Can i get banned if i mute everyone at the start of every game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
If you mute people you don't see their pings, fyi.
I know, I meant OP would communicate to them with pings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
nice big post there
I try to be through.

Quote:
there is no "de-evolution" even if something changes for the worse, it's still an evolution, devolving is something made up by humans to insinuate that someone is dumb or useless to society,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-evolution
"The concept of devolution as regress from progress relates to the ancient ideas that either life came into being through special creation or that humans are the ultimate product or goal of evolution."

Evolution and DE-evolution exist within social settings. Evolution of a social setting is necessary for it to maintain standards set by the community which attends it. In this case the DE-evolution would be the person who chooses to stop communicating with the community and set their own standards while ignoring everyone else. This eventually results in the "I'm right because I said so" function as being the ultimate form of victory for said person. That has been discarded so long ago it's literally going backwards in society's view.

I did not bring genetics into this. Those will always be an evolution. We could always go back to I'm stronger and have the weapon, and thus my point of view the right one as if you disagree with me I'll just club you over the head. I don't see that as an evolution of society.

Quote:
i feel that people are frowning too much at people getting angry, it's a natural reaction, especially to people that take gaming seriously
I understand when people get angry they need to vent. It's how they vent that changes anger into rage. Anger by itself is not. Anger is an emotion related to one's psychological interpretation of having been offended, wronged or denied and a tendency to react through retaliation. Retaliation is wrong. Eye for an eye will eventually leave the world blind. I'm pretty sure we're smarter than that as a species. We wouldn't be around if we had no means to control our anger in such a manner.

Quote:
and unfortunately wookie only controls perma bans, what about the AD ahri i saw 3 weeks ago getting banned for going 13-1-12 with 320 creeps? one game in the entire reform card, and then the tribunal members heftily trying to justify it?
320 CS almost always means you have completely forgotten the objective of the match in favor of farming CS. I don't know what that AD Ahri said or did because I either do not know the reform card or have forgotten it. I am quite busy IRL with the Wheel of Time book right now and am not trying to find the card you speak of. I will not argue on a reform card I did not see or just can't remember atm.

Quote:
you, as an intellectual person must see the bad side of player-controlled bans right?
Bans are not controlled by the players. They are voted on by the community. The problem is not who is issuing the ban. The problem is that everybody is looking to blame someone for it. If the Tribunal did not issue the ban people still see it as wrong. I have seen people blame the Tribunal for leaverbuster and manual bans. Many are so obscenely quick to blame someone else for things they don't even attempt to take the few seconds to care about how they treated others. I have never been banned in my life from a game. I have been playing MMO's for 10+ years now. Either I am doing something right or I am one of the very few unique people who never do anything wrong. I will not believe the latter is the solution that everyone needs.

Quote:
i'm currently on a ban that i definitely deserve, but the ban before it was unwarranted, i had one game in my reform card, and i was banned and it said and i quote "he took forever to load"
What about the other games? Each game can result in a punish vote. Did you earn it with a single game? Did you do something that people would consider wrong in them? I didn't see your reform card. You did. Somehow you focused on "he took forever to load" but didn't see anything else? What else exists in that reform card? I don't know. I haven't seen it.

Quote:
3-1 hecarim on twisted tree with the victory, i used pings effectively and we pretty much had a flawless game, can that be justified? it gives players doubt within the system, league has become corrupt because of the player-controlled bans
This doesn't sound like a punish vote to me on it. There is still a flaw in the game but the 1 death will not be a punish vote from me. I can't read the chat of the game though because I don't have the reform card. Pity that the argument you're using has no option for anyone else to even have a view on it. How can I disagree with something when I have no idea what it is? I can't even agree with it. Yes or no? You don't know what yes means or no means but you're required to pick one answer.


