Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherubas

02-25-2013

I have a couple questions.

Someone pointed out that the official rules say we have to have all of our information turned in by March 1st. Will there be any amendment to that rule if you guys don't have the judging done until 15 minutes before that deadline?

Secondly, since it was just kind of thrown in with the "how to save" stuff and not bullet marked on its own I did not notice the bit about naming the file with my summoner name and region (though I did fill that out in the application). Will this disqualify me?

Lavinea Ardor

02-25-2013

Quote:
Cherubas:
I have a couple questions.

Someone pointed out that the official rules say we have to have all of our information turned in by March 1st. Will there be any amendment to that rule if you guys don't have the judging done until 15 minutes before that deadline?

Secondly, since it was just kind of thrown in with the "how to save" stuff and not bullet marked on its own I did not notice the bit about naming the file with my summoner name and region (though I did fill that out in the application). Will this disqualify me?

Just read this and now I have questions...

Where did it say we had to have all of our information turned in by March 1st? What information??

Also, I don't see the "how to save" part that you're talking about...

I'm worried now about my submission. >_<

Cherubas

02-25-2013

It mentions March 1st in the official rules thing, down under "7. Judging" (though I could be misinterpreting that, but it's better to be safe and get the official word). http://na.leagueoflegends.com/preseason-three-digi-art-throwdown-contest-rules

And in the FAQ for the contest under the "how do I save" thing where the image is, number 5 tells us to name the file after our summoner name and region. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2992680

I think a few other people commented that they didn't name theirs right, so HOPEFULLY the kind people holding the contest will forgive that little misstep.

Lavinea Ardor

02-25-2013

Thank you so much for clearing that up Cherubas!

Not as worried now, but still anxious to see the winners. ^_^

Best of luck to everyone!~

Lord Yunii

Recruiter

02-25-2013

I don't know if they will accept work or not without the proper naming convention. I hope they will be forgiving on that point for people as well. I know that I was almost ready to turned my submission in when I decided to reread the rules - probably the 4th time through - and happened to notice the bit about the naming convention. Problem is that we have to be thorough and focussed when reading these rules. Don't just sim through.

BergMeister

02-26-2013

Quote:
Lord Yunii:
I don't know if they will accept work or not without the proper naming convention. I hope they will be forgiving on that point for people as well. I know that I was almost ready to turned my submission in when I decided to reread the rules - probably the 4th time through - and happened to notice the bit about the naming convention. Problem is that we have to be thorough and focussed when reading these rules. Don't just sim through.

especially on the fact that it was on several different pages ]: I never saw the contest FAQ page until after I submitted. I sill qualified for all of the rules except for the SummonerName/Region one, sneaky sneaky rule.

TallTail

02-26-2013

@ Lavinea and Cherubas

looks like we only worry about the affidavit if we are notified.

7. Judging.

Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall choose all prize winners except the Summoner’s Choice prize winner from all eligible entries. Winners shall be chosen by Sponsor based upon the following criteria: ) quality; (ii) content; and (iii) impact, with equal weight being given to each criterion. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail (or any other appropriate method) immediately after determination by Sponsor. To claim a prize, potential winner (and parent or legal guardian if winner is under the age of legal majority) must follow the instructions contained in the notification, which may include, at Sponsor’s discretion and whether in one document or multiple, ) a winner’s affidavit verifying identity, eligibility, and acceptance of all rules; (ii) a grant of rights consistent with the provisions of these Official Rules; (iii) a liability release, and/or (iv) a publicity release (collectively the “Documents&#8221. The designated Documents must be completed and submitted by March 1st, 2013 or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner chosen, time and circumstances permitting. Sponsor reserves the right in all cases to withhold prize award until the potential winner’s identity and eligibility are established to Sponsor’s reasonable satisfaction. The decisions of Sponsors on all matters are final.

Lavinea Ardor

02-26-2013

@ TallTail

Yup, that's what made me stop worrying so much, I thought there were more things I had missed.

puppytime

02-26-2013

woot, mrz cupcake replied, thank you!!

Poutso

02-26-2013

Well that's unfortunate, the main page has a list of requirements which says at 'least' 3000 pixels, and the 'Official Rules' link doesnt have any technical requirements. Why would it change the submission rules in a frequently asked questions link? Also changing the name of the file it says for our convenience.

Guess some of us will have to try again next time.