Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can i get banned if i mute everyone at the start of every game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

01-11-2013

Quote:
Filthy Meadows:
no
because any human being that believes they deserve more in life, no matter if it's a video game, or a job

will make sure they get it

the loudest mouth gets fed?

all of this tolerating bad teammates or having to tolerate a teammate flaming you is ridiculous

it's a childish and weak way to live life

Who said you had to tolerate it? You ignore it. If you can't do that yourself then Riot gave you a tool to do it. If they are too much of a jerk you report them post game as well.

If being human is too hard for you then perhaps you shouldn't be in a video game in the first place. This reminds me that there are some apes which are more human than some people in the world.

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
LittleDi:
Who said you had to tolerate it? You ignore it. If you can't do that yourself then Riot gave you a tool to do it. If they are too much of a jerk you report them post game as well.

If being human is too hard for you then perhaps you shouldn't be in a video game in the first place. This reminds me that there are some apes which are more human than some people in the world.

so according to you... evolution is tolorance towards ****ery? this is the kind of mindset that has children running their parents like slaves

and we are talking about ignoring a teammate using riot's tool, which coincidentally gets you banned for using

Exploding Barrel

01-11-2013

Quote:
Filthy Meadows:
no
because any human being that believes they deserve more in life, no matter if it's a video game, or a job

will make sure they get it

the loudest mouth gets fed?

all of this tolerating bad teammates or having to tolerate a teammate flaming you is ridiculous

it's a childish and weak way to live life

You can act like an animal if you must but it's not "ridiculous" to not want to be dragged down with you.

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
Exploding Barrel:
You can act like an animal if you must but it's not "ridiculous" to not want to be dragged down with you.

acting like an animal? we are animals, you act like tolerance is a step forward? what's next? we'll tolerate people raping our children and stealing our stuff?

Harate

01-11-2013

Ideally you continue to use chat to say Mia and ping and use self control to ignore the bs or baiting coming from them.

It would be tough to punish someone without chat unless they were doing something obviously toxic in lieu of speaking

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
Harate:
Ideally you continue to use chat to say Mia and ping and use self control to ignore and bs or baiting coming from them.

It would be tough to punish someone without chat unless they were doing something obviously toxic in lieu of speaking

yes!

ty for some logic

LittleDi

01-11-2013

Quote:
Filthy Meadows:
so according to you... evolution is tolorance towards ****ery? this is the kind of mindset that has children running their parents like slaves

and we are talking about ignoring a teammate using riot's tool, which coincidentally gets you banned for using

Actually according to me evolution is the situation where you come from a point and grow from it into something better. The use of the tool to just ignore everybody all the time is not properly using the tool. The tool is there to protect you from further verbal abuse. Not to blockade everyone from talking.

I believe it was WookieCookie who said it.
Quote:
WookieeCookie:
We're not going to remove features from our game because certain players are jerks and choose to abuse them.

We will not remove emotes because someone would spam them from start to finish to be a jerk. Instead we would remove the jerk.

We will not remove chat because someone would use it to harass and annoy other players. Instead we would remove the jerk.

We will not remove the option to be an unusual support (ie: Rammus) because someone would choose it to be spiteful and punish his team by feeding kills. Instead we would remove the jerk.

We will not remove certain summoner spells because someone chose them specifically to get his team mates mad while he intentionally feeds the game. Instead we would remove the jerk.

We will not forbid you from buying more than 5 wards because someone may choose to write bad symbols with them. Instead we would remove the jerk.

There are plenty of other examples I can give. But essentially it boils down to this: If a person abuses features in game to be a jerk to team mates, then we will not be removing the feature: we will remove the jerk. As 99% of our community can use taunts without being a jerk, we will not be making a special case for a troll because they can't control themselves.

They should just stop being a jerk.

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
LittleDi:
Actually according to me evolution is the situation where you come from a point and grow from it into something better. The use of the tool to just ignore everybody all the time is not properly using the tool. The tool is there to protect you from further verbal abuse. Not to blockade everyone from talking.

I believe it was WookieCookie who said it.

yet you see bans for people building AD ahri and doing well with her? wookie cookie either lies, or has less control of what he says, than he seems to think?

according to you... but evolution isn't a subjective term, it literally means to evolve to adapt

the word "better" is also based on opinion, evolution is built for adaptation

we should be able to mute all, if we have issues controlling our rage, pings are plenty to communicate in this game

/edit ty for the rebuttal though, insightful posts you have, but we have two very different views on the situation

LittleDi

01-11-2013

Quote:
Filthy Meadows:
yet you see bans for people building AD ahri and doing well with her?
No... I don't see a ban for people building AD Ahri and doing well with her in such a build. I just don't see too many AD Ahri's doing well at all.

Quote:
wookie cookie either lies, or has less control of what he says, than he seems to think?
He has perfect control of if they should or should not permanently ban someone. Riot also has the option to review cases from the Tribunal and change the verdict to what they decide it will be. Nobody knows how minor the time ban needs to be in order for a manual review. It could be anything above a warning email. It might be only after 3 day bans. We just don't know. Nobody has shared that info with us.

Quote:
according to you... but evolution isn't a subjective term, it literally means to evolve to adapt
Evolution does not specifically forbid DE-evolution as a solution. Evolving into a troll is one such example. You could either grow to be a better member of the community where people want to be around you or take the opposite road. The perspective of what is evolving and devolving is subjective. I suggest we avoid such an argument. It would be fruitless.

