Banned?? 2 weeks?? Red please??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy In Mexico View Post

I saw players saying to punish someone for not playing hide and seek correctly in a custom game. PATHETIC. If anything, the ones playing hide and seek should be punished for "trolling". Now, do I actually believe any of them should be punished? No
Wasn't going to say anything till you said something this stupid.

If you join a Hide and Seek game which have it own set of rules, then you must abide by them such as how you abide by the Summoner's Code when playing Normals/Ranked.

Shelzin

01-12-2013

Quote:
Again, I'd like a red to come here and tell me how calling someone bad is ban worthy.
I can do a condensed version of what a Riot staff would say in a more direct and less politically correct manner.

What you said was not ban worthy by itself. You have been at least warned, and likely banned, already in the past for similar behavior. The previous actions of those warnings and bans did not change for the better. Therefor the punishments get worse until the behavior does change.

Now... A riot staff member will tell you that, in a longer post. It'll be all nice polite like. But that's all it comes down to. It wasn't this series of reports ALONE that determined the punishment.

I wrote this out for another poster a couple weeks ago... Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
Well... There was a warning before this action. I don't know the past history... So... I guess I should explain how the punishment works.

See... First you get warned. You are doing something bad... Please don't do that. ((( I'm sure you got the email ))) Sometimes you even get more than one warning.

Then... There is a temp ban. Because obviously the warning didn't work.

Those actually usually happen more than once before you are at the last stage of Perma banned. A perma ban means you can't play on that account anymore.

Let me put it into more real world terms for you so it might be easier to relate.

Mommy says that you can't have a cookie before supper. (Summoners Code)
Being a bad boy you forget and eat a cookie. (Bad bad boy breaking Summoners Code #1)

Mommy sees you finishing off that cookie and smiles a motherly smile and says "I told you not to eat cookies before supper, don't do that again" (warning)

A couple days go by.

Being the bad boy you are you forget again that you aren't supposed to eat the cookies before supper. (Bad bad boy breaking Summoners Code #2)

Mommy catches you AGAIN. This time she does not smile. She wonders why you didn't listen the first time. So this time she says in a mean voice "I told you not to do that. No cookies before supper!" She removes the cookies from your reach. (Short term ban)

A couple weeks go by. Mommy brings back the cookie jar and puts it where it usually is within your reach.

Now you are a pretty smart lad... You remember you aren't supposed to... But you feel hungry before supper and you really want the cookies. So you sneak some more... (Bad bad boy breaking Summoners Code #3)

But boy... Mommies are weird beings. They KNOW things and catch you AGAIN. Dang it!!! Mommies everywhere have memories and they are watching you.... *shifty eyes*
She smacks you hands and tells you "NO!!!". I told you not to eat those cookies before supper. You shall have no cookies for a very long time because I will buy no more for a while and no supper for you tonight! (Long term ban)

Months go by....

And it's a great weekend. The day is bright, the sun is warm at noon... Oh what a feeling... Mommy comes home and asks you to help bring in the groceries. It's been a very long time since Mommy has bought cookies, but she did... And as she's putting away the groceries as you bring them in the house and she says to you with her back turned and head in the fridge... "I bought some more cookies... Remember what happened the last time you ate the cookies before supper... I don't want y-" and she stops mid sentence as she reaches for the milk on the counter...

There you are... with an open bag of cookies and crumbs all over yourself.

Mommies have memories. The punishments keep increasing until you learn the lessons of what you cannot do.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE COOKIES!!!!

A Guy In Mexico

A Guy In Mexico

01-12-2013

Quote:
I can do a condensed version of what a Riot staff would say in a more direct and less politically correct manner.

What you said was not ban worthy by itself. You have been at least warned, and likely banned, already in the past for similar behavior. The previous actions of those warnings and bans did not change for the better. Therefor the punishments get worse until the behavior does change.

Now... A riot staff member will tell you that, in a longer post. It'll be all nice polite like. But that's all it comes down to. It wasn't this series of reports ALONE that determined the punishment.

I wrote this out for another poster a couple weeks ago... Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.
Your first comment is enough. My first ban was also from calling a teammate bad. So it ne'er should of happened in the first place. Your post was funny, but does not pertain to me. Read hat link I posted. Highly undeserved, but trib happy kids decided to punish anyway. It's flawed. A lot of banned accounts should NOT be banned.

LittleDi

01-12-2013

Quote:
Oh neat, he's back.

Graves [00:23:17] were not goin to win
Graves [00:23:23] riven has given up
Riven [00:23:24] cuz i wana get good at top
Vladimir [00:23:29] not in rank
Graves [00:23:32] then play normals
Riven [00:23:34] best in rank
Nunu [00:23:34] go to normals and do it
Vladimir [00:23:35] is not for practice
Riven [00:23:40] rank is for practice

Obviously did not read that someone is considering Ranked play a practice game.

Harate

01-12-2013

After reading this thread it's easy to see from all of the OPs replies what a jerk he is and why he got punished.

Shelzin

01-12-2013

Quote:
I personally would have pardoned. I think I said that already... I'm unsure. But I can't change other judges minds anymore than you can.

I just tell them why I think the way I do when asked, and I hope it makes enough sense that they start judging more like me.

With that said I still stand by everything I've said in this thread.

Shelzin

01-12-2013

Quote:
Your first comment is enough. My first ban was also from calling a teammate bad. So it ne'er should of happened in the first place.
Ok... Well... I'm not going to argue with you over it was this or that... What I am going to say is... If it got you banned before, why do you believe something has changed since then that it won't happen again? I understand that you don't agree... Fine. But that doesn't change anything for anyone else. The same type of thing, will get the same type of result. Right?

Quote:
Your post was funny, but does not pertain to me.
Thank you. I'm glad it didn't get lost in text.

Quote:
Read hat link I posted. Highly undeserved, but trib happy kids decided to punish anyway. It's flawed. A lot of banned accounts should NOT be banned.
I agree that some accounts shouldn't be banned that are. That's an opinion that we share.

A Guy In Mexico

01-12-2013

Quote:
Ok... Well... I'm not going to argue with you over it was this or that... What I am going to say is... If it got you banned before, why do you believe something has changed since then that it won't happen again? I understand that you don't agree... Fine. But that doesn't change anything for anyone else. The same type of thing, will get the same type of result. Right?

Thank you. I'm glad it didn't get lost in text.

I agree that some accounts shouldn't be banned that are. That's an opinion that we share.
And if my account was banned for calling a teammate bad only, then it shouldn't be banned. And I assure you, this is all I've ever been banned for.
Yes, if I got banned at first for it why expect a change, I guess I assumed the first time was a mistake then after didnt care because its a very very VERY stupid reason to be banned in general. These numbers about percentages of accounts banned are made up, or displayed incorrectly IMO. Regardless, just because there might be a low percentage, doesn't mean they are justified bans.

LittleDi

01-12-2013

Quote:
And if my account was banned for calling a teammate bad only, then it shouldn't be banned. And I assure you, this is all I've ever been banned for.
Yes, if I got banned at first for it why expect a change, I guess I assumed the first time was a mistake then after didnt care because its a very very VERY stupid reason to be banned in general. These numbers about percentages of accounts banned are made up, or displayed incorrectly IMO. Regardless, just because there might be a low percentage, doesn't mean they are justified bans.
Appears you understand why someone voted to punish your case, and disregarded taking steps to change it. Just because you do not feel a ban is justified doesn't mean others will not.

Here's a better question. Did you see me review your reform card at all?