban. Come up with something that will actually get rid of trolling and toxic players... give them the power to prevent this from happening to others. I was raised that you never complain about how something is being done unless you can come up with a better solution.

Interceptor09

02-13-2013

Quote:
The player behavior team has been working with our Player Support to ensure that we never encourage toxic players to make a new account. There are no more "Last Chance" programs or "Second Chance" programs, we simply don't want toxic players to play our game--especially after they've been given half a dozen or more chances.

REPECK! ME BROTHA.

toxic players always have a better way of doing things; they always see the faults in the current system etc..
I 100% support the bans, as I have had countless hours of my life (which were set aside to play LoL) wasted while some immature fool trolls/rages and ruins the match.