Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MButcher

01-11-2013

Hey, I've been searching for info on the trade restrictions and have only found positive things about the USA-Colombia trade/economic relationship. Does anyone have additional info about this subject? I would really like to know if I can participate in this contest. Thanks in advance.

Diss

01-11-2013

Is the contest open to anyone? i live in south america and i was thinking if countries over here are elegibles for the prizes.

Comedian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Is it fine to draw elise in her spider form?

Comedian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

I might do kog, does it count as using runanns to have the little hovering ball beside kog?

Bluesparks

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhillieSaur View Post
I might do kog, does it count as using runanns to have the little hovering ball beside kog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMsPudding via Twitter
@RiotMsPudding
"Does it count as using runanns to have the little hovering ball beside kog?" No. The hovering ball is not the item itself #DigiArtFAQ
I would think actually drawing the Hurricane inside the little ball would count though.

Kind of a shame Fizz's shark seconds away from eating Teemo probably violates "Must be appropriate for all ages".

Zeroex77

01-11-2013

hmm how do i digitize fondent .........figure that out and win

Cynicatt

01-11-2013

Oh yes. I already know what i'm going to do.

Kind of disappointing though that it's another one of these, because only the artists that can make their digital art "paint pretty" are going to win this kind of thing(and those are people who already have fancy pen tablets). :\ Which means not much chance that someone with an art style like mine will win, but I REALLY need to replace this old CTE430, so I will give it my best shot...

Jixson

Senior Recruiter

01-11-2013

man. another contest designed to alienate anyone without any artistic talent.

Kind of sick of it at this point.
I get the point of it, but people who can't draw, or bake have been removed from everything except that Riven pose thing for a long time now.

Let us write some lore or fanfics or something at some point.

That, I can actually do.

MrCheezz

01-11-2013

-looks at goodies bag- DAMNIT WHY AM I NOT TALENTED!!!! ;~;

Bluesparks

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
Let us write some lore or fanfics or something at some point.

That, I can actually do.
I feel you, man, but the problem with any sort of narrative or prose is that it takes a lot longer to sort through dozens or hundreds of narratives--and it takes a lot longer to properly enjoy and appreciate them--than it does to judge dozens or hundreds of images.

Not only that but--at least in my experience--drawings can usually be completed in a much smaller timeframe--say a few weeks--than longer narratives, which take time to conceptualize, flesh out, detail, and then actually write out. Short narratives might work, but then you run into word limits which naturally discourage writing styles that lend themselves better to longer, more verbose works.

It takes a very dedicated team with a lot of spare time to organize a good narrative contest--but it just flat-out takes less time to hold a drawing contest.