Quote:
now to the main point

"True, you can communicate with pings alone in games. The problem is that rage will still be the issue when someone does something that you disagree with."
-it would still stop flaming,
No, this would still continue. Just because you ignored them doesn't mean you will not flame them. The fact that I can tolerate some heat will not change my ability to be burned. This is an argument waiting to happen just on it's face. This is the flaw of rage. You don't have to have any words to have it happen. Someone dies? RAGE! Someone kills someone you did a lot of damage to? RAGE! It doesn't stop you from being a jerk to someone else. It only lets you release your rage at them without care. True, you won't be provoked by words, but you can still produce it. Kill secured...

Quote:
Thus you deny the option to communicate to teach what was a mistake in your eyes and how to avoid it in the future.
-i very often see people take this the wrong way and turn it into a flame war
It is often communicated in a way to offend rather than to instruct. People have forgotten the objective of the game is not to kill the opponent. It is to conquer their base. To die to kill is a mistake. A battle is not won by giving your life for your country. It is won by not dying while completing objectives. How you communicate this is just as important as communicating in the first place. If people take it the wrong way it is likely the way it is communicated is the problem. If they choose not to take good advice it is not the fault of the giver of such advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM

Great advice there. Important even now. Do you listen to the words or do you hate the voice? It's a simple thing to tolerate the voice to gain the wisdom. It is also a simple thing to hate the voice enough where you discard wisdom in doing so.


Quote:
Face checking has reduced thanks to streamers and spectating games. I've made my own hefty share of mistakes in the past. I've learned from them to be a better player because I asked questions or post death understood what I did wrong. I don't know everything about every champion. But I can almost play as any champion. I've learned the basics of support, adc, apc, tank, jungler, ganks and so much more. I share this now so others can learn from my mistakes. I'm not perfect, never will be, and will continue to try to improve as a player. Not raging at my allies is pretty much a given by this point."
- not raging AT your allies is a given, but raging at all? it happens, especially in some of us that are more competitive, you and i may see the game very differently
Face checking a shrub I know enemy champions would hide in tends to make me angry. I'm not going to start swearing at my ally for this. I am going to try to warn them beforehand. Failure to accept warning can result in their death and a disadvantage for the team I am on. I'm not going to spend 5 minutes reminding them about it over and over. Will I be enraged at the 5th time he does it? Yes. Will I take it out on him verbally? No. Those who fail to learn only learn to fail. I can't change people into thinking mode physically and the choice of words I will choose is "Do you intend to continue to do that all game or have you learned not to do that yet?" My ally has a choice here. Learn or do not. If he hasn't learned that suicide is a bad idea by that point then he won't listen and thus teaching him is fruitless in the first place. I will just stop trying to teach them at that point.

This is the "If you don't want to learn then I don't want to teach you" system. Works well enough in the school system until people start letting failing grade people continue on to the next grade level. See Stand and Deliver (1988).

Quote:
me for example, i am a biochemist major in college, working on a virus string that could possibly be related to cancer, it's a lot of stress,
Try to remember that when you are not working on that virus string that could be related to cancer to leave it out of your life when not working on it. Thinking of it instead of thinking of the game puts undue strain upon you and is unrelated to the game. Use the "check your coat at the door" theme. I work at UPS. It's insanely physical of a job for the shift I work. When I am not directly dealing with a customer I leave it be. No sense in bringing the fact that some people just do not know how to ship things here.

Here's a personal example that you'll probably laugh a little at. There was a customer who was shipping some short swords. They put them into a cardboard box, taped it shut, labeled it, and sent it out. They did NOT use a flat long box in order to contain the swords in minimal space, or put any of the swords in sheaths to protect the swords, or bind them together to make them less likely to destroy the box. I saw this box. It looked like a magician was trying to show us the skewered box trick. It was rolling at me. I could of been severely injured by it. I'm probably the only reason why that customer had any of his swords delivered. I know how to peace bind blades. Thus I took those 40 swords and packed them properly in order to keep them from hurting anyone between me and the person who was getting them. My managers were afraid of this box of blades. This was very much like a game of pick up sticks only with very sharp pointy sticks. Swords do not scare me. That is why I had to take care of it. Not because I needed to, but because I actually wanted my customers to learn from this.

