Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ynette

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhand Mojo View Post
Man, I am so confused

At first I was rabidly excited about this but now I have alot more doubts than I do certainties about this contest. When I read the contest initially I saw it as an opportunity to showcase both the new items and some champions with said items--except now it seems more specific that these champions must be in some sort of act or "preparation" while still debuting the proposed Season 3 item(s).

So I'm just gonna be blunt about it-- would showcasing several characters like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-n8NNuItqKf...DigiartWIP.jpg NOT fulfill the guidelines?

Because I really do not want to continue with this if this is the case... or would I have to like... draw this as a supposed 5v5 just to stress the point that all these champions would be in fact "training"?
Very beautifully drawn, but they're not actually preparing. You must make it clear that they are, through some sort of action (that you see fit). Many examples have been given such as Ashe shooting apples on teemo's head, two bulky heroes sword fighting, teemo piling up on his mushroom farm, etc. Perhaps even Meditation (master Yi), boxing (Vi), swimming or jumping through circles like dolphins for Nami or Fizz! preparing spells in a cauldron (Morgana), Caitlyn shooting bottle targets or up on a high building having Teemo in her rifle vision.. lol.. There's so many ideas that my head is exploding! This contest has motivated me not only for this contest, but to work further more!

BlackMystic

01-18-2013

Well I had the same issue...I had to draw the champ, so I drew them doing something, but there's only so much space that u can use. So either you draw it big and it looks stationary, or you draw it smaller and have all the action you want but it loses detail.

El Lecheroh

01-18-2013

I can perform a drawing by hand and then put it in the scanner? or just have to be performed by a design program? sorry, but my English is not very good, I can not understand anything.... D:

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

01-18-2013
19 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lecheroh View Post
I can perform a drawing by hand and then put it in the scanner? or just have to be performed by a design program? sorry, but my English is not very good, I can not understand anything.... D:
This announcement and FAQ was translated into all of our supported languages! What language are you looking for? Have you checked our EU site announcements as well?

ChlorrOfTheMask

01-18-2013

I think I love this contest.

Pepperpwni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

As long as I don't think about other people's art skills, I might just give this a shot...

El Lecheroh

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
This announcement and FAQ was translated into all of our supported languages! What language are you looking for? Have you checked our EU site announcements as well?

ehmmm espaņol

BloodyRose123

01-18-2013

Please answer this

Does the item have to be under the "New Season 3 Items" on your page because I wanted to use the Blade of the Ruined King but I don't see it up there so i don't know if that item is new season 3 item.

Thanks.

PyroReaper

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyRose123 View Post
Please answer this

Does the item have to be under the "New Season 3 Items" on your page because I wanted to use the Blade of the Ruined King but I don't see it up there so i don't know if that item is new season 3 item.

Thanks.
Only the ones under the "New Items" section on this page can be used
http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...reseason/items

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

01-19-2013
20 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lecheroh View Post
ehmmm espaņol
Well, here it is:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?t=1000399

I'm surprised you've never seen this forum in your native tongue! O_O