Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wretched Spleen

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelKixar View Post
For sure! lol, I got to use them in college, but never could afford to buy one, hopefully will be getting around to one soon.
The cheapest i've come across is around 70 dollars, and that's what i have right now. It works great.

Sathalas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Don't think my painting stood a chance. Been obsessively staring at my email for the pass week or so.

Wretched Spleen

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathalas View Post
Don't think my painting stood a chance. Been obsessively staring at my email for the pass week or so.
I know exactly what you mean, lol. I'll check it every 10 minutes or so thinking i got an email.

Omni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Weren't they going to take 2-3 weeks to go over them and then announce winners? It would have been nice to receive an email confirming our entries were at least received...

Lord Yunii

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen View Post
Weren't they going to take 2-3 weeks to go over them and then announce winners? It would have been nice to receive an email confirming our entries were at least received...
I think winners may hear something by tomorrow. Think it was going to take up to 2 weeks. And yes, a great many were very afraid that their entries were not submitted correctly. That is a definite thing I think they need to improve on in the future. Sending a confirmation email that it's been received would be extremely helpful.

TallTail

02-21-2013

I still think that if the submission thing was a part of this website with a way to use your account login to look at your submissions and if in the event of updating images before a contest deadline you could manually delete your entry in favor of the bettered piece it would be a much smoother and simpler system.

They could state in the submission form exactly how they want image name done and the rest of pertinent information. Why have a 3rd party system when it can be part of their system? No more fuss about what your summoner name is or not knowing if your image was received and especially no more multiple entry issues from last minute updates or updates of updates.

That gives them less bulk to sort and makes it less nerve wracking for the contestants. It would also make it a lot easier to vote for fan winners.

I personally would also like better timelines posted which is not a feature that is to be demanded I know, but as a person who has worked with finicky officials and jittery supplicants I know the value of schedules and posting of such. Like make it publicly known and updated, if changed, the submission time, judging time, and expected winner announcements as that would ease tension and reduce questions that get repeated over and over.

I hope they read this and make the next contest even better as I had so much fun on this one-nail biting and all.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

02-25-2013
22 of 24 Riot Posts

Hey everyone!

We're still in the process of narrowing down the winners. There were over 5,500 entries so there are quite a lot of difficult decisions to be made. We'll have the announcement out as soon as we're ready. Thanks for your patience in all this--we want to be as thorough as we can!

I'll send out any relevant updates via twitter as soon as they come up. <3

Takhuan

02-25-2013

Thanks for the update . That's a lot of art.

Lord Yunii

02-25-2013

Awesome, thank you so much Ms Pudding.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

02-25-2013
23 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTail View Post
I still think that if the submission thing was a part of this website with a way to use your account login to look at your submissions and if in the event of updating images before a contest deadline you could manually delete your entry in favor of the bettered piece it would be a much smoother and simpler system.

They could state in the submission form exactly how they want image name done and the rest of pertinent information. Why have a 3rd party system when it can be part of their system? No more fuss about what your summoner name is or not knowing if your image was received and especially no more multiple entry issues from last minute updates or updates of updates.

That gives them less bulk to sort and makes it less nerve wracking for the contestants. It would also make it a lot easier to vote for fan winners.

I personally would also like better timelines posted which is not a feature that is to be demanded I know, but as a person who has worked with finicky officials and jittery supplicants I know the value of schedules and posting of such. Like make it publicly known and updated, if changed, the submission time, judging time, and expected winner announcements as that would ease tension and reduce questions that get repeated over and over.

I hope they read this and make the next contest even better as I had so much fun on this one-nail biting and all.

You bring up some really great points

This is definitely something we've been considering and hoping to have for awhile, but it'll take some time before we can implement it smoothly. All of the things you mentioned are definitely taken into account though! Thanks for bearing with us as we try to improve the submission and contest process in general. <3