How does that apply to league of legends? It doesn't. Why should I bring it up? I shouldn't. I took care of the problem presented in front of me at the time it was presented. When you're playing the game just play the game. This is how the world works. Complete the problem set in front of you at the time it is in front of you. Yell not about past actions, but learn from them. Become smarter, and become careful. Learn to weigh risks vs rewards. When you have mastered this you become dangerous to those against you and a treasure to those with you.

Sa souvraya niende misain ye. Back on topic before I go too far off the rails.

Quote:
i enjoy coming home and playing a game of league where i won't get harassed, or trolled, but i find myself in games where someone finds pleasure from doing so, should i not be able to verbally induce sodomy on this being?
Verbally inducing sodomy upon another changes the game from having 1 troll to 2. Your allies (be they 1 from twisted treeline or 3 from the other matches) now have twice as much to endure. Why bring them down to the trolls level?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Filthy Meadows

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
I try to be through.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-evolution
"The concept of devolution as regress from progress relates to the ancient ideas that either life came into being through special creation or that humans are the ultimate product or goal of evolution."

Evolution and DE-evolution exist within social settings. Evolution of a social setting is necessary for it to maintain standards set by the community which attends it. In this case the DE-evolution would be the person who chooses to stop communicating with the community and set their own standards while ignoring everyone else. This eventually results in the "I'm right because I said so" function as being the ultimate form of victory for said person. That has been discarded so long ago it's literally going backwards in society's view.

I did not bring genetics into this. Those will always be an evolution. We could always go back to I'm stronger and have the weapon, and thus my point of view the right one as if you disagree with me I'll just club you over the head. I don't see that as an evolution of society.

I understand when people get angry they need to vent. It's how they vent that changes anger into rage. Anger by itself is not. Anger is an emotion related to one's psychological interpretation of having been offended, wronged or denied and a tendency to react through retaliation. Retaliation is wrong. Eye for an eye will eventually leave the world blind. I'm pretty sure we're smarter than that as a species. We wouldn't be around if we had no means to control our anger in such a manner.

320 CS almost always means you have completely forgotten the objective of the match in favor of farming CS. I don't know what that AD Ahri said or did because I either do not know the reform card or have forgotten it. I am quite busy IRL with the Wheel of Time book right now and am not trying to find the card you speak of. I will not argue on a reform card I did not see or just can't remember atm.

Bans are not controlled by the players. They are voted on by the community. The problem is not who is issuing the ban. The problem is that everybody is looking to blame someone for it. If the Tribunal did not issue the ban people still see it as wrong. I have seen people blame the Tribunal for leaverbuster and manual bans. Many are so obscenely quick to blame someone else for things they don't even attempt to take the few seconds to care about how they treated others. I have never been banned in my life from a game. I have been playing MMO's for 10+ years now. Either I am doing something right or I am one of the very few unique people who never do anything wrong. I will not believe the latter is the solution that everyone needs.

What about the other games? Each game can result in a punish vote. Did you earn it with a single game? Did you do something that people would consider wrong in them? I didn't see your reform card. You did. Somehow you focused on "he took forever to load" but didn't see anything else? What else exists in that reform card? I don't know. I haven't seen it.

This doesn't sound like a punish vote to me on it. There is still a flaw in the game but the 1 death will not be a punish vote from me. I can't read the chat of the game though because I don't have the reform card. Pity that the argument you're using has no option for anyone else to even have a view on it. How can I disagree with something when I have no idea what it is? I can't even agree with it. Yes or no? You don't know what yes means or no means but you're required to pick one answer.


No, this would still continue. Just because you ignored them doesn't mean you will not flame them. The fact that I can tolerate some heat will not change my ability to be burned. This is an argument waiting to happen just on it's face. This is the flaw of rage. You don't have to have any words to have it happen. Someone dies? RAGE! Someone kills someone you did a lot of damage to? RAGE! It doesn't stop you from being a jerk to someone else. It only lets you release your rage at them without care. True, you won't be provoked by words, but you can still produce it. Kill secured...

