Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxoKIRAoxX

anhdangerous

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Måk? View Post
I would really like to know how you guys do such great work? I'm really jealous of your guy's skills I realize that art will continue to evolve as computers do but man not ever trying digi art makes me feel like I have been missing out on a non messy, less expensive way to create beauty. Someone teach me! I have skills I think my Nasus dose not look totally terrible, so how do I get to the skills of pros? without taking a class at the art institute cause I don't have that kind of money. Is it practice is there a book, a how to or something?
Practice makes perfect. The more time you put into trying to draw better will make you draw better is my opinion.

Jamian

02-09-2013

Lol. ; v ; Now I don't feel so bad. It's like a Vi fanart day! <3

I did Spirit of the Ancient Golem though-- I wonder if I should have done Iceborn, too. rofl.

Maledicte

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Måk? View Post
I would really like to know how you guys do such great work? I'm really jealous of your guy's skills I realize that art will continue to evolve as computers do but man not ever trying digi art makes me feel like I have been missing out on a non messy, less expensive way to create beauty. Someone teach me! I have skills I think my Nasus dose not look totally terrible, so how do I get to the skills of pros? without taking a class at the art institute cause I don't have that kind of money. Is it practice is there a book, a how to or something?
You should get started with Gimp. Its a free program, and it competes pretty well with the more expensive alternatives. http://www.gimp.org/
From there, just look up tutorials. You can figure out how to do almost anything with Google, and lots of people even have video tutorials to help you get started. I hope that helps. I'm not a pro by any means. I'm in the same boat as you, and am just trying to get better

TallTail

02-09-2013

Måk?

I got corel painter essentials 4 and a cheapy wacom tablet to start learning. It took a while before I started understanding the program. Now I use corel painter 12 and a better tablet, but still cheap. I watch other folks videos, but mostly it is playing with the program and figuring out what you like and don't like. It takes time to get used to the disconnect of the screen and tablet style drawing, but other than that what you know as an artist already is a good foundation.

Mousey

Måk?

02-09-2013

Ah I was using photoshop elements. You guys just have so much knowledge about how to texture things and other useful tools. All I was using want the paint brush and smear lol but I'll continue to practice and see if I can get better. This wont be my last picture lol...

YoungNizzmo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Here is my submission. Good luck everyone
http://mikefertig.deviantart.com/art...rina-353138551

Pino Usagi

02-09-2013

Here is my submission to the competition... Woah that rhymed. Anyway, it's Diana doing some target practice for her training during the preseason. Enjoy : )

http://fantaisie-triste.deviantart.c...down-353225665

Karisse

02-09-2013