Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SangnomShekey View Post
Does this mean we can use remade items like the black cleaver?
Only items under the "new" tab.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

01-11-2013
8 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pigeon View Post
Does the "preparing for Season 3" method have to be a serious one or can it be a funny/joke one?
Humor is certainly welcome, but any humor that displays or accentuates negative in-game behavior is discouraged.

@dreampod I included a section in the FAQ detailing the judging process and exactly what we will be looking for in an entry. If you have additional questions, I recommend looking there. The link is in the OP.

vanderbolt

01-12-2013

I was reading the legal stuff and it said that the recipient will be paying the taxes. Riot, correct me if I'm wrong, but that means the winner will be paying up to 2 (two) thousand dollars worth of taxes. (tax on the 2000.)

I quote

"ALL FEDERAL, NATIONAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL AND/OR LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER."

And

"Grand Prize. Two winning Entries shall be awarded one Wacom Cintiq 22HD Pen Display, one League of Legends drawstring goodie bag, and 15,000 Riot Points. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $2184.38 USD."

vanderbolt

01-12-2013

I use sketchbook express and It does not have a pixel count. What should I do?

Kreyni

01-12-2013

Does it have to make sense?

I was thinking Muramana on Riven (Because it looks totally awesome), but then I realized she has no mana.

I could do sotice or Zephyr too, but I'm really hoping I can do Muramana o:

Roit pls?

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

01-12-2013
9 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbolt View Post
I use sketchbook express and It does not have a pixel count. What should I do?
I was able to find a guide on setting your canvas size in sketchbook express via google search. It says to go to Image > Canvas Size and then a menu allows you to select the exact dimensions

@Kreyni no, it doesn't have to necessarily be a good in-game strategic choice. The season 3 items you decide to use don't even need to be equipped by a champion in order to make your entry eligible.

vanderbolt

01-12-2013

Thank you for your help, however I believe I will have to download it on my computer. And what about the taxes?

Lord Poet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
...In the spirit of competition, we’re also challenging you awesome fan artists to create a picture of your favorite champion preparing for Season Three and enter it in the Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown...
Vandarus: Interesting... a new art contest is up at LoL! I had fun drawing on cookies for the Gingerbread contest, maybe I will give this one a...

:notices the Digital Art requirement:

:glances at his super duper awesome Microsoft Paint program...:

:'(

Best of luck to everyone else!

Wifom

01-12-2013

I have a couple questions - 1) can the season 3 item be drawn as an active? for example... The shard of true ice is a blue circle around a champion. Can I draw that instead of the wand? and 2) I know past winners have a more "realistic" style and more flushed out details. Can people who have more anime/japanese-style still have an equal chance of winning? Or do you prefer the more 3D-like CGing?

Nephian

01-12-2013

Quote:
A “Bananas OP” foam banana
I. must. have. this.