ARAM MVP Champs (tournament discussion thread)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

New Gamerleans

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post
This is a terrible list, you must only be playing with <30s. Rammus is one of the worst champs for ARAM unless you have *lots* of CC/poke to make up for it. Also, Corki in god mode poke but not Kog or Syndra? I could go on for much longer but you think Rammus is top tier tank when Alistar is 20x better than him so I'll just stop.
Alistar is not a better tank. His CDs are horrible. His headbutt/pulv combo is the only closer he yields, and again, without CDR, he has to wait the length of a fast teamfight in order to use his combo again. His heal is so minute and his passive is next to useless unless you stack it on top of a Sunfire Cape and Thornmail (in case of ADs). His ult is truely where it lies. Rammus is THE anti-AD tank. There is none better. Funnily enough, I was playing a rammus game just as I was responding to this and there was Olaf/Darius/Garen/Jayce/Diana. Safe to say, just by walking up and taunting they would do half their health on me alone. Don't get me started on my ult either. LOL! Guess who I get to play the following game... Alistar! Game's over, and I have to say, I stand by what I originally stated. His CDs are horrible, but in addition, his mana is even worse until late game. What's more, Rammus not only deals more damage, but reflects enemy damage. His defensive items increase the damage of his passive and reflecting ability.

To address the second portion of your post, you need to spend more time reading before getting so worked up about the list. I wrote in 2 different places that the list is incomplete and constantly undergoing changes as I get feedback. Kog and Syndra are indeed very strong poke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANgerousPlays View Post
How is fiddle not mentioned. Godlike poke+sustain+1000year fear+ crazy ult

Also Mundo, buy all health regen items + warmogs and get like 100 hp regen a second without ult. Plus on top of that Cleaver is decent poke.

I'd also want an Amumu over any of the tanks you listed.

And no Nidalee spear for godly poke??

Katarina also a game changer when played well.

AP Kog poke.

Anivia too if played correctly can change games. Can stop tower pushes solo with ult, ranged stun and godly walls.

So many better champs/champs I'd rather have then some of the ones listed.
I know reading is a hard thing to do, requires a lot of bicep curls and such, but try doing more of it. I wrote in two different places that this list is incomplete and being reworked. You shouldn't be surprised if it's in disarray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idyemyhairbrown View Post
How is Veigar not mentioned? His stun is one of the most OP skills on the map. And Nid's spears are one of the best pokes.

Kat and Akali are great also, though maybe they don't fit anywhere aprticular in your list.
List is unfinished and being reworked based on feedback.

Basist

01-22-2013

^ 30% or higher cdr is what makes Ali great; if you don't get at least 25% you are already a bad Ali. Also, Frozen Heart/Iceborn should cover most of Alistar's mana problems.

New Gamerleans

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post
^ 30% or higher cdr is what makes Ali great; if you don't get at least 25% you are already a bad Ali. Also, Frozen Heart/Iceborn should cover most of Alistar's mana problems.
Except it takes a while to build those items. Especially if you get a disadvantageous match up. The bottom line is Alistar is more dependent on a successful team than Rammus (speaking exclusively for ARAM of course).