Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Banned?? 2 weeks?? Red please??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KineticSkink

01-12-2013

Quote:
Ai Bang Mai Ni:
Only "competitive" game in the world where you can get banned for *being a jerk*. Mad jungle sucked. Gets banned. rofl biggest joke game in history

I don't know where this misconception comes from. Maybe if you compare to COD.

But if you belong to a Basketball/Football/Tennis etc etc and you behaved like a jerk, particularly to your own team, you would be asked to leave the club.

dignitas Rampant

01-12-2013

Well, that's absolutely not true Ai Bang. Now, your assertion might be correct if you said "video game" but you didn't. You can get banned for being a jerk in sports, and in other games as well. There have been players (and owners) banned for unsportsmanlike and offensive behavior in baseball. Marge Schott was permanently barred from baseball, as owner of the Cincinatti Reds, for racism. In Magic the Gathering, you will be given game losses and DCI bans for unsportsmanlike conduct. In any face-to-face game, there are certain standards we are expected to play by. I am not allowed to throw down my Jace the Mind Sculptor, stand up from my seat, and make thrusting motions with my hips while screaming "Get Jaced, motherf******". I would be given a game loss, and probably be lucky to stay in the tourney. Now, I realize that is a slight exaggeration, but your assertion that people don't get banned for *being a jerk* in other games is false.

For those interested, the "Get Jaced" story is actually real, as a player did that at my LGS. The owner was very firm that the next time the guy made thrusting motions with his hips, he would be defenestrated crotch first.

NeedleMouse

01-12-2013

Usually what stops harassment is a simple im just going to ask you nicely once to stop harassing if not I'll have to take other actions. Works everytime.

ThePushySwagg

01-12-2013

Quote:
Shiister:
Yes you a jerk. You complain about your jungler not ganking bottom when he was helping mid. Throughout the game you was negative, insulting your teammates and making the game unfun to play for them. You say the community need to toughen up, yet you here complaining about a ban on a game, toughen up cupcake, right?

Hypocrisy, don't tell him to toughen up, if you disagree about his argument for everyone else to toughen up

Xianio

01-12-2013

Quote:
Hypocrisy, don't tell him to toughen up, if you disagree about his argument for everyone else to toughen up

You misunderstood. The hypocrisy is what was being pointed out by Shiister.

A Guy In Mexico

01-12-2013

Obviously it's a pointless argument because people who believe in the trib will never see flaws. There are flaws in every system and this one has a lot. If I can be banned for calling someone bad then nearly every league player should be banned.... It's ridiculous. I posted reform cards so you can't say I wasn't banned for just calling players bad. It is all I do, yes, I do it too much, but calling someone bad isn't something someone should be banned for. I've seen people get pardoned for saying "fuc* you, ****** bags, trash teammates made me lose, " etc, sometimes all in one game. That's all I'm saying. The system isn't even consistent. Then there are people who insta punish when someone says something along the lines o "well that was gay" (not even directed at anyone). The whole system is dumb and people who play the game should not be deciding cases. Riot needs better staff to do it that way it woke matter the outcome, it was riot itself. Because I know for a for a fact and have been told, riot doesn't review EVERY CASE. I know a friend who was banned ONLY for playing teemo. Even his reform card showed "played teemo".
I've also seen a case where riot was emailed and finally after about 8 emails, the person was unbanned because it was an unjust punishment / tribunal punish. The system is corrupt. Regardless of what anyone says, it's fact. You can argue me all day but it doesn't change facts. I WAS banned for calling a teammate bad/dumb. Maybe some say I should be punished but some say I shouldn't and that it's ridiculous to ban over calling someone bad in a video game. In reality, it is ridiculous to be banned for that. It's a competitive video game. I mean really? If you play a sport and say "you're bad" when you do awful, nobodies going to go crying to he refs expecting a player to be kicked out over it. Again argue me all you want like you have been saying I wasn't banned for just calling someone bad/dumb BUT I WAS. I WAS PERMA BANNED ON MY MAIN AS WELL FOR THE SAME THING. IT'S TRUE. Now stop sitting here telling me what I'm sayin is not true because its 100% true.

Shelzin

01-12-2013

Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:
I WAS PERMA BANNED ON MY MAIN AS WELL FOR THE SAME THING. IT'S TRUE. Now stop sitting here telling me what I'm sayin is not true because its 100% true.

I repeat:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

LittleDi

01-12-2013

Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:
Now stop sitting here telling me what I'm sayin is not true because its 100% true.

Really now? Still clinging to the you're saying 100% truths?
Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:
Lol.. People here are ridiculous. So may double standards and vote to punish happy kids over little to nothing scenarios.

Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:
Sure I could of been nicer, but that doesn't change the fact that this isn't something worth banning over. Everyone has their opinions and the people who don't come on the trib or waste their time on it / the forums very often likely would of pardoned, it's just the tribunal happy people that punish the majority even when not worthy.

Of course I was banned, riot only looks at permanent suspensions so whatever the trib decided, happened.

Regardless, 1 game shouldn't be bannable, nor show up in the trib

Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:
The person in that quote should also be banned, for verbal abuse. If he can get away with that kind of talk, point proven. Mine was not nearly as much as calling people little emo brats etc. not that it offends me, but that's besides the point.

And btw first responder, it's funny you're one of the tribunal campers. One of those vote to punish even when a case shouldn't be

Your double standards are showing. You demand that you are right. You ignore everyone else. People are not allowed by your standards to decide what is and what is not acceptable.

Quit being a jerk.

A Guy In Mexico

01-12-2013

Quote:
Shelzin:
I repeat:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Repeat all day. This doesn't change the fact I never should of been punished in the first place for calling a player bad. If someone is playing poorly or refusing teamwork like my jungler was, calling them bad is not something someone should be banned for, I would never vote to punish someone for calling another player bad or dumb. Although, I may now after seeing these pathetic responses about how deserving I was of bans over calling a player bad. Oooh that's so offensive guys.

A Guy In Mexico

01-12-2013

Quote:
LittleDi:
Really now? Still clinging to the you're saying 100% truths?

Your double standards are showing. You demand that you are right. You ignore everyone else. People are not allowed by your standards to decide what is and what is not acceptable.

Quit being a jerk.

I really don't need your posts they are meaningless and really have nothing to do wih my point. You should go find another post to troll.

Now If reds would stop hiding and fix this issue.