ARAM MVP Champs (tournament discussion thread)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

New Gamerleans

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandemoniumHeart View Post
Your tiers are way too big and lack any finesse. The naming is also stupid; "God mode" is a name that implies the absolute cream of the crop, best 1-5 champions; not every run of the mill decent one.

Break down the lists more. Make more tiers and harder choices, or else break down based on type of champion (mage, bruiser, tank, carry, support maybe).
I disagree on the God mode title point, considering in their own ways they are gods, but you are right there should be more choices. Thanks for the input.

Krillin365

01-14-2013

I don't think it's really a "god" list when there are like 30 champs in it lol.

New Gamerleans

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krillin365 View Post
I don't think it's really a "god" list when there are like 30 champs in it lol.
Maybe I'm an ancient Egyptian, you don't know my life!

Zwingley

01-16-2013

Personally, I don't really think this is the right way to approach a tier list for ARAMs.

I think you should look at the separate attributes each champion brings to a team, and give them rankings in several categories before assigning them an overall ranking.

This is me throwing something together in two minutes, but here's a rough sketch of what I mean. Rankings are from S to D.

<Champion>: <Overall rating>
Dueling potential: etc.
Poke potential: etc.
Initiation potential:
Support potential:
Threat potential:

Something like this. The categories I gave are pretty cut-and-dried, I feel, but there's probably room to refine them. I'll give it some more thought when I get home from class tonight.

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-18-2013

I'm disappointed in any list that doesn't have Soraka in it.

New Gamerleans

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwingley View Post
Personally, I don't really think this is the right way to approach a tier list for ARAMs.

I think you should look at the separate attributes each champion brings to a team, and give them rankings in several categories before assigning them an overall ranking.

This is me throwing something together in two minutes, but here's a rough sketch of what I mean. Rankings are from S to D.

<Champion>: <Overall rating>
Dueling potential: etc.
Poke potential: etc.
Initiation potential:
Support potential:
Threat potential:

Something like this. The categories I gave are pretty cut-and-dried, I feel, but there's probably room to refine them. I'll give it some more thought when I get home from class tonight.
Skype me tonight and we can clean this up.

Basist

01-18-2013

This is a terrible list, you must only be playing with <30s. Rammus is one of the worst champs for ARAM unless you have *lots* of CC/poke to make up for it. Also, Corki in god mode poke but not Kog or Syndra? I could go on for much longer but you think Rammus is top tier tank when Alistar is 20x better than him so I'll just stop.

Amalickiah

01-21-2013

Fiddlesticks has godlike poke. It bounces multiple times and silences multiple people.

I Care So Much

01-21-2013

How is fiddle not mentioned. Godlike poke+sustain+1000year fear+ crazy ult

Also Mundo, buy all health regen items + warmogs and get like 100 hp regen a second without ult. Plus on top of that Cleaver is decent poke.

I'd also want an Amumu over any of the tanks you listed.

And no Nidalee spear for godly poke??

Katarina also a game changer when played well.

AP Kog poke.

Anivia too if played correctly can change games. Can stop tower pushes solo with ult, ranged stun and godly walls.

So many better champs/champs I'd rather have then some of the ones listed.

idyemyhairbrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-21-2013

How is Veigar not mentioned? His stun is one of the most OP skills on the map. And Nid's spears are one of the best pokes.

Kat and Akali are great also, though maybe they don't fit anywhere aprticular in your list.