How are permanent bans and allowing players to re-roll not contradictory?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1e85f5cbcdc5184a50591

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Actually, if we're permabanning you we don't want your money or your time. Just find another game.
And yet you're more than willing to accept it...

The level of hypocrisy is somewhere between disgusting and comical.

IM JUNGLE YI

01-13-2013

Quote:
The player behavior team has been working with our Player Support to ensure that we never encourage toxic players to make a new account. There are no more "Last Chance" programs or "Second Chance" programs, we simply don't want toxic players to play our game--especially after they've been given half a dozen or more chances.

Bans are not the ideal solution and we know this; however, for the short-term, permanent bans are better than nothing because we are still taking away a player's runes/champions and time. We'll be working on alternatives to bans in the future.
Yeah Lyte, when someone says "GG noobs" a dozen times, they're clearly terrorists in the making and should never be allowed outside. Such sick people I'm so glad you're taking a stand against casual trash talk.

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM JUNGLE YI View Post
Yeah Lyte, when someone says "GG noobs" a dozen times, they're clearly terrorists in the making and should never be allowed outside. Such sick people I'm so glad you're taking a stand against casual trash talk.
How is Sarcasm helpful to this discussion? O.o

Fudouri

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM JUNGLE YI View Post
How the heck did you get here from what Lyte said?

Seriously? What kind of line of logic did it take?

mackman

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPunish View Post
And yet you're more than willing to accept it...

The level of hypocrisy is somewhere between disgusting and comical.
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read...

slamor

01-13-2013

Quote:
Actually, if we're permabanning you we don't want your money or your time. Just find another game.
I think he was referring to the support team lols.

Filthy Meadows

01-13-2013

Quote:
The player behavior team has been working with our Player Support to ensure that we never encourage toxic players to make a new account. There are no more "Last Chance" programs or "Second Chance" programs, we simply don't want toxic players to play our game--especially after they've been given half a dozen or more chances.

Bans are not the ideal solution and we know this; however, for the short-term, permanent bans are better than nothing because we are still taking away a player's runes/champions and time. We'll be working on alternatives to bans in the future.

half a dozen chances?

1st punish= warning
2nd=1day
3rd=3day
4th=2 weeks
5th= perma ban

hardly half a dozen, the ****ed up thing is a year can be in between bans and still elevate to the next level of ban

Schtiffles

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladine View Post
I think the main issue with making a perma-ban actually permanent is that it is technically difficult to match the player to the computer.

IP bans don't work because most ISPs use DHCP, automatically assigned IP addresses that are often reassigned to other people. MAC-address based bans are problematic because MAC addresses on network cards can often be changed/spoofed by software.

More involved methods, such as a hash generated from the computer's hardware profile, can't separate the player from the computer. These would likely cause problems in cyber cafes too, especially in other regions where those are popular, since the first player to catch a ban on a cyber cafe computer would prevent anyone from playing League of Legends on that computer.
Thank you for taking the time to type this out. I never feel like explaining this to people, so I'm just gonna go ahead and save this in a notepad to paste at will.

Drozzi

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
half a dozen chances?

1st punish= warning
2nd=1day
3rd=3day
4th=2 weeks
5th= perma ban

hardly half a dozen, the ****ed up thing is a year can be in between bans and still elevate to the next level of ban
That's actually not how it goes, I've seen multiple people being banned for 2 days at a time at least 5-6 times.

Hobojangles

01-14-2013

After all being said in here I have to give my 2:

Look, we all know that the tribunal isn't a perfect system, far from it. Between the multiplying counts of people who troll and/or poison this game to the amount of people that just neglect to report or falsely report, there is no surefire way to keep this game an utopia. The people who get permabanned HOPEFULLY will get the message, yet if they got themselves to that point in the first place, chances are they don't care. Hell, maybe even infuriated to the point they just want to keep re-rolling accounts just to continue their dastardly deeds. In a free to play game yes its hard to keep those kind of players out because for them they only lose time, they don't have to pay anything out of pocket. And subscription based games do tend to diminish that factor, but then again may turn other good players away from the game that they simply can't afford it or do not wish to pay. MAC address/IP bans would be nice, yes. And to those that oppose (for instance some one using some one else's pc) that's honestly their fault for allowing someone to partake in those actions on their computer.

As every other SENSIBLE person in here would agree on, I am indeed tired of being trolled/raged on in LoL, yet I know that it's a slow process to weed out the bad apples. All I ask, on the behalf of the honorable community, is for riot to try and get a stronger pimp hand to slap these fools