Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaVVulf

01-14-2013

As I read these, I am sensing a lot of repeated questions and questions that could be answered if they read all the rules. So I am sure Ms. Pudding is too busy to answer simple questions so:

1. Yes, you can enter multiple pieces.

2. Yes, you can do 3D digital as long as the final is registered as a 2D piece. Don't just render a 3D object. Render the entire concept.

3. Yes, you can construct your piece in traditional form but you will need to find a way to make it into a Digital file (scanned or take a photo). Please you will need to retouch the photo for cleaner presentation or you will lose points.

4. Do not copy and "pasta". This is a judgement on rendering and concept.

5. The size must 3000 pixel in height or 3000 pixel in length or both. Also requires 300 in resolution. Most likely, you will need a Photoshop or a program as such to create the create criteria.

6. Please try and submit and don't feel intimidated. These events are for you the players and you alone should just have fun. Good Luck!

Arctic Brute

01-14-2013

I can't draw, but I can Crochet, if I made a champion and took a picture and photoshoped it...Will that count? Just wondering.

ChlorrOfTheMask

01-14-2013

I am curious, would adding a champion idea into the picture be a negative point, or bonus? I have an idea for adding in a champion type I would like to see, but if it will reduce my chances then I will not.

Xite91

01-14-2013

Those prizes.

I came.

LemonFreak

01-14-2013

When you say "prepare" to season 3 I can show it by draw emotions or items that isn't in the game?
for example to draw a new weapon for Ahri (instead her orb) weapon that ain't in any item list or show how happy the champions with text explain why they are happy and excited

Vashos

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaVVulf View Post
2. Yes, you can do 3D digital as long as the final is registered as a 2D piece. Don't just render a 3D object. Render the entire concept.
Actually, I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere. Also, I was totally gonna submit the Blender starter cube as my "object".

WoLfee101

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solari Brigadier View Post
Hey, figured I could help! DigiArt is basically any type of art created using a computer - digital drawings/paintings, graphic designs, 3d modeling, fractal art and more. Basically, if you have a computer and a mouse (though a tablet would work better) you can be a digital artist!

The most common programs for creating digital drawings/paintings are:
-Photoshop (a very versatile tool for everything from photo editing to full digital paintings)
-The GIMP (a free program very similar to Photoshop; used by many artists who are either just starting out or too poor to afford Photoshop)
-Paint (the program installed on every PC; an extremely basic tool)
-Paint Tool SAI (a program mostly used by anime/manga style artists; similar to Photoshop or GIMP, but simpler)

If you want, Adobe has put Photoshop CS2 up for download on their website, for free.

If you want to see how to work with Photoshop, DeviantArt.com is a great place to start.
Thank you so much!

Attack On God

01-14-2013

I painted a master-piece of teemo. But the process took a while, so his passive kicked in. I hope I win.

SamKablam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Is the art going to be judged primarily on skill? I fear that some people might have a idea, but not the hand-to-tablet skill to bring it to life.

Johndye

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKablam View Post
Is the art going to be judged primarily on skill? I fear that some people might have a idea, but not the hand-to-tablet skill to bring it to life.
True that. I don't even have a tablet... but it doesnt matter to me, ill just go with my MS Paint skills :b