It is often communicated in a way to offend rather than to instruct. People have forgotten the objective of the game is not to kill the opponent. It is to conquer their base. To die to kill is a mistake. A battle is not won by giving your life for your country. It is won by not dying while completing objectives. How you communicate this is just as important as communicating in the first place. If people take it the wrong way it is likely the way it is communicated is the problem. If they choose not to take good advice it is not the fault of the giver of such advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM

Great advice there. Important even now. Do you listen to the words or do you hate the voice? It's a simple thing to tolerate the voice to gain the wisdom. It is also a simple thing to hate the voice enough where you discard wisdom in doing so.


Face checking a shrub I know enemy champions would hide in tends to make me angry. I'm not going to start swearing at my ally for this. I am going to try to warn them beforehand. Failure to accept warning can result in their death and a disadvantage for the team I am on. I'm not going to spend 5 minutes reminding them about it over and over. Will I be enraged at the 5th time he does it? Yes. Will I take it out on him verbally? No. Those who fail to learn only learn to fail. I can't change people into thinking mode physically and the choice of words I will choose is "Do you intend to continue to do that all game or have you learned not to do that yet?" My ally has a choice here. Learn or do not. If he hasn't learned that suicide is a bad idea by that point then he won't listen and thus teaching him is fruitless in the first place. I will just stop trying to teach them at that point.

This is the "If you don't want to learn then I don't want to teach you" system. Works well enough in the school system until people start letting failing grade people continue on to the next grade level. See Stand and Deliver (1988).

Try to remember that when you are not working on that virus string that could be related to cancer to leave it out of your life when not working on it. Thinking of it instead of thinking of the game puts undue strain upon you and is unrelated to the game. Use the "check your coat at the door" theme. I work at UPS. It's insanely physical of a job for the shift I work. When I am not directly dealing with a customer I leave it be. No sense in bringing the fact that some people just do not know how to ship things here.

Here's a personal example that you'll probably laugh a little at. There was a customer who was shipping some short swords. They put them into a cardboard box, taped it shut, labeled it, and sent it out. They did NOT use a flat long box in order to contain the swords in minimal space, or put any of the swords in sheaths to protect the swords, or bind them together to make them less likely to destroy the box. I saw this box. It looked like a magician was trying to show us the skewered box trick. It was rolling at me. I could of been severely injured by it. I'm probably the only reason why that customer had any of his swords delivered. I know how to peace bind blades. Thus I took those 40 swords and packed them properly in order to keep them from hurting anyone between me and the person who was getting them. My managers were afraid of this box of blades. This was very much like a game of pick up sticks only with very sharp pointy sticks. Swords do not scare me. That is why I had to take care of it. Not because I needed to, but because I actually wanted my customers to learn from this.

How does that apply to league of legends? It doesn't. Why should I bring it up? I shouldn't. I took care of the problem presented in front of me at the time it was presented. When you're playing the game just play the game. This is how the world works. Complete the problem set in front of you at the time it is in front of you. Yell not about past actions, but learn from them. Become smarter, and become careful. Learn to weigh risks vs rewards. When you have mastered this you become dangerous to those against you and a treasure to those with you.

Sa souvraya niende misain ye. Back on topic before I go too far off the rails.

Verbally inducing sodomy upon another changes the game from having 1 troll to 2. Your allies (be they 1 from twisted treeline or 3 from the other matches) now have twice as much to endure. Why bring them down to the trolls level?
in bio-genetics, the science of all biology, devolution does not exist, it's proven fact, sorry but wiki articles don't argue well against 12 years of bio genetic study at the highest level

again, blocking somebody, would prevent you from speaking to them, you cannot flame somebody who cannot hear you/read your text, it'd be no different from me yelling out profanity at their actions, the amount of rage is the same either way, but one way you don't get yourself in trouble, as expressing anger is proven to be more healthy than trying to contain it(you can rupture your brain cells in your cerebellum and ultimately cause you to lose loss of motor functions


as far as ulterior ways to remind teammates not do fail

"Do you intend to continue to do that all game or have you learned not to do that yet? i've seen people get banned for less than that, as it can be construed in a different manner if the context isn't evident


again i find tolerance to be detrimental to the growth rate necessary for human kind to survive

it won't be long and the children that are growing up today with no respect are running things, and the world will then end

320 cs indicates a long game where i can jungle, push lanes and towers, and stay consistent in teamfights, it's all a matter of perspective, i've been playing this game since it's initial release to the public, excluding the preseason 1, i've had literally thousands of games, and it wasn't until the tribunal that i lost my main account permanently, the reds often say they're more strict with bans, but evidence states otherwise,


i would be fine with people like you judging cases, but others that do, shouldn't even be allowed to breed, yet they're allowed to use internet freely >_> tribunal needs to be more exclusive at least



my ideas are all screwed up this time around, i didn't copy paste your rebuttal in notepad like last time because i've moved from my laptop to my mobile, sorry for the clutter


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
in bio-genetics, the science of all biology, devolution does not exist, it's proven fact, sorry but wiki articles don't argue well against 12 years of bio genetic study at the highest level
I already agreed with that in the science of biology. Society can evolve or devolve. Why repeat this?

Quote:
again, blocking somebody, would prevent you from speaking to them,
STOP!

Yes, you can still speak at someone you have ignored. This ignore is not a two way street. You turn off their ability to talk to you. You don't converse with them. You can still speak AT them. A deaf person can still swear at you without looking at you. As they are not looking at you they can continue to swear without having any knowledge that you are replying. Learn that.

Quote:
as far as ulterior ways to remind teammates not do fail
Careful, Blitzcrank is in that bush. (grabbed, popup, dead) Repeat 3 times more. I don't ask the question without reason. Sometimes people just do stupid things.

Quote:
"Do you intend to continue to do that all game or have you learned not to do that yet? i've seen people get banned for less than that, as it can be construed in a different manner if the context isn't evident
That would be why I always have the statements of warning prior to asking the question. Some people will keep repeating the same mistake and never learn.


Quote:
again i find tolerance to be detrimental to the growth rate necessary for human kind to survive
Never did I say you have to tolerate it. You have to endure it until you can report it.

Quote:
it won't be long and the children that are growing up today with no respect are running things, and the world will then end
That has been said many times before. How many times has the world ended?

Quote:
320 cs indicates a long game where i can jungle, push lanes and towers, and stay consistent in teamfights, it's all a matter of perspective, i've been playing this game since it's initial release to the public, excluding the preseason 1, i've had literally thousands of games, and it wasn't until the tribunal that i lost my main account permanently, the reds often say they're more strict with bans, but evidence states otherwise,
What you perceive as evidence is not what you have brought to this table. 320 CS is only possible at 26 minutes of farming CS. That's well into mid game if not already into end game. That would be over 9000 gold. Close to 10k, but over 9000 is just more fun to type.

Quote:
i would be fine with people like you judging cases, but others that do, shouldn't even be allowed to breed, yet they're allowed to use internet freely >_> tribunal needs to be more exclusive at least
There are people who would disagree that I am a proper judge. They are wrong. I am not a judge and never will be. I am merely a juror. That is what the Tribunal does. It's like jury duty, with less rewards, and even less respect from the public. My only reward for actually doing this is hope that players who are doing wrong learn from this. This is a rare thing within these forums.



Quote:
my ideas are all screwed up this time around, i didn't copy paste your rebuttal in notepad like last time because i've moved from my laptop to my mobile, sorry for the clutter
No worries. Debate requires acceptance that people have the option to read/reply. Also you can space my statements in the reply by typing in brackets the word quote and adding /quote. That is how I am spacing your statements and giving them each proper attention. Feel free to learn this forum trick.

˙sʎɐʍʎuɐ ʇı op ɐuuob ˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ ɹǝʌo ǝuoɥdǝןǝʇ ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ oʇ buıob ʇsnظ ʎןqɐqoɹd ǝɹ,noʎ ʇnq ʎɟoob ǝq pןnoɔ ı

Live and learn friend.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Filthy Meadows

Senior Member

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
I already agreed with that in the science of biology. Society can evolve or devolve. Why repeat this?

