Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
Do note that the grand prize is actually a giant backlit HD tablet that you can draw directly on. It's a very different experience than using a small wacom

I'm excited to see what you come up with I haven't seen too much Elise fan art yet myself.
I hate to disappoint you, but I've actually been having an extremely hard time drawing Elise, and honestly, I have some other things on my plate that I have to deal with as a priority. So it saddens me to say that I won't be entering after all. I really would have liked to, but with work, a lack of motivation, and difficulty actually recreating the champion I want to draw so badly, I don't think you'll be seeing anything from me for awhile, especially not for this contest...

glorii

01-24-2013

el dibujo debe tener otro aspecto?

almiambar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

btw, may I change the colour of the item or items? as long as it still reads as the original item of course. I mean.. if we can change the outfit of the champion, why not the item? ^^. For example.. If I want the banner of command to be blue instead of red, could I change its color?

JKGN

01-24-2013

Mspudding already said you have artistic interpretation of their items you can do whatever you want as long as it "reads" as that item

Xite91

01-25-2013

i want to add a portrait in the background of my picture of one of the champions, is it okay if I used one of the splash arts as a template for it (no copying, but it will be very close to the original splash art)? it's not a big part of the picture, just a little picture in the background, would that be ok?

JKGN

01-25-2013

If the drawing is done by you, sounds fine to me. though I think you'll lose marks if you're literally using the same pose and composition even if it is done in your own style.

Lord Rees

01-25-2013

When drawing the champion, are we allowed to use all the skins available or do we need to use the classic skin for the contest?

Xite91

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKGN View Post
If the drawing is done by you, sounds fine to me. though I think you'll lose marks if you're literally using the same pose and composition even if it is done in your own style.
Like I said, it IS the same picture, but it's a very small part of a big picture, just a portrait type thing in the background.

JKGN

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rees View Post
When drawing the champion, are we allowed to use all the skins available or do we need to use the classic skin for the contest?
Pretty sure we have free reign over this. If it exists in-game, it's good to use.

I've seen alot of Teemo skin variations in fan art so I doubt you'll have any problems. I'm using alt skins in my submission too

JKGN

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xite91 View Post
Like I said, it IS the same picture, but it's a very small part of a big picture, just a portrait type thing in the background.
Depends how small. If you're using the portrait graphic say, for a background object in a photo frame in a living room, that's ok.

but If it's a key background element and you're literally just ripping that pic for it, it won't score good in a judge's book.

If you're in it to win it, challenge yourself to do your piece completely original and free of copy pasta is what I say.