Quote:
the word "better" is also based on opinion, evolution is built for adaptation
For better or worse the world will change if those who wish it to be so act. Should we begin tearing down what we have attempted to do here? To clear the game of trolls and jerks so that everyone could enjoy the game? Is that not better for all the rest? I'll quell my own argument with these questions. No, it's not better if we just remove the trolls and jerks. It's better if they actually stop being trolls and jerks. But we can't change them by our own actions. That they must do.

Quote:
we should be able to mute all, if we have issues controlling our rage, pings are plenty to communicate in this game
True, you can communicate with pings alone in games. The problem is that rage will still be the issue when someone does something that you disagree with. Thus you deny the option to communicate to teach what was a mistake in your eyes and how to avoid it in the future. Face checking has reduced thanks to streamers and spectating games. I've made my own hefty share of mistakes in the past. I've learned from them to be a better player because I asked questions or post death understood what I did wrong. I don't know everything about every champion. But I can almost play as any champion. I've learned the basics of support, adc, apc, tank, jungler, ganks and so much more. I share this now so others can learn from my mistakes. I'm not perfect, never will be, and will continue to try to improve as a player. Not raging at my allies is pretty much a given by this point.

Quote:
/edit ty for the rebuttal though, insightful posts you have, but we have two very different views on the situation

I'm not so sure we're on opposite sides of the fence here. We just look from a perspective we see and relay it from that.

Filthy Meadows

01-11-2013

Quote:
LittleDi:
No... I don't see a ban for people building AD Ahri and doing well with her in such a build. I just don't see too many AD Ahri's doing well at all.

He has perfect control of if they should or should not permanently ban someone. Riot also has the option to review cases from the Tribunal and change the verdict to what they decide it will be. Nobody knows how minor the time ban needs to be in order for a manual review. It could be anything above a warning email. It might be only after 3 day bans. We just don't know. Nobody has shared that info with us.

Evolution does not specifically forbid DE-evolution as a solution. Evolving into a troll is one such example. You could either grow to be a better member of the community where people want to be around you or take the opposite road. The perspective of what is evolving and devolving is subjective. I suggest we avoid such an argument. It would be fruitless.

For better or worse the world will change if those who wish it to be so act. Should we begin tearing down what we have attempted to do here? To clear the game of trolls and jerks so that everyone could enjoy the game? Is that not better for all the rest? I'll quell my own argument with these questions. No, it's not better if we just remove the trolls and jerks. It's better if they actually stop being trolls and jerks. But we can't change them by our own actions. That they must do.

True, you can communicate with pings alone in games. The problem is that rage will still be the issue when someone does something that you disagree with. Thus you deny the option to communicate to teach what was a mistake in your eyes and how to avoid it in the future. Face checking has reduced thanks to streamers and spectating games. I've made my own hefty share of mistakes in the past. I've learned from them to be a better player because I asked questions or post death understood what I did wrong. I don't know everything about every champion. But I can almost play as any champion. I've learned the basics of support, adc, apc, tank, jungler, ganks and so much more. I share this now so others can learn from my mistakes. I'm not perfect, never will be, and will continue to try to improve as a player. Not raging at my allies is pretty much a given by this point.

I'm not so sure we're on opposite sides of the fence here. We just look from a perspective we see and relay it from that.

nice big post there

there is no "de-evolution" even if something changes for the worse, it's still an evolution, devolving is something made up by humans to insinuate that someone is dumb or useless to society,

i feel that people are frowning too much at people getting angry, it's a natural reaction, especially to people that take gaming seriously

and unfortunately wookie only controls perma bans, what about the AD ahri i saw 3 weeks ago getting banned for going 13-1-12 with 320 creeps? one game in the entire reform card, and then the tribunal members heftily trying to justify it?

you, as an intellectual person must see the bad side of player-controlled bans right?

i'm currently on a ban that i definitely deserve, but the ban before it was unwarranted, i had one game in my reform card, and i was banned and it said and i quote "he took forever to load"

3-1 hecarim on twisted tree with the victory, i used pings effectively and we pretty much had a flawless game, can that be justified? it gives players doubt within the system, league has become corrupt because of the player-controlled bans

now to the main point

"True, you can communicate with pings alone in games. The problem is that rage will still be the issue when someone does something that you disagree with."
-it would still stop flaming,

Thus you deny the option to communicate to teach what was a mistake in your eyes and how to avoid it in the future.
-i very often see people take this the wrong way and turn it into a flame war

Face checking has reduced thanks to streamers and spectating games. I've made my own hefty share of mistakes in the past. I've learned from them to be a better player because I asked questions or post death understood what I did wrong. I don't know everything about every champion. But I can almost play as any champion. I've learned the basics of support, adc, apc, tank, jungler, ganks and so much more. I share this now so others can learn from my mistakes. I'm not perfect, never will be, and will continue to try to improve as a player. Not raging at my allies is pretty much a given by this point."

- not raging AT your allies is a given, but raging at all? it happens, especially in some of us that are more competitive, you and i may see the game very differently

me for example, i am a biochemist major in college, working on a virus string that could possibly be related to cancer, it's a lot of stress,

i enjoy coming home and playing a game of league where i won't get harassed, or trolled, but i find myself in games where someone finds pleasure from doing so, should i not be able to verbally induce sodomy on this being?