STOP!

Yes, you can still speak at someone you have ignored. This ignore is not a two way street. You turn off their ability to talk to you. You don't converse with them. You can still speak AT them. A deaf person can still swear at you without looking at you. As they are not looking at you they can continue to swear without having any knowledge that you are replying. Learn that.


Careful, Blitzcrank is in that bush. (grabbed, popup, dead) Repeat 3 times more. I don't ask the question without reason. Sometimes people just do stupid things.

That would be why I always have the statements of warning prior to asking the question. Some people will keep repeating the same mistake and never learn.


Never did I say you have to tolerate it. You have to endure it until you can report it.

That has been said many times before. How many times has the world ended?

What you perceive as evidence is not what you have brought to this table. 320 CS is only possible at 26 minutes of farming CS. That's well into mid game if not already into end game. That would be over 9000 gold. Close to 10k, but over 9000 is just more fun to type.

There are people who would disagree that I am a proper judge. They are wrong. I am not a judge and never will be. I am merely a juror. That is what the Tribunal does. It's like jury duty, with less rewards, and even less respect from the public. My only reward for actually doing this is hope that players who are doing wrong learn from this. This is a rare thing within these forums.




No worries. Debate requires acceptance that people have the option to read/reply. Also you can space my statements in the reply by typing in brackets the word quote and adding /quote. That is how I am spacing your statements and giving them each proper attention. Feel free to learn this forum trick.

˙sʎɐʍʎuɐ ʇı op ɐuuob ˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ ɹǝʌo ǝuoɥdǝןǝʇ ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ oʇ buıob ʇsnظ ʎןqɐqoɹd ǝɹ,noʎ ʇnq ʎɟoob ǝq pןnoɔ ı

Live and learn friend.
as far as i know the ignoring system disallows others from seeing your text as well,


as far as the website coding goes, i am unfamiliar with the bbcode used in this forum >_>


and again as far as how you warn people not to make the same mistakes, i've seen people get banned from it just the same


"Never did I say you have to tolerate it. You have to endure it until you can report it." that's tolerating it though


as far as the world ending thing it was a figure of speech, but my generation is the first generation in human history, that is more than 43$=% likely to outlive their children, based on the pollution, dietary habbits, and laws set forth in current habitable societies, to say the world will end based on such, is a very just statement, it's in no way a doomsday theory though

what i implied as evidence was simply what any tribunal juror can read prior to punishing, not enough evidence to prove how someone did is there?



each tribunal member is a judge, you don't discuss the case before you vote, it is a requirement of a juror

time bans up until permanent ban, are not monitored by the reds, they've implied this many times


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinetyNineTails

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
I am a fairly harsh Tribunal Judge. You can mute everyone, and I will not push punish.

Cheers and congratulations for trying to come up with a way to not rage.
This, including the part about being a relatively harsh judge. I'm not even sure what I would have to see to hit Punish based on 'Refusal to communicate'. I'm pretty sure I've never done it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QRSx

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
I try to be through.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-evolution
"The concept of devolution as regress from progress relates to the ancient ideas that either life came into being through special creation or that humans are the ultimate product or goal of evolution."

Evolution and DE-evolution exist within social settings. Evolution of a social setting is necessary for it to maintain standards set by the community which attends it. In this case the DE-evolution would be the person who chooses to stop communicating with the community and set their own standards while ignoring everyone else. This eventually results in the "I'm right because I said so" function as being the ultimate form of victory for said person. That has been discarded so long ago it's literally going backwards in society's view.

I did not bring genetics into this. Those will always be an evolution. We could always go back to I'm stronger and have the weapon, and thus my point of view the right one as if you disagree with me I'll just club you over the head. I don't see that as an evolution of society.
I like how you wikied this but didnt even read the article:
"However, according to the definition of evolution, and particularly of the modern evolutionary synthesis in which natural selection leads to evolutionary adaptation, phenomena represented as instances of devolution are in every sense evolutionary."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn
guess unicorns exist
also the entire article basically goes on to discuss how devolution is an old, outdated idea that scientists in the 19th century thought up.
its not tenable.

Quote:
I don't see that as an evolution of society.
you don't mean evolution, you mean, "conforms with my ideals about society."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memetics
also that might interest you

Quote:
We could always go back to I'm stronger and have the weapon, and thus my point of view the right one as if you disagree with me I'll just club you over the head. I don't see that as an evolution of society.
No, now the weapon is the majority. "i'm with the majority so my opinion is the right one. and if you disagree with me ill just club you over the head with the majority."
hi im Galileo. you might know me from such historical incidences such as my discoveries being repressed by the majority at the time.
hi im a black man in america. you might know me from history as the guy who was oppressed by the majority.

Quote:
Evolution of a social setting is necessary for it to maintain standards set by the community which attends it.
By the very definition an "evolution of a social setting" would go beyond the previous standards set by the community, and would not seek to maintain those standards.
ggwp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R4P1DZz

Member

01-13-2013

@LittleDi

Seeing all your replies you are 1 of the people that shouldnt have the the ability to judge others.

Also you have linked wiki pages without reading them fully.

FYI Wiki is created by People you can post anything on there, so you believe whatever wiki tells you? ?I could something made up and i bet your go spout about it somewhere else.? lol


Also my opinion on the tribunal is and always will be negative its unfair judgement players shouldnt have a say over other players and seeing some of the reports ive seen on my few time looking at tribunal cases are ridiculous, Everyone reporting a player for playing a particular character or building in a way that ISNT meta game? its a free game for one your entitled to play how you will and how you like. Adding to that, the reports for the 2 previous i mentioned right? Both were positively playing the game from start to finish and both of the teams those said players were on won their games [fyi = different matchs] Further more thats another major problem with the game, the meta game is terrible, you get insta reported for playing/building in a way that Isnt all over the internet. I own all champions in the game and I never see half of them at all and when ive played them all you get is hate even if you do well or win.

On the toxic side: PVP games are competitive you will have toxic talk in games at times its how it is thats the reaction PVP brings its competitive. If you cant grasp that fact then you shouldnt play. Sports anyone?

On the Ignore feature: Its there for a reason and i use it for that reason if i see someone getting OUT OF HAND. Ill mute them with that ignore feature and continue playing. If your going to ban me for miss communication over that then you defeat the purpose of ignore. Also if thats miss communication then the guy/girl ignored has already failed it by getting ignored in the first place, and should be banned already no?

Fyi someone said pings dont show up on map from ignored players, im pretty certain your wrong, as ive ignored alot of people over the years and i still see them pinging the only thing that changes is you dont hear it and it doesnt spam like some people do which btw is annoying, but you can still see it if you use the minimap since of course thats there for a reason aswell? [Ofc thats from what IVE seen] before you judge me with your tribunal stick over it.

Boils down to one thing and one thing only, the Tribunal is unfair and shouldnt have ever been brought to light. Simple solution Remove it. Enough said on that matter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobMascot

Senior Member

01-13-2013

I use to think no but I've changed my opinion quite awhile ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Filthy Meadows

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRSx View Post
I like how you wikied this but didnt even read the article:
"However, according to the definition of evolution, and particularly of the modern evolutionary synthesis in which natural selection leads to evolutionary adaptation, phenomena represented as instances of devolution are in every sense evolutionary."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn
guess unicorns exist
also the entire article basically goes on to discuss how devolution is an old, outdated idea that scientists in the 19th century thought up.
its not tenable.


you don't mean evolution, you mean, "conforms with my ideals about society."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memetics
also that might interest you


No, now the weapon is the majority. "i'm with the majority so my opinion is the right one. and if you disagree with me ill just club you over the head with the majority."
hi im Galileo. you might know me from such historical incidences such as my discoveries being repressed by the majority at the time.
hi im a black man in america. you might know me from history as the guy who was oppressed by the majority.


By the very definition an "evolution of a social setting" would go beyond the previous standards set by the community, and would not seek to maintain those standards.
ggwp
pretty